Vindman, the Expert

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Vindman, the Expert

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Rembrandt van Rijn Let the little children come to me 1627-28   Let’s see what shape I can give this. I was reading a piece by Byron York that ha
    [See the full post at: Vindman, the Expert]

I must admit I had hoped for more reaction to this. I realize it’s not in the bite-size Debt Rattle format, and it’s perhaps a bit of a read, but I chose to present this the way I did because I thought it was the best way to show you what goes on on Capitol Hill. Entirely away from either Byron York’s opinions, or mine for that matter, I believe the transcript quotes themselves offer a useful window into how this alleged ‘inquiry’ is conducted. And I can’t see anything pretty in it. But that’s just me.

As I’ve often said before, if Trump is guilty of impeachable offences, go for it. But this feels only as a fishing party, not even a search party. It feels like: we must find something anything. The Framers foresaw that -but didn’t want to leave out impeachment altogether-.

They knew -duh!- that any party with a majority could try and cancel their election loss(es). That’s why the 2/3 Senate supermajority to ratify impeachment was entered into law. Which leaves the question: why are Dems doing what they do? Well, there’s an election less then a year from now. Looks like they’re trying to carry this inquiry into that timeframe. That’s why I doubt – as I said- Turley’s idea that Pelosi wants this over by Christmas. But I’ve been wrong before like everyone else.

I just wanted to say I had hoped for more than zero comments. Because I think this is a very important issue. And it appears to be lacking honesty and openness.

Dr. D
    Participant

Excellent rundown of so many things, and yet not exhaustive. I bet a careful lawyer could tease out 100 more objections.

So they question him to talk about whatever he wants to talk about, but not anything he doesn’t want to say? Hope this guy never runs a murder investigation. “Yeah I was home that night, mostly.” “Mostly. Not really sure, can’t say where I went, who I talked to, what I did or how long. But mostly.”

But remember the last time with Mueller I pointed out that they interviewed everyone but the guy tugging on his sleeve saying he was looking in the windows at the murder scene, and the guy who claimed he talked to a witness. …But other than public informants and eyewitnesses, Mueller was thorough. Thoroughly biased.

zerosum
    Participant

” …. incurious about the corruption issues in Ukraine that touched on Joe and Hunter Biden.”
    “…. I don’t want to hear the FOX News questions, okay?”
    DIVERSION/HIDDEN AGENDA
    OBJECTIVE
    Take their land, assets, and resources resulting in starving them to death and/or using other ways to indirectly kill them
    HOW,
    “…. to provide Javelins or other lethal aid to Ukraine,….”
    To me, that is the ultimate, worst kind of political interference that the USA is doing. HIDDEN WAR

The MODERN and next worst kind of interference, is to setup a legal process that makes it legal to steal, scam, and divert, resources that were meant to be used for the poorest of the poor.

We have all seen this movie BEING DONE IN MANY OTHER COUNTRIES.

Dr. D
    Participant

30 seconds later, already on ZeroHedge.

Dr. D
    Participant

…with comment, “Vindman needs to be court martialed for insubordination and sedition”. I had not thought of that. Maybe not on the civilian side, but Vindman is a Colonel, and wants to wear that hat in all his photos. Do we really want Marines taking Hill #743 saying, “You know, I really disagree with the policy here. In fact, killing people may even be against military law!”

Um, no. Maybe not. So am I crazy to think Colonels should be TAKING orders and obeying them from the CIVILIAN government, as elected by the people?

If not, then what?

zerosum
    Participant

If not, then what?

We all know the answer.
    https://www.moonofalabama.org/
    Lessons To Learn From The Coup In Bolivia
    But Morales failed to do build the defenses that are necessary to make such changes permanent. The leadership of the military and police stood against him. Why were these men in such positions?

30 seconds later, already on ZeroHedge.

Yeah, but the first to link to the essay, within two minutes or so, not the 3 hours Tyler took ;-), was David Stockman. And Dave also sent me a PDF by private mail of a long article he wrote on Vindman and the Deep State very recently. Problem is, I can’t link to that, because he’s behind a paywall (I also have no URL).

I really don’t like that guys. And I don’t want to be the next. So put the Automatic Earth on your Christmas charity list, so we can remain open for everybody. People’s news options have again declined a lot in the past year, and it’ll just get worse again in 2020.

I don’t know that all of you realize this, but I think it’s a very serious and worrying trend. People tell me: put 2 articles a month or so behind a paywall on Patreon, But I have seen so much disappear that way already recently, and I think people should have access to information, even if it will take them some time to realize that -fast increasing amounts of- ads and paywalls are not the only ways to go about this.

Donations are. Top left and right sidebars here on this site. Paypal and Patreon.

God, I don’t like advertizing, promoting or selling myself. But anything’s better than a paywall.

V. Arnold
    Participant

I’m very happy you’re so adamently against paywalls.
    I quit Orlov when he went behind a paywall. Kunstler has 3400 patreon subscribers and has never gone behind a paywall.
    It would be a very bad idea for even a couple of articles IMO, Ilargi.
    Thanks for your hard work and diligence…

boilingfrog
    Participant

To my way of thinking, wonderfully succinct Vindman piece. Four main points, well supported.

There are few places where one can question this ongoing process, or similar processes or events, and not be immediately crammed into one side of the “argument” or the other.

Living here in central Appalachia, your posts are a lifeline to sanity. Like you, I’m not a Trump fan, nor am I a “never Trumper” (or whatever it’s called nowadays). It makes me “insane” to see the frothing at the mouth with regard to the President and his behavior, and then pick up the local paper and read how the administration at Radford University “stole” all the student newspapers from the racks when a photo angered them. Really?!?! Anybody familiar with the term “irony”?

Your work helps keep my basic critical thinking sharp – thank you.

WES
    Participant

President Trump recently said he had caught the swamp. Also he keeps saying his call to the President of the Ukariane was “perfect”. Why would he keep saying that over and over again?

Then he releases the second phone call transcripts.

Now he is going to release the first phone call transcripts by end of this week.

Nancy has been rather quiet lately.

Do you think President Trump might have set up a sting?

Maybe Vindman, a useful idiot, is feeling that he has been setup and used by someone smarter than himself?

Is Nancy leaving Schiff holding the bag?

laudyms
    Participant

You make some interesting points…the chief of which is that the Prez can turn our foreign policy 180 degrees if he wants to, and it’s all legal. Maybe so. But when that new policy seems to make the US a Russian vassal state, the American people certainly have the right to know all about it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.