Things October 31 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Things October 31 2019

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Paul Gauguin Van Gogh painting sunflowers 1888   • Trump-Ukraine Whistleblower Revealed (GP) • Adam Schiff Coached Vindman Throughout Impeachment
    [See the full post at: Things October 31 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

And so I decided I can perhaps do this, but I did give myself a deadline: it can not cost more than two hours in the morning. Which means some of these Things will be short, and some days there may not be one.

This is your baby; the beauty of that, is that, you can do as you please.
    I’m reminded that the best writers write for themselves and not to please others…
    😉

oxymoron
    Participant

Hey Raúl, I just became a Patreon (as Thumbnail). I just couldn’t bear the reality of no more debt rattle. I have been selfish for nearly 10 years – not offering any financial support while you have worked away tirelessly to help keep us informed. It is you and Nicole who along with David Holmgren that have put me in this quite strong position – off-grid with water and financial security – over 100 fruit and nut trees and a owner built passive straw house. I had the shit scared out of me by being educated on the energetic, financial and environmental realities of the world by the wiser and diligent among us and I thank you. I thank you very, very much. I would also like to thank the community of commenters here on this site, offering additional and often very insightful information to the rest of us (I’m talking to you Dr D) – we all rally around your work and your generous offering.
    The media landscape is just so incredibly corrupt and deceitful these days and I think if you stopped writing I would just turn away from the internet and just work my garden. But then I would not know what was coming …….

Dr. D
    Participant

Can open a page each day where commenters can tag the articles and links. That might be better protected on a different site (IRC?), but the world already knows to come here.

Speaking of: https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/second-consecutive-quarter-what-americans-spent-most-money
    The economy is so good, all positive GDP is coming from buying new RVs! Problem: RV industry says sales have never been more dismal, they are shutting down. So…here’s where the BLS is fabricating line-items, because everything said by adults in the U.S. is a lie. …Thus to say, bad economy: donations are down.

“Adam Schiff Coached Vindman Throughout Impeachment Testimony – Nunes (ZH)”

This was incredible: new resolution (not investigation) allows the Republicans all normal rights of questioning, cross-examinations, etc only and entirely at the permission of the DNC. That is to say: no rights at all. This was seen here where Nunes asked Vindman basic questions: what did you know? what happened next? who did you talk to? and Schiff said, “Answer this, don’t answer that” to him through the whole interview. …Because Vindman would have to say he told Schiff and coordinated testimony with him, etc. That’s what Nunes means by “I have never in my life seen anything like what happened today.”

“Tulsi Gabbard Unleashes On Erdogan: “Radical Islamist Megalomaniac” (ZH)

A lot of this is right, but I wouldn’t call him “Radical”, maybe “Forceful”, and yes, he wants to reclaim the Ottoman empire under Islam, by taking Greece up to Serbia, as well as the middle east through Israel. Despite what I said yesterday, Tulsi is also not a Republican: she is a moderate Democrat. The twist with that of course is that Trump has Bill Clinton’s 1992 platform, only to the LEFT of it, as Trump is a “Citiot” from the nation’s second most liberal city who went to the Clinton’s wedding. Um, left? Liberal? Progressive? Manhattan isn’t Alabama or Utah, folks. Don’t believe me? Write down their platforms line-by-line and compare. Now compare to his depiction in the media as Hitler, and tell me where we are. But that’s not far off, as that’s exactly what the left is saying of Biden and Obama now.

But as a sensible American moderate, even on the left side, Tulsi only looks like Eisenhower because the Twitter, the media, and the what small part of the DNC that is allowed to speak without being beaten and expelled for it are now to the left of Mao. …Again, I’m not kidding: Mao at least believed in the existence of governments and borders, while the present SJWs do not.

P.S., while we’re on that, Omar wins more points from Storm Front for refusing to recognize the Armenian Genocide. …By the “Young Turks”, a bit off-color point for Mr. Cenk. Maybe he should rebrand?

“We May Not Have A 2020 Election – Kunstler (USAW)”

The government cannot indict the Press, for better or worse, that’s the job of the people. And that may be happening, as Obama comes out – again – against the circular firing squad ruining the party, this time against the gross intolerance of cancel culture. So he waits for Dave Chappelle to make it okay before joining with us Right Libertarians in actually having a Bill of Rights (of Man) and a 1st Amendment. But it shows it may be the high-water mark, and if so, the people may shove out this bad press, as we’ve already seen with HuffPo, Vice, CNN, etc. collapsing, being sold, and bankrupt. In that case, this Social Democratic Authoritarianism, known by some of its flavors such as Nazism, may be behind us, and the country tipping back towards skepticism and rules of law and process. Thank God. And only a couple journalists have been arrested so far, very few citizens shot; about the best outcome one could hope when starting from such a bad location.

