Things November 2 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Things November 2 2019

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Woman with blue collar (Portrait d’Inez) 1941   • Christopher Steele Gave Evidence To UK Intrusion Inquiry (G.) • Trump-Ukraine Whi
    [See the full post at: Things November 2 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Don’t know about you, but I like pretty girls in their summer dresses. Should I feel guilty about that now? This feels like something well-intentioned that has gone terribly off the rails.

Me too; and no! And yes, off the rails…
    I’m totally and completely fed up to my eyeballs with all this gender crap.
    There are two genders among the human soecies; period!
    Male (under attack) and female; viv la differance… 😉
    I became a recovering feminist more than 20 years ago…
    Lest I lose it completely; I’ll stop there.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Ugh! Damn typo; soecies of course should be species…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Things November 2 2019
    Pablo Picasso Woman with blue collar (Portrait d’Inez) 1941

The painting is quite lovely actually; almost passed it by…

The Picasso is a rarity for that period in his life, 1941. He almost exclusively painted people with their noses on top of their head etc., looking for a way to do 3D on a flat canvas.

As for the gender issue, it seems wise to not speak too much too soon. But gender neutral doesn’t appear to be a real term, and it easily veers towards gender denial. Which for most people is not a real thing. But for those that do have doubts or questions about what and who they are, by all means let’s support them. Still, do we achieve that with so-called gender neutral emojis? What does that solve?

I see reports of parents who don’t want their young children to ”pronounce” their gender too young, or even some where a parent wants gender-related surgery for their 7 year-olds, and I think whatever is going on we should be able to do better than that.

But I also keep in mind that there are many chemicals out there that affect gender issues in other organisms, so there’s no guarantee they wouldn’t do the same in people.

Still, more than anything, let’s talk about it. There have always been people unhappy in their bodies because of gender, Chelsea Manning is a prime example for me. I would never want to not support her. And if she deserves that support, other of course do too.

Dr. D
    Participant

“Trump-Ukraine Whistleblower Suddenly Won’t Testify (ZH)”

Sort of speaks for itself, doesn’t it? This is what I always do when I have a slam-dunk case, and somehow “Charlie” thinks he’s NEVER going to have to be named and testify? In a national impeachment in one of the world’s primary countries? …Okay! Good luck with that!

I hear “Americans will see, Americans will understand” this and that, blah blah. No they won’t. They don’t read, they don’t understand, because they don’t care about you and don’t have time to come up there and knock heads. So they get it over on the stupido Americanos, yes? No, because INSTEAD of reading every day like you and I do, they can tell JUST AS MUCH and save a whole lot of time by just watching how people speak and act. And being railroaded, with no fair trade or opportunity to speak is completely familiar to every single person here, having been perjured by police, harassed by school principles, bullied by every code officer and petty official, sitting in a thousand corporate meetings where only this happens. So when they take 60 seconds to look into it, once, 30 days before the election, it will STILL read as garbage. And they won’t care who did what to whom, just that this is b——t steaming 6 feet high, and real familiar.

…And not just saying, as the critical swing states are already not buying it, which will flip the House too. This is what you get when you don’t run on policy, the many, many things that can help people and we all agree on. I think it’s official that they’re running on a 100% negative campaign, “Our candidate is a garbage heap but suck it ‘cause anyone but Trump.” No. People are very, very tired of negativity and division. That’s been true for decades and why Obama got in. But the only reason they use it is because otherwise they can’t get in such awful, double-crossing, anti-American tools.

“The CIA is committed to telling the truth… You heard it here first.”

