Who is ready to listen?

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Open Comments Who is ready to listen?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jal
    Participant

Did you hear the one about the American who was visiting Greece?

“I wish these foreigners would speak english”

There must be a lot of people who are ready to listen.

Isn’t about time to spread the TAE messages in Greek … Spanish etc.

Isn’t about time to listen to what they are saying?

skipbreakfast
    Participant

Last I heard, TAE was about to tour Europe. And I believe they sometimes arrange for translators in some non-English locales. But as you suggest, I’m also very interested in what the Greek and Spanish people are saying. We read so much about the crisis there, and so little from the mouths of actual Greek citizens. I am left to simply imagine what is going on in the homes, in the streets and in the minds of the Greek people.

Once in a while someone like Mish Shedlock publishes a letter from a Greek reader (in English). Though you’d think in this era of Internet globalization, it would be easier to get words right from the Greek people. Isn’t someone documenting the goings on in journal fashion on YouTube or something? I haven’t found any sources like that yet. Just this very very funny one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfQoms2DpDk&feature=related

I’d love to hear if anyone is following anything from Greece I can tune into in English. Videos like this poor quality clip, below, from a real Greek person on the ground is, in many ways, more informative to me than any slickly polished ABC Nightly News coverage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0zrIhIebpg

There is an eerie calm about it when 100 ordinary citizens line up at at an ATM in the middle of the night. And I can’t help feeling like such images give us a window on the events yet to unfold in our own countries too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.