I’m not kidding when I say I can feel the wind on my face of these Jacobins, doing what Harris, Beto, Alinsky, and all planned for everyone who disagrees with them and their religion – like Manning, Dan Hale, etc. But we’re not quite out yet. And since we didn’t take our punishment but called a reprieve, we’re in no way cured or honest yet either. Take Israel or Nineveh for example, called out for redemption and got it, only to collapse maybe 20 years later. …Because no alarm, no danger, no chastisement, no reform. What can I say? Human nature. And so probably for us, probably piling our lack of morality, lack of real reform on with upcoming food and oil restraints. Still, always happy to avoid the Jacobins, people so proud of mass-murder they proudly publish a magazine promoting their historic values of intolerance and murder.

“Russia-India Counter-Terrorism Group Vows ‘Credible Action’ (RT)”

Guessing this is to hunt down the guys – Anglos, Deep State — who would keep Indian civil unrest on tap to extort Modi’s compliance, and also try to promote the nuclear war between India and Pakistan. You know, the one that would provide cover for the compounding central bank debt wall problem. Just guessing.

“Famed Pathologist Michael Baden Says Jeffrey Epstein’s Death Was Homicide”

Ridiculous to think otherwise. You don’t break your neck in three places by leaning against a sheet of paper. So…anybody going to do anything, Mr. law and order President?

The elephant thing is about habitat. The elephants are an afterthought. Luckily, there is no special reason we can’t share the viable habitat, even in a space age. Go see “Black Panther”.

Wow, Oxy, you are wonderfully set up. Goes to show what happens if you have a direction and lean against it day after day. Although being hard work, safer retirement than having a 401k in Wells Fargo and owning an $80,000 RV on credit.

We are changing, and with media being no good at all, it is indeed pointless to quote them. Sort of a tethering problem, letting them control the Overton window instead of us, when far from fact-checking, they don’t even call sources anymore and ask for statements.

However, without facts, information, what do we discuss? Our own pre-made biases? Then what? Transmit our biases to the next generation, just cause, free of the supporting evidence that substantiates it?

Dr.D:

Can open a page each day where commenters can tag the articles and links.

That would seem a bit bland, but as I said, Things can be short, Two hours fly by.

Thus to say, bad economy: donations are down.

Donations are not down, ad revenue is. It appears widespread. Google and Facebook just keep the loot for themselves these days. Zero Hedge has greatly increased their ads. But they have people who do only that, and they have many people who must be paid, including that ad people. At TAE, there’s only me at the moment. That must be possible.

Also, you need to wonder if you want to plaster your site with all these things. It’s where ad blockers came from. The best/worst example is still the Independent, which has become partly unreadable because of ads spreading over articles.

oxymoron, that is great. It’s humbling to see someone say you have played a small part in their decision to turn their lives around, and then to see that succeed to such an extent.

Also, Dr. D,

I think people need to get used to the changing situation with sites like this, that they will disappear without active support. It didn’t used to be like that. You can force them to do that by disappearing behind a paywall, or you can remind them every now and then that the landscape has drastically changed. It’s a process that has taken place over multiple years, and maybe I should have rung the alarm earlier. From January first this year, for instance, revenue was halved once again. Without any chances in readership.

Ha! Watching the impeachment hearing, and who’s there? Jerry Nadler! Haven’t seen him in ages. Where did he go?

“The resolution lays the groundwork for an open hearing”:, says Jerry. You could have done that 37 days ago, Jerry. And you should have. The groundwork was always there, it’s absurd to suggest this resolution was needed to make that possible.

Oh no, some wanker mentions Putin as a reason to support the resolution. Sad people.

If i get the Dems’ ‘logic’ right, and I’m still not sure I do, then based on their House majority and the fact that only Congress can declare the US to be in a war, Nancy Pelosi tomorrow morning could announce ‘we’re at war with Russia’.

zerosum
    Participant

” … it can not cost more than two hours in the morning.”
    We, those who are here comenting can help you with our input. (including me.) There are good journalist out there that we can re-post their findings in the comment sections. ZeroHedge accepts input from many bloggers. There are other places that accept inputs from other sources .
    (eg. http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/ )
    ——

• Trump-Ukraine Whistleblower Revealed (GP)
    There are good comments in the original article.

FLASHBACK: Mike Cernovich Was First to Report on Dangerous DNC Operative Eric Ciaramella in 2017 – A Biden, Obama, Brennan Spy in the Trump White House

——-
    “When are the airlines going to sue Boeing?”

They should. BUT, where will the money come from? RIGHT. Not from the elites.
    ——

I would like to bring you attention to this article and the comments
    http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=237228#discuss
    Fed Has Shovel, Digs Bigger Hole

Ha, Karl Denninger, haven’t seem him in ages. And then reading through Karl’s post, i’m thinking, you really think this stuff must still be explained to people today? But yeah, maybe it must , and maybe I should get back into doing just that as well. It does feel silly though. You still didn’t get that?

You and your wife own a small, 2 bedroom “starter” house. You decide to have a family. You need a bigger house. Your house has gone up in value by 50% over the last 10 years. Good, right? Wrong! The new, larger house has gone up by the same percentage; in dollars it’s gone up by much more!

