Debt Rattle April 7 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 7 2019

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Leonardo da Vinci (?) La Joconde nue or Monna Vanna 1515   • Furious Tory MPs Will Bid To Oust May If UK Fights Euro Poll (O.) • I Had No Choice
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 7 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Aha! So, there’s more than one; Leonardo da Vinci (?) La Joconde nue or Monna Vanna 1515
    Very nice, but, I still think Dante Gabriel Rossetti’s Monna Vanna 1866 is more sexy; sexier(?) than; oh, I just noticed the (?).
    Whatever; Dante’s is, IMO, sexier… 😉

V. Arnold
    Participant

Upon giving this some thought; the da Vinci(?) is subtle; far more so than the Dante: I like subtle in my life.
    So, I’m inclined towards the da Vinci…
    It fits my chosen life, far more…
    The shiny; always present; always a danger; choose wisely for your future…

Ha! Da Vinci’s Jeconde is an obvious study for the eh Mona Lisa, a piece he dragged around with him for years because he never finished it. The naked Mona Lisa may have been his students?!

The Rossetti one keeps making me think it’s a man in drag.

V. Arnold
    Participant

The Rossetti one keeps making me think it’s a man in drag.

Well, here you once again, exceed my knowledge of the arts; The Rossetti?
    Care to share a view?

V. Arnold
    Participant

You know, it’s interesting; I make an observation; a step; and you show me a well; not only not explored; but not even known about; depth that seems to know no limits…
    Fascinating beyond belief…
    Keep it coming please…

Dr. D
    Participant

Probably not, Rossetti used the same model, Jane Morris, for everything…one of his faults. However, check out the Pre-Raphaelites, including his sister, poet Christina Rossetti.

Polder Dweller
    Participant

Sir Humphrey explains Brexit: https://youtu.be/lFBgQpz_E80

Dr. D
    Participant

“a “stark choice” of either leaving the European Union with a deal or not leaving at all.”

So…you can lose your sovereignty or you can lose your sovereignty. May and the EU don’t care either way as long as Britain ceases to exist.

“Getting a majority of MPs to back a Brexit deal was the only way for the UK to leave the EU, Mrs May said. “The longer this takes, the greater the risk of the UK never leaving at all.”

So you can not leave or you can not leave. Either way, they’re all happy, because, ‘democracy’!

Just to put it out there, market genius and long-term trend historian Martin Armstrong says the only option available is no-deal exit. He was the one who advised Thatcher and identified even 30 years ago the exact problems that would tear the EU apart with absolute certainty. He was not against the concept but certain technical factors needed to be in place and he professionally advised the EU on these issues and how to avoid these problems, but they didn’t follow his advice because they wanted the EU and they knew the people would never vote for it, as indeed they did not. So they lied through their teeth and pushed for the financial union – and now army – that would make a mess and FORCE the nations into a Federated European government. That is, they got in this mess because they actively chose lies, deceit, blackmail, anti-democracy and anti-people, every moment from 1995 until now. So you get what you get! The people may be dumb, but they’re still far, far smarter than their ‘leaders’ and more moral too!

Most British Now Just Want to Leave with NO DEAL – Get out while they can the polls show

(Search the site for his personal recollections, they are short but many)

“Merkel Throws May A Lifeline Over Brexit Departure Date (O.)”

It’s amusing Merkel is helping May when she’s being kicked out for her own failures. The dumb leading the dumber? The fail teaching the fail? The anti-people, anti-pax giving each other help and pro-tips on how to ruin their nations and trample the people?

How about a pro-tip from this side of the pond: “The end does not justify the means.”

“Both parties are divided as can be. And everyone thinks they can get what they want”

The only certain thing now is NOBODY will get what they want. Which actually is pretty normal for big points in history. If it weren’t so, I would expect that it’s just more twiddling around the sinking ship, fussing with the curtains for show.

“Second Brexit Vote Would Be ‘Ultimate Betrayal’: Leadsom (R.)”

Since we can prove the EU lied from the very beginning of what they were about, lied after they were caught, and are lying now, it’s hard to tell which is the more ultimate betrayal. But you don’t get a second chance to restore your reputation.

“Assange has not been heard from in public since … an executive gag order”

Then Google and Twitter gagged his mother too, who had nothing to do with anything. But as I say, “You’re Next!” And after that is any of us in the cheap seats, who dare dislike what they’re doing to honesty and the free press.

“he could not respond to false statements about himself.”

Yup. And this is why we have free speech, why we have due process, why there are open courts and juries of peers, none of which was attempted in his case.

“I had done [nothing] other than what a journalist does, just that I have been [an] effective one.”

I guess we’ll have to put this on his tombstone, because so far, no one cares. How dare he be an effective journalist and tell the truth? We pay BBC and NBC to make sure that doesn’t happen anymore. He’s out there “changing minds” but in the wrong direction towards #logos and #reality, his real crime.

“UN Against Extraditing Assange To US: He Could Be Tortured There (Taer)”

Maybe we could avoid this by not torturing all the other people? Crazy idea, I know.

“ The Breach of Bail Allegation Against Assange (M.)”

Finally an interesting idea. So if he was in a coma, would he have “jumped bail”? So if he were dodging a known murderer, would he have “jumped bail”? He is in fact not available, and not in the country right now, as the Ecuadoran embassy is legally the nation of Ecuador. What they’re saying is that if Britain issues a warrant, you are required to voluntarily fly in from Thailand and be apprehended, even if they made up the whole charge and the Judge is crooked. No. Generally people avoid this sort of thing, because “presenting the body” is a lot of the law, so your case is better off if you’re elsewhere.

I think perhaps the thing Brussels is most pissed off about is they don’t get the chance to screw up Brexit. The British are way ahead of them, and they don’t need any help, thank you very much.

Don’t know much about Rosetti, but I believe you of course. Just a girl with a powerful jawline. 1866 drag would have made for a better story though.

Polder Dweller
    Participant

With you there about Brussels. That’s how most of the people on the European mainland see it, too, and why so few of us want to the deadline extended, it’s going to cost a fortune anway, so why prlong the agony. Their bed, they can lie on it.

Dr. D
    Participant

Quite fascinating, she was sort of a savant.

Wife of the famous William Morris of the English Arts and Crafts movement,

“Burden’s education was limited and she was probably destined to go into domestic service like her mother. After her engagement, she was privately educated to become a gentleman’s wife. Her keen intelligence allowed her to recreate herself. She was a voracious reader who became proficient in French and Italian, and she became an accomplished pianist with a strong background in classical music. Her manners and speech became refined to an extent that contemporaries referred to her as “queenly.” Later in life, she had no trouble moving in upper-class circles. She was possibly the model for the heroine of the 1884 novel Miss Brown by Vernon Lee upon which George Bernard Shaw based the character of Eliza Doolittle in his play Pygmalion (1914) and the later film My Fair Lady (1964). She also became a skilled needlewoman and later became renowned for her embroideries.”
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Morris

Anyone who could go from servant girl to upper class in 1850, without complete fire and resistance, was remarkable indeed. Reminds me of Lady Hamilton, except that she was tragic and destructive. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma,_Lady_Hamilton

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.