Debt Rattle April 1 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 1 2022

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    VietnamVet
    Participant

Since I am in the last generation of Americans to be drafted, I couldn’t help but notice that the Kremlin promised their current conscripts that they aren’t going to serve on the front lines in Ukraine. That sure defeats the purpose of a conscript army or it is a lie.

There are excellent arguments that since 2014 when sanctions were first imposed on Russia that it has been at war with the Western Empire.

I served in the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment (“Brave Rifles”) after Vietnam. We were reinforcements to be flown to Germany to be thrown in the carnage if Russia charged through the Fulda Gap. It is simply impossible for me to overlook the fact that Russia aggressively invaded another country 51 years later. The poking and prodding snapped the Russian Bear. If the Kremlin just had waited and was prepared for the purported Ukraine invasion of Donbass, the Russian Army would not have any problems with conscripts going to the front lines to defend the motherland against the Nazi aggressors.

The Russian Army has been privatized just like the U.S. Army. People’s Armies are no more except perhaps in China. They instead are composed of mercenaries fighting for pay. Unless a peace treaty is signed shortly, for Ukraine is to remain a viable nation, the western “pay to play” logistics system must manufacture, ship, and then transport military supplies through Russian counterattacks to the Ukrainian front lines. This will determine if the world war continues, fades away, or escalates to a nuclear holocaust.

Veracious Poet
    Participant
Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.