The sad part is, and commented on by the non-herd left, is how on earth the Left could ever love the CIA, FBI, Police, billionaires, corporations, and promote giving them unlimited power. How did that happen, and how did it happen so fast? I say this with 1 and 2A, they think Hitler is in office and they want to disarm themselves and give HIM total control over speech, and increase the secret state budget by billions. Sorry, what??? That’s not what you’d call “Resisting.” They love authority, and it doesn’t matter who owns it, even if that person abuses them literally to death. –Just look at the Soviet Union. They only love, follow and support power. Because if they believed in individualism and responsibility they’d be Republicans. Okay, or small-government Libertarians, or even Anarchists, but anything but Leftists, because 100% of Leftist requires all-consuming government to be your daddy, and then believing (somehow!) that it will never do you wrong although the history of government and leftists is that they always, ALWAYS do you wrong. This belief causes more attacks of raw power on the powerless and vulnerable than any King could ever dream of, and I’m lost as to why it’s not obvious to them. But here you have it: Left ♥ ♥ ♥ CIA, the CIA that kills brown people by the millions worldwide.

A Partisan Impeachment Vote Is Exactly What the Framers Feared (Dershowitz)”

It is, but they could not prevent that, and everything is going pretty well. The partisan vote and approach may work in the House, but co-equal branches of government are restraining them, and may do so even more forcefully, meanwhile the co-equal branch called “The People”, the ultimate veto, are also withdrawing power from a partisan power-play from only one branch. It works itself out over time, but the House can do nothing here, nor, if the people themselves don’t play into it, can anyone else. The division will break and re-merge to the center, as we see with Generation Zoomer, now 19.

“Horse-Trading Is Not An Impeachable Offense (HE)”

Sadly yes, we have not yet found a better way, perhaps until we are better people. Therefore the threshold to actual bribery remains murky. That highlights again where you don’t impeach on obstruction (obstruction of your innocence?) but on “High Crimes”, big, obvious things we can all be certain are over the line. So let’s get one. I’m game!

“Gabbard should seriously consider suing for libel. Clinton has veritably, and without a shred of evidence, accused her of treason, a crime that, due to Gabbard’s continued military service, is punishable by death. This is no small matter.”

This is where you end up when no one is held to account, ever. At first it’s things that can be interpreted badly, as horse-trading. Then it’s innuendo and bad faith until you reach a point where you’re calling each other “a tool of the French” and a “Hermaphrodite” as Jefferson and Adams did. That’s why being able to sue, without it being as today, nearly impossible, is so important. It helps keep the culture in check, and is fair because real damages occur that have real costs – it’s not just the court and law getting involved in personal fights.

“Trevor Noah Asks Hillary: “How Did You Kill Jeffrey Epstein?” (ZH)”

I think when they’re swimming in the fish tank they actually believe it. Like all cults do. All ‘good people’ believe it, all my friends believe it, it’s only these two racist rednecks in Alabama that don’t believe it. “’It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.’ Upton Sinclair If they stopped believing it, like I suspect Stewart and Seinfeld have, they lose their jobs and platform, and most probably their friends, their careers, if not their lives. Look at Cavanaugh, etc. or Trump who was a Democrat with a picture donating to every Black organization in NY until his campaign started. Then suddenly: Hitler. All friends flee, all knowing it’s false. Such Intelligentsia, the well-known cowards of history. So they have to keep their protests small. But being small, they are then complicit, helping the lie roll on and on, which is exactly how the Jacobins, Nazis, Cultural Revolution, and every other historical catastrophe happened: “All it takes for Evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.” – MLK. They do nothing, so I cannot respect them. Simpson, Assange, etc, the information is out there, they can read it. They clearly REFUSE to, which is supported by Antifa, etc, beating anyone in the streets who even TALKS to the other side, even to learn to know their enemy better. This is the sign of certain failure, and certain lies, although sadly the high water mark of failure and discrediting can take quite a while.

This, while everyone in Hollywood, like Stewart, like Noah, knew all about Weinstein and Spacy for decades, Oprah sent over fresh women to him for years, and they told jokes on Family Guy and Simpsons for years, doing nothing. So I’m supposed to believe and respect them while they’re raping Corey Feldman and battering him for his entire life whenever he, the victim, talks about it? I’m supposed to find it a coincidence when the 2nd Spacy accuser has died in a mysterious accident in a single year?