50% of $100,000 is $50,000. But 50% of $200,000 is $100,000! Not only that but the property taxes have gone up by that same 50% and they’re due every year forevermore into the future and, what’s worse, the interest is due on the loan too.

So you say “well but I sell the $150,000 house and made $50k!” Ah, Grasshopper, but the $200,000 house is now $300,000, and you only have $150k! You got ****ed out of another $50,000; if there had been no price change your net requirement was another $100,000. It’s now another $150,000 instead!

zerosum
    Participant

IMPEACHMENT: Will John Solomon testify?
    There are a lot of links supporting this narrative.
    MORE BIDEN

Debunking some of the Ukraine scandal myths about Biden and election interference

Debunking some of the Ukraine scandal myths about Biden and election interference
    John Solomon Reports October 31, 2019

Facts do matter. And they prove to be stubborn evidence, even in the midst of a political firestorm. So here are the facts (complete with links to the original materials) debunking some of the bigger fables in the Ukraine scandal.

The second episode occurred on U.S. soil back in August 2016 when Ukraine’s then-ambassador to Washington, Valeriy Chaly, took the extraordinary step of writing an OpEd in The Hill criticizing GOP nominee Donald Trump and his views on Russia just three months before Election Day. You can read that OpEd here.
    And it clearly adds to the public perception that Ukraine’s government at the time preferred Hillary Clinton over Trump in the 2016 election.
    In another words, the Burisma investigations were active at the time Vice President Biden forced Shokin’s firing, and any suggestion to the contrary is pure misinformation.

Hunter Biden’s and Archer’s firm received monthly consulting payments totaling $166,666, or three times the amount cited by the media. In some months, there was even more money than that paid. You can review those bank records here.
    The monthly payments figures are confirmed by the accounting ledger that Burisma turned over to Ukrainian prosecutors. That ledger, which you can read here, also shows that in spring and summer of 2014 Burisma paid more than $283,000 to the American law firm of Boies Schiller, where Hunter Biden also worked as an attorney.

Myth: President Trump was trying to force Ukraine to reopen a probe into Burisma Holdings and its founder Mykola Zlochevsky when he talked to Ukraine’s new president, Volodymyr Zelensky, in July of this year.
    The Facts: Trump could not have forced the Ukrainians into opening a new Burisma investigation in July because the Ukrainian Prosecutor General’s office had already done so on March 28, 2019, or three months before the call.
    The prosecutors filed this notice of suspicion in Ukraine announcing the re-opening of the investigation. The revival of the case was even widely reported in the Ukrainian press, something U.S. intelligence and diplomats who are now testifying to Congress behind closed doors should have known. Here’s an example of one such Ukrainian media report at the time.
    So the activities and allegation now at the heart of impeachment actually pre-date Giuliani starting work on Ukraine. You can read the prosecutors’ account of their 2018 effort to get this information to Americans here.
    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/437719-ukrainian-to-us-prosecutors-why-dont-you-want-our-evidence-on-democrats

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Boeing CEO pleads cluelessness at yesterday’s hearing.
    Yeah, right.

Boeing’s CEO was at a loss for words when he was interrogated by Congress over the company’s attempts to move lawsuits filed by the families of those killed in one of the 737 Max crashes to Indonesia…

Peter DeFazio, the chair of the committee, later hammered Muilenburg, questioning how, as CEO of the company, he could not be aware of the company’s legal strategy in dealing with the two 737 Max crashes, which killed 346 people.

DeFazio: This took me 30 seconds with a Google search. June 13th, Business Insider: “The company is arguing for the cases to be moved from the US to Indonesia.” And you would have us believe that you are not aware? Your legal team, they’re so far distant from you? You don’t talk to them? This hasn’t been discussed on the board?

…You’re looking at hundreds of millions, billions of dollars of claims — you’re trying to move to a country, and this expert says [quoting Business Insider’s story again]: “Having a trial in a another country, with a different legal culture, less scope for close scrutiny of Boeing, would render the cases ‘worthless.'”

And you don’t know that that’s happening, that you’re making that pleading?

Muilenburg: Congressman, I’m aware of those articles … but … as I stated earlier …

DeFazio [interrupting]: Would you please respond to the committee, after you consult with your lawyers, have they filed to move these cases to Indonesia, in any court in the United States, or do they intend to?

Muilenburg: Mr Chairman, we’ll follow up with that information.

Brian Kabateck, a lawyer representing multiple families of those killed in the first crash, told Business Insider that the cases should stay in the US as: “These aircrafts were designed in the US, conceived in the US, built in the US, sold in the US.”

“I think everything critical that went wrong on that aircraft happened as a result of something that happened in the United States,” he said.

https://www.businessinsider.com/boeing-ceo-congress-grilled-moving-737-max-cases-indonesia-2019-10

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“Saw this map of remaining elephant populations and noticed most of them are where recently researchers said the origin of mankind is.”

Something deeply poetic about that map and your observation.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.