Debt Rattle April 23 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 23 2016

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Alfred Palmer New B-25 bomber at Kansas City plant of North American Aviation 1942 • Albert Edwards: Central Bankers Lead Us On The Road To Perdition
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 23 2016]

rapier
    Participant

I struggle to try and place the extreme Salafi Islam movements like ISIS and Boko Haram and their early progenitor al Queda in some context that applies to AE’s and alt economic ideas in general. They do represent or say they do the complete rejection of modernism which is ultimately economic and materialistic. While their means are certainly anathema to us all their goal sort of looks like what we expect the future to look like in material terms.

Of course we all hate the idea of living in a place ruled by religious extremists. I am starting to wonder if the ISIS of the world and their rejection of today’s world is ultimately a reaction to and/or a result of system breakdown, at the margin.

I’ve awaited the rise of of anarchists in the West but so far they have not appeared. In some sense the Salafi jihadis are anarchists and I am tending to think of them in those terms. Strip away the quasi religious underpinnings of al Qudea or Boko Haram and I see anarchism.

I’m not sure where to go with this train of thought. Just saying.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

@ rapier,

Every religion/conditioned faith based belief system has it’s zealots. Something that is not exactly provable tends to have wide parameters of interpretation, attracting speculation and imagination. And, of course, a bit of goal seeking.

daisychain
    Participant

After this last story pointed out 3 million people have been displaced from around Lake Chad, “because of Boku Haraam,” and keeping in mind a recent story about this lake being 90% dried up, I had a train of thought similar to rapier’s: Massive social unrest and migration from climate change is happening now on the global margins. Whatever their ideology, they behave like criminal gangs. Ideology is needed to maintain loyalty and cohesiveness within the gang.They operate in places where the state is too weak to oppose them. This sounds like collapse to me. Did the Powers That Be think these people were just going to wait around until ‘development’ gave them jobs at Walmart?These same PTB should be ashamed for gleefully joining in the fighting and shipping beaucoup arms to conflict zones. Boku Haraam doesn’t need jobs, they take what they want. These primitive bad actors aren’t much different morally from the more organized and powerful actors. War offers a paycheck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.