At some point complicity, “just following orders” makes you the enemy. I’d say much of Hollywood has long since passed that point. This is case-by-case, and evidence must be provided, but Noah and Fallon are clearly in that camp: My side, right or wrong, a cult that will cover for ANYTHING their leaders do, however bad.

Gender: the basic problem is that Feminists hate women, they do not see and understand female power, and believe the only path is to make women behave as men, under men’s standards: power, aggression, force, confrontation, autonomy. They reject wholly and even attack the things that give women their REAL power: love, cooperation, understanding, support. So they make women to hate, not love, idolize power, not beauty, focus on their individual selves, not family and community, and thereby destroy everything that fulfill women and make them important and strong. That’s not me saying it: women are measurably more unhappy Every. Single. Year. Since Feminism started. Women are now openly rejecting love of corporation and money in favor of having children and family that they are now 35 and may lose altogether, retiring to old age empty and alone. We already have men to do force and individualization, and that needs to be mitigated so not to be even MEN’S worst traits. We most certainly do not need women to behave just as badly, leaving no one to support love, beauty, family, and community. …Exactly as planned, and exactly the evil we find ourselves in now.

Yes, the world needs more women, as the Feminists say. However, their answer is to have to women in drag, and behave as men, giving villainous men more power under men’s rules, solving nothing, and not even women left to be women.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Still, more than anything, let’s talk about it. There have always been people unhappy in their bodies because of gender, Chelsea Manning is a prime example for me. I would never want to not support her. And if she deserves that support, other of course do too.

I have zero problem with that. Never have had.
    My problem is the politicalization of and the corruption of facts regarding gender issues.
    Live and let live; do not demand that I agree with your (all inclusive) view or opinion!

zerosum
    Participant

Look up the synonyms the enabler
    Then look up the synonyms for notary and lawyer

We live in a world where there are rules and regulation that make it possible for society to function.
    All of us here have had to use lawyers, notaries and accountants

• Horse-Trading Is Not An Impeachable Offense (HE)
    There are 102 synonym …. •exchange (verb)
    shuttle, bandy, contact with, displace, deal in, transpose, cash in, shuffle, go over to, change hands, hook up, return the compliment, revise, castle, transact, reciprocate, commute, interchange, replace, correspond, substitute, market, switch, turn the tables, convert into, flip-flop, truck, alternate, network, invert, reverse, swap horses, give and take, rearrange, shift, pay back, seesaw, pass to, transfer, change, link up.

• In Defense of Tulsi Gabbard (Sjursen)

Gabbard should seriously consider suing for libel. Clinton has veritably, and without a shred of evidence, accused her of treason, a crime that, due to Gabbard’s continued military service, is punishable by death. This is no small matter.

The hidden “Deep State”
    The “power behind the throne”
    You are all aware that the majority of politicians are lawyers, and have legal training and accounting background.
    Why are lawyers and accountants not identified as the power behind the throne?
    Did you forget who said, “There is no proof of wrong doing”
    Biden went to Syracuse University College of Law. He knows how to hire the right law and accounting experts so that he does not do “any wrong doing”.

Dr. D
    Participant

Biden was also last in his law class.

He said that was fake news, fixed by Snopes, but the other worst guy died and left him the honor.

Fail to the top, like them all.

Dr. D
    Participant

Times where I agree with Nancy Pelosi:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-02/nancy-pelosi-is-worried-2020-candidates-are-on-wrong-track

““What works in San Francisco does not necessarily work in Michigan,” Pelosi said at a roundtable of Bloomberg News reporters and editors on Friday. “What works in Michigan works in San Francisco — talking about workers’ rights and sharing prosperity.”

“Remember November,” she said. “You must win the Electoral College.”

“Democrats are not going to win by repeating Republican talking points,” the Massachusetts senator said in Des Moines, Iowa. “So, if Biden doesn’t like that, I’m just not sure where he’s going.”

