Talk Cold Turkey

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Talk Cold Turkey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Henri Matisse View of Nôtre Dame 1914   Recep Tayyip Erdogan became Prime Minister of Turkey in 2003. His AKP party had won a major election vict
    [See the full post at: Talk Cold Turkey]

zerosum
    Participant

Turkey has no money. It must print or borrow to take care of the refugies
    “…And don’t let’s forget that Turkey presently hosts millions of Syrian refugees….”

https://data2.unhcr.org/en/situations/syria/location/113

There are tons of data at the link.
    Go to the link at your peril 😉

(ex. Who’s Doing What Where? )
    For free!!!!!!! hehehe

palloy
    Participant

What surprises me is the vehemence of Erdogan’s speeches and the fact that he takes every opportunity to answer every US statement. This is consistent with an intention to have Turkey thrown out of NATO, rather than leaving. It would stop the need for finding someone to blame. I’m sure Putin and Xi will have set up a good deal for him to join the SCO bloc.

What I can’t understand is what Trump thinks he is doing antagonising him so – the priest has been in jail for 2 years and is obviously only a token. The S-400 purchase, the F-35 sale suspension and the Gulen non-extradition are far more important issues.

With Turkey looking east instead of west, all thoughts of linking Israel to NATO-territory via land is gone for ever.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Hmm, it was widely reported that Russia sold 100% of its U.S. treasury’s last week.
    And its debt to GDP is reported to be 17%. It holds reserves which could pay off that entirely with billions leftover.
    Am I missing something here?
    I shouldn’t underestimate Turkey’s importance to NATO; as noted, its geographic location is of strategic importance.
    I think NATO will eat a lot of crow before kissing off Turkey.
    I’d be watching my back if I were Erdogon…
    A Barrett .50 cal has taken out humans at 2 miles in Afghanistan.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Yet a different source says Rissia did not divest 100% of U,S, treasuries; but rather 45%.
    I’m now to the point of not believing 100% of what I read or hear until confirmed by more than a single source.
    My bad for getting sucked in…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.