Putin Says A Political Solution Is Still Possible

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Putin Says A Political Solution Is Still Possible

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Thomas Cole The Course of Empire – The Consummation of Empire 1836     Andrew Korybko:   Putin’s Three Latest Appearances President Put
    [See the full post at: Putin Says A Political Solution Is Still Possible]

boscohorowitz
    Participant

A moment of respect for those who lead by example:

“While listening to a draft resister, Randy Kehler, speak in 1969, Ellsberg was feeling patriotic pride for him and for America, when Randy calmly stated that “he was very excited that he would soon be able to join his friends in prison”. His two year prison sentence was about to commence. Ellsberg experienced a sobbing epiphany from Randy’s profound altruistic action, which brought him to consider revealing his own detailed knowledge of the corruption, immorality and hopelessness of the Vietnam War.

John Day
    Participant

This 2019 article relies upon a lot of diplomatic communications, many from the Polish foreign office in Warsaw, captured when the germans overran it, but many others, including private communications of Joseph Kennedy, US ambassador to the UK.
    Roosevelt Conspired to Start World War II in Europe
    https://www.unz.com/article/roosevelt-conspired-to-start-world-war-ii-in-europe/

Attention Poles: Watch Out For Tricks!

Dr. D
    Participant

Consummation of Empire. A Consumme’.

That looks real nice, I see why people want it. However, like the Taoists, I’d probably say, “We’ll see.” Let’s not be hasty. Could be people are ultimately happier chopping wood and pumping water.

I wouldn’t take Putin’s approach on this. The West clearly says, they want a “long”, possibly even a 100 year war with Russia, and this just gives them time and money to do it, and keep It going. Granted, I’m not in the war room to see what the other real options are, but why give your enemy what they say they want, EVER?

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“…why give your enemy what they say they want, EVER?”

“Never interrupt your enemy when it is busy destroying itself.” Sun Tzu

What the enemy wants is tactically/strategically useful info, but that’s it. What your enemy wants is of itself of no interest to its opponent except as stick’n’carrot manipulations on the enemy might be applied through knowledge of what they want. Which brings up another Sun Tzu quote:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

D Benton Smith
    Participant

no one should be suggesting that any nation be denied the right of defending itself with every resource at its disposal. However, it should be decided, declared and solidified in the form of a freshly written and ratified International Treaty that no one, ever, resort to a first strike use of any nuclear weapon as an offensive strategy.

Additional note: depleted uranium artillery munitions are not nuclear weapons, but the ARE in the category of rightfully decried and forbidden Chemical/Biological weapons due to their extreme toxicity and horrendously massive long term damage to noncombatants and must be BANNED and destroyed world wide as part of the international Treaty as described.

userzeroid
    Participant

The fact that this article is not more widely read and cited as a means to achieve peace is staggering. Are we seriously sleepwalking into armed conflict including nuclear weapons by a discredited media, discredited political class and asleep-at-the-wheel populace all the while Russia’s leadership propose diplomatic solutions that are not only reasonable and fair but realistic and achievable? I didn’t sign up for this reincarnation, I want my money back (hope you can hear me universe, I’m talking to you)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.