Debt Rattle April 29 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 29 2021

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    VietnamVet
    Participant

What is primary yet it is not discussed is the complete failure of government to plan, test and collect data to track the pandemic in real time down to the community and individual. For example, the Israel article shows that there is no need to vaccinate anyone who has caught the disease and recovered. It makes more money for corporations but increases the risks to the vaccinated. But accurate cheap tests are needed to detect those who have recovered and have antibodies and also those who are shedding the virus. They are still unavailable in the West sixteen months into the pandemic although home tests are starting to be sold by drug stores in the USA but are not part of a public health program. Everyone in South Asia, Europe and the Americas is on their own.

The virus needs to transfer to uninfected hosts to reproduce during a one week period when the infected are shedding the virus. Cut this transmission and coronavirus will die out.

It is unfortunate that trillions are proposed be spent on infrastructure and four more years of free education but do not included adding screened windows and HEPA air filters to classrooms. There is absolutely no interest in ending the pandemic by closing borders, nationalizing the public health system and doing everything necessary that already has been proven to be successful in Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand. It would only take two months to end the pandemic. But it is expensive, requires a working government going on a war footing during the emergency.

My next door neighbor has determined that like her this old fogey needs to be vaccinated. This is incredibly stressful when you don’t know what to believe; not unlike, being a war-zone except in the US Army you were never alone.

V. Arnold
    Participant

VV
    My next door neighbor has determined that like her this old fogey needs to be vaccinated. This is incredibly stressful when you don’t know what to believe; not unlike, being a war-zone except in the US Army you were never alone.

To vaccinate or not to vaccinate; tough spot to be in, especially when alone…
    Fear being a constant companion, complicates life’s choices; being old and vulnerable further strains the mind.
    For myself, having read most of Ilargi’s and other posters informed postings, and knowing how corrupt big pharma and its shoddy vaccine policies are, makes the choices pretty clear.for myself…
    More importantly, there are reams of data on how to protect and bolster ones immune system…
    All of this I know you know; keep it all (as much as possible) close at hand in your consciousness…
    I will add that I enjoy your posts and hope you keep on keeping on…
    Cheers…and don’t let the bastards get you… 😉

Doc Robinson
    Participant

VietnamVet: “My next door neighbor has determined that like her this old fogey needs to be vaccinated.”

For those on the fence about vaccination, these tables might be helpful. I think it’s largely a personal decision about the risks a person is willing to take, and not willing to take.

I won’t address here the risks of the vaccination, especially to healthy young people with the most of their lives hopefully ahead of them. Instead, I will provide the infection fatality rates, which of course depend on age. The first table comes from the CDC, and was updated last month:

Scenario 5: Current Best Estimate
    … the best estimate, based on the latest surveillance data and scientific knowledge.

Infection fatality ratio (Estimated number of deaths per 1,000,000 infections)

0–17 years old: 20 [0.002%]
    18–49 years old: 500 [0.05%]
    50–64 years old: 6,000 [0.6%]
    65+ years old: 90,000 [9.0%]

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

The second table is based on international data, and goes into more detail (for example, it divides the 65+ category into four separate categories, and breaks it down for males and females).

https://www.acsh.org/sites/default/files/covid%20infection%20fatality%20rate%20death%20rate%20by%20age%20sex_0.png
    from this website:
    https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/11/18/covid-infection-fatality-rates-sex-and-age-15163

It’s good to keep in mind that the above numbers are averages, and someone in above-average health for their age group should have even less chance of dying from Covid. I’ll just add that I am relatively healthy and have hobbies that involve outings where I probably have a higher chance of dying than I do from a Covid infection, at my age.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

Bitcoin is approaching Tulip mania craze and it will end up the same.

Or not.

You can always grow more tulips, but you can never grow more bitcoin.

There was never a use case for tulip bulbs as a long term hard asset.

There was never a use case for tulip bulbs to compete with negative yielding sovereign debt.

There are a lot of pretender alt coins these days. Because of network effect, only a few will survive in the long run. Once the mania phase passes, many of the pretenders will fall hard. But some will go on to become the Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook of the cryptocurrency space. Pick the winner and 10x or 100x is a reasonable and rationale outcome, even from these prices.

CBDCs are coming, and they might dominate the payments layer, but that’s as far as they can go. They can never become digital gold, and the Central Banks would never try to turn them into digital gold.

Germ
    Participant

The next Carrington Event will wipe out all digital currencies, and a whole lot more.

Imagine every micro chip in the world being fried – and every micro chip factory too.
    Today we would have a 90% himan die off within four weeks.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrington_Event

They have been regular since the dawn of time, and we are long overdue one!

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.