Debt Rattle April 12 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 12 2021

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Germ
    Participant

I would by a used Trabant from this guy!

Gov. Walz (Minnesota) has declared a 7 pm curfew for Hennepin, Anoka, and Ramsey counties here after the “accidental” shooting of Daunte Wright. The female officer says she meant to tase him and drew her pistol instead.
    If Floyd cost 27 mil, what will this ghastly action cost?

We’re all steppin’ into the Twilight Zone.

“Let me make it clear we are talking about the Pfizer Biotech Vaccine- there have been no deaths that have occurred directly as a result of the vaccine alone.”
    Dr. Mace Rothenberg
    Former pfizer chief medical officer, 2019-2021
    cspan Washington journal 12 ap 2021

nice to know. /SARC!!!!!! sarc sarc sarc sarc sarc!

WES
    Participant

Germ:

Thanks for your reply. I will try again this time paying inrupees.
    I had thought India only wanted payment in USD!
    My bad!

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ Polder Dweller

“At that point, Big Pharma and the government have you by the short and curlies.”

Only if you insist on not getting sunlight, erxercise, vitamin D, good food, thoughtful hydration…

Doc Robinson
    Participant

@ upstateNYer

I believe that Craig Murray is mistaken and misinformed about the Covid vaccines, and that he’s wrong about his “immoral” proclamation. I think the underlying assumptions of his position, about the benefits of vaccinating everyone outweighing the risks, are based on shaky to nonexistent evidence. I’m not defending him or his views, but I still respect him highly for his principled actions in other realms.

In the quotation I posted above, he references an earlier article where he laid out his position on the Covid vaccines, so I will quote it here for better context.

I shall myself take the vaccine when offered and urge everybody else to do so, despite myself tending to the view that the risk of death from covid-19, other than to clearly defined vulnerable groups, is extremely small. The risk to those vulnerable groups is acute, so for their sake I hope everybody vaccinates.

I might expand into my general view of vaccines. Being of an age where I can recall people only slightly older than myself living lives in forms twisted by polio, I have always regarded “anti-vaxxers” as deeply misguided. Any vaccine of course carries an inherent risk, as does any instance of putting anything at all in the human body. But for all established vaccines, those risks are very small. In fact, I view those who do not take vaccinations as extremely selfish, because while refusing the vaccination because of a very small risk to themselves, they still benefit from the herd immunity created by everybody else who has taken that tiny risk. I therefore view anti-vaccination as an immoral position; with the caveat that not everything that in my view, or even the state’s view, is immoral should be illegal. We come back again to the right to be different, to the fact that neither the state nor I are infallible judges of personal morality, and that the arm of the state is already too far extended.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Link to the Craig Murray article I quoted above:

Piers Corbyn and Free Speech

V. Arnold
    Participant

The female officer says she meant to tase him and drew her pistol instead.

I call bullshit on that.
    As a life long gun owner and shooter I can say that a taser and a Glock (likely weapon) feel totally different. Further, with the constant carry (every day on the job) one “knows” their pistol’s feel.
    This defense was used by a San Franisco transit cop years ago; the courts bought it, as I recall…

Bill7
    Participant

Rabbit in some serious surf on a 9’6″ (!) Brewer: https://www.instagram.com/p/By_28mAHwpd/

V. Arnold- it feels like some sort of theater around here. Tensions here are high, however- especially for cops. I have no real details. The local news covered a story about the grief of the family of Philando Castile. Bullshit abounds, always always pumping the bellows.
    Is anything real? The words were spoken, so now they exist. I mean, can the city accept such an expensive excuse, which will- it seems to me- admit responsibility? Is she so green? Could training be that bad? This Wright kid is [was, sadly] much more …sympathetic?..than Floyd.
    Was the Chauvin trial going “bad”? Is this politics or justice?
    Theater.
    Theater?

On a high note, the temperature is 41 and it has been drizzling all day.

madamski cafone
    Participant
    zerosum
    Participant

I feel like I am being distracted from what is happening.
    Just like a magician and his sexy helper distracts us from the real action.
    Surely, some more of you feel the same way.
    Riots …. murder trials …. trumped up border crisis …. money spewing out of the press ….covid ….emergencies

zerosum
    Participant

madamski

To bring the system down does not require a cyber-pandemic.
    Israel just did it to Iran.

V. Arnold
    Participant

my parents said know

I mean, can the city accept such an expensive excuse, which will- it seems to me- admit responsibility? Is she so green? Could training be that bad?

“They” claim she’s a seasoned officer…and yes, the training is worse than bad…incompatent at the least.
    Policing in the US is fast going from serving the people, to paid mercenaries…
    When individual policemen are almost always held blameless for murdering citizens; especially those of color; why would they hesitate to pull the trigger; sometimes 18 times.
    The streets have become shooting galleries and people of color are animate targets of choice…
    Racism is so deeply embedded in the US, shootings by the police has become endemic…
    Be afraid, your life depends on it…being white may help some…

Archie
    Participant

@ madamski

The idea of a “stakeholder economy” was given birth in shrub’s first term. They sold it well and so did Jim Cramer.

Germ
    Participant

@V Arnold – the exact same excuse was given by an officer on BART in Oakland a few years ago when he ‘accidentally’ shot a commuter.

https://www.kqed.org/news/138809/bart-cop-johannes-mehserle-testifying-in-oscar-grant-shooting-lawsuit

V. Arnold
    Participant

@Germ
    @V Arnold – the exact same excuse was given by an officer on BART in Oakland a few years ago when he ‘accidentally’ shot a commuter.

Yes, I referenced that in my comment above, but couldn’t remember if the officer was convicted…he was, but of involuntary manslaught, not murder.
    Thanks for the link…

Mister Roboto
    Participant

@zerosum: Welcome to the late stage of the Age of the Barbarism of Reflection.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.