The Lies and the Narrative

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum The Lies and the Narrative

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Frank Larson Chrysler reflection, 42nd Street near 5th Ave, New York 1950s There will be a parliamentary debate in Holland (the Netherlands) today abo
    [See the full post at: The Lies and the Narrative]

zerosum
    Participant

When I was young, I experienced a simpler world.
    When I was young, a person lied.
    When I was young, Gov. used propaganda.
    When I was young,, “Fake news” did not exist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda
    Propaganda is information that is not objective and is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis or perception, or using loaded language to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information that is presented.[1] Propaganda is often associated with material prepared by governments, but activist groups, companies and the media can also produce propaganda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_news
    Fake news is a type of yellow journalism or propaganda that consists of deliberate misinformation or hoaxes spread via traditional print and broadcast news media or online social media.[1] Fake news is written and published with the intent to mislead in order to damage an agency, entity, or person, and/or gain financially or politically,[2][3][4] often using sensationalist, dishonest, or outright fabricated headlines to increase readership, online sharing, and Internet click revenue.

Chris M
    Participant

Hmm..propaganda funded by the debt money monopolists to keep their cozy empire going. The military/industrial/university complex is their hammer to crush rebellion.

I’m reminded of the movie “A Bug’s Life”. Here’s a famous quote in film:

“You let one ant stand up to us, and they all might stand up! Those “puny little ants” outnumber us a hundred to one. And if they ever figure that out… THERE GOES OUR WAY OF LIFE! It’s not about food. It’s about keeping those ants in line.”

Bullies indeed.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Indeed Ilargi; it’s a matter of morals; and particularly, western morals; they’ve been infected and the rot is palpable. In the west, the word has lost its meaning.
    We’re a culture of galoots.I’m not sure it hasn’t always been thus; but, at one point I believed it mattered; and I still do.
    Your title, The Lies and the Narrative, is apt; 24/7/365/Decades, says it all.
    As time passes it gets worse (if that’s possible) and the din is such I am withdrawing, more, and more from active participation; it’s the willingness of those around me to paticipate in the narritive and repeat the lies unquestioned; that so discourageoues me from further involvement.
    Your blog is pretty much my last stand…

Nassim
    Participant

I know nothing about Dutch politics. I do remember though meeting a young Dutch girl a few of years ago at a big shopping centre in Melbourne (Chadstone). I told her that the whole MH17 investigation was false and that the Russians had nothing whatsoever to do with it. This girl got really angry with me. She would not speak any more with me.

The best stuff on the internet IMHO about MH17 can be found at the blog of a British journalist who has been based in Moscow for many years – John Helmer

You can see a list of his MH17 articles here: https://johnhelmer.net/category/mh17/

The latest article is

THE MH17 INFORMATION WAR – IN THE END TRUMP BLINKED

I have kept a photo of the cockpit of MH17 offline. It is obvious that the cockpit was shot at with cannon from another aircraft. It is difficult to now find this detailed picture on the internet. I found these photos at

https://www.anderweltonline.com/wissenschaft-und-technik/luftfahrt-2014/shocking-analysis-of-the-shooting-down-of-malaysian-mh17/

but the really detailed ones seem to have disappeared. Here is a lower resolution copy

The Wikipedia has been doctored so that the real performance of the SU-25 has been greatly understated. It can readily fly at over 10,000 meters.

There were plenty of witnesses that other aircraft were in the vicinity

Eyewitness Evidence of Machine Gun Fire on MH17

No attempt was ever made to interview witnesses.

Hotrod
    Participant

And yet we expect a President, who could easily be a used car salesman, to rescue us from our demise. Wishful thinking.

John Day
    Participant
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.