Debt Rattle April 15 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 15 2023

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    D Benton Smith
    Participant

The working classes have been tolerant to a fault, one might say. They put up with it when the bastards came after their jobs, their votes and even their health, but when they came for the beer that was just one damned bridge too far. Those WEF Woke Commie Perverts better look out now!

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Need To Know…

As in Airman Teixeira didn’t have the Need To Know. Ask any ICman.
    By the current illogic, Ritter, macgregor, Gabbard et al must also abide by the following excerpt from the affidavit against Teixeira:

“…
    “… would have signed a lifetime binding non-disclosure agreement in which he would have had to acknowledge that the unauthorized disclosure of protected information could result in criminal charges.”

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Overheard on the intertubes today and emblematic of The Times.

“For God’s sake, I’m the COO”

“Respectful Leadership

Full of contempt, she refused to talk to the engineersThe project was over-budget and way behind schedule exactly because she avoided developing a close relationship with the team she was relying on.

LAWRENCE KRUBNER

MAR 24, 2023

In 2016, to help them streamline internal processes on the tech side, I started consulting with Open Verse (a company with 150 employees which sold both paper books and ebooks) and had this conversation with Robin, the COO:

Robin: How long would it take to create a new report telling us which books have given us the greatest revenue per dollar of marketing?

Me: I’m not sure. I’m still learning about your internal CMS. But so far you’ve relied on MegaStars to build this system? Have you spoken to them?

Robin: I sent an email to Amelia, who is our account manager with them.

Me: Did she respond?

Robin: I think she tried to upsell me on something expensive.

Me: She’s part of their sales team?

Robin: No, I think she’s part of customer success, but you know, all of them are trained to get more money out of us.

Me: Did the prices seem reasonable?

Robin: It’s always more expensive than it should be. We fired the last firm for just that reason. Galactic Technology? Yes, that was their name. They charged us too much so I fired them. Then we found MegaStars. They were reasonable at first, but nowadays they are trying to charge us too much. I think I might fire them.

Me: You can’t be certain the next company will be better.

Robin: No, I guess not. Can you follow up with Amelia?

Me: The more people who join the conversation, the slower the conversation will get. Direct communication would speed things up. Maybe you should ask to speak directly to an engineer?

Robin: Oh, dear, no, no, no.

Me: Uh…?

Robin: You’re not serious?

Me: Uh… well… if you’d like a fast answer to your question, the best way to proceed might be to establish a direct line of communication with whoever is going to do the work.

Robin: I’m very busy with my own work. I pay others exactly so they will do their work.

Me: Uh… okay…. but do you need this report as part of the work you are doing?

Robin: Yes, it’s urgent, that’s why I’m asking you.

Me: Okay, but, if you don’t mind me saying so, if you feel this report is urgent for your work, then isn’t creating this report part of your overall work?

Robin: For God’s sake, I’m the COO. Do you understand what that means?

Me: I hope so.

Robin: I’ve got many, many responsibilities.

Me: Of course. I wasn’t doubting that.

Robin: The COO can’t waste time trying to track down some engineer and talk to them about… uh… God knows what.

Me: Okay, so… you’d like me to track this down?

Robin: Why don’t you?

Me: I’ll go and apply maximum pressure to MegaStars.

Robin: Very good. I think that would be best.”

BTW, when Robin invoked God, she meant it.

https://respectfulleadership.substack.com/p/full-of-contempt-she-refused-to-talk

kultsommer
    Participant

Week from now, next Saturday I’ll be at the Munich airport. Few hours overlay is just enough to slip into Airbräu and have taste of liquid piece of art – Bavarian beer

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.