“There’s very strong opposition on the labor side to the Green New Deal because it’s like 10 years, no more fossil fuel. Really?” she said.

And a lot more. They’re now so far Left that Nancy Pelosi sounds like Ronald Reagan.

Biden is now fourth in the most recent polls. I’ve said it before, the whole impeachment thing was largely based on Trump wanting dirt on his “major rival”. Biden was never that, Trump always knew, and that whole thing falls flat on its face for everyone except CNN, Maddow, NYT and WashPo audience. But you have to remember, these are all people who are never exposed to any other opinions or facts. That’s what keeps Biden and Schiff alive: a lack of information.

What a curious time we live in. More information than ever, and a vast majority of people that is very poorly informed.

Nancy finds herself stuck in her impeachment call. She’s smart enough to see how bad a call that was. And she’s old enough that she should never have been in her present role. But you know, power calls. She should be handing over the baton to a younger crowd, but she has no idea what they are thinking, and those are her own words.

Thing is, by her and her ilk not being grandmas and grandpas as they should, they force the young ‘uns into more radical positions just to have any voice at all. And by insisting to stay, she creates the space for self-imploding devices like Adam Schiff to move themselves forward into the limelight they so desperately crave. Spend more time with the family, Nancy, you’re making it too easy for Trump.

anticlimactic
    Participant

TRANS

I am finding this whole area increasingly disturbing.

The LGBT community is a minority. Within that transvestites are a minority. Within that transgender is a minority. The only estimate I have seen for transgender is 0.02% of the population. So 99.98% of the population is not but are being asked/forced to make sacrifices to accommodate this minority.

Being transgender involves genital mutilation and drugs for life. It is not trivial.

It seems the idea of having a ‘trans’ kid is becoming trendy, but kids are pliable or willing to please so they may be persuaded to go along without really knowing what the implications are. The law should be protecting these kids but instead seems to be paving the way.

Transgender males are making a mockery of female sport – they are still genetically male with male advantages and set records no female could ever beat.

Then there are the perverts. Males who identify as female so they can use female toilets, be put in female prisons [even though they still have a penis], and so on.

While not often mentioned it seems that one in three transgenders regret the change. In the future there could be many more people whose lives are harmed by being mistakenly persuaded to make the change.

V. Arnold
    Participant

I am finding this whole area increasingly disturbing.

The LGBT community is a minority. Within that transvestites are a minority. Within that transgender is a minority. The only estimate I have seen for transgender is 0.02% of the population. So 99.98% of the population is not but are being asked/forced to make sacrifices to accommodate this minority.

Being transgender involves genital mutilation and drugs for life. It is not trivial.

Well said and point on…

V. Arnold
    Participant

There is a fascinating documentary on RT called, I Want My Sex Back.
    The story of three people who underwent sex change operations and now regret the decision;
    https://www.rt.com/shows/documentary/437869-sex-change-operations-regret/
    I found it to be very informative; not ever having seen or heard a discussion like this before.

VietnamVet
    Participant

“Praise God for the Deep State”.

This shows how deep the delusion is in the swamp. The Intelligence Community serves the Empire. Its eunuchs climb upwards through the corporate-state revolving door. However, Donald Trump is a bonafide oligarch who innately steals oil which will only accelerate the Five-Eye’s end. With Russian and Iranian aid, the Syrian Arab Army will retake their foreign occupied eastern territory. All the East Coast carriers are in Norfolk getting repaired. Thousands of American troops are back in Saudi Arabia, the reason for 9/11 in the first place. The only weapons left for the USA are nuclear. Hezbollah and Iran have achieved nonnuclear mutually assured destruction with Israel and Saudi Arabia. The September attack on Saudi oil production that cut it by 50% can be repeated at any time. The only way out is peace. But that would break the swamp’s rice bowls.

The human tragedy of living on one earth is that anyone who supports détente is labeled a traitor by the psychopath warmongers who risk annihilation to get richer.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.