Then and Now : Sunshine and Eclipse

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum TAE Blog Finance Then and Now : Sunshine and Eclipse

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    wp_admin
    Keymaster

[article]178[/article]

Franny

I am writing to retract my previous recommendation of Treasury Direct as a safe place to keep dollars. I have been locked out of my account for five days. Calls and emails go unanswered. I googled it and discovered that there are tens of thousands in the same boat. What a nightmare. Good thing I don’t actually need the money today.

Joanna

@ Franny
    That is worrisome. Treasury Direct has been recommended on a fair number of sites I frequent as a decent parking place for dollars. I wonder what the problem is, or if we’ll ever know.

Franny

The problem is that they changed their security procedures last Fall and ever since then they have had a much larger number of customers locked out of their accounts for failure to answer security questions correctly. Their security questions system is dumb. A well designed list of questions yields only one possible answer, e.g. where did you meet your spouse, give only the city not the state. Theirs are too easy to forget. They don’t have nearly enough staff to answer or return all the calls of locked out customers and there is no way to get back in after lockout but talking to a human.

In my case, a call to my Congressman and email to my Senator resulted in me getting a callback within three hours. I am back in now. I am debating whether to leave my money there.

ben

:whistle:

Nassim
    Participant

Here is a better link to this video

https://www.nfb.ca/film/sunshine_eclipse

On my browser (Firefox), the right side seems trunkated.

SteveB
    Participant

Nicole, is Canada the “we” in your conclusion, or are you referring to us readers in some way? And if it’s Canada, do you mean the government, the people (that is, as individuals and families, not as citizens who ostensibly control the government, but perhaps as investors), businesses, or all of the above?

scandia
    Participant

ahem…it’s another jubilee year. Celebrations planned, calls for names of those to honour, the monarchy elevated, confidence on the rise with the most cars sold in January since 2008.
    On the other side of the coin discussion in gov’t to tax food. I came across an article on Yahoo finance that such tax would raise $358 billion.
    Alas the article disappeared. Might be best to have ” A Secret Garden “.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.