Debt Rattle August 18 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 18 2017

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Edward S. Curtis Slow Bull Dakota Sioux Medicine Man In Prayer 1907   • Never Doubt Regression To The Mean (Rosso) • The Stock Market Bubble is S
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 18 2017]

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

$65.5 million fine on $90,000,000 million churn? Be still my heart. Surely that larned ’em. Every time I get a parking ticket for $0.00001 I stop double parking right away, I do.

The Pence article was interesting, the presentation again. Pence has enthusiastically backed the policies by the lobbying firms. So only the firms he agrees with have been lobbying him? That seems careless of the Sierra Club and the Net Neutrality Interest Association. Shouldn’t we be mad at them for NOT lobbying him like they were supposed to?

Or maybe you mean that they DID lobby Pence, but Pence liked the other lobbyists better. In which case, he is resisting lobbyists — so fierce! — but spinelessly caving in to other lobbyists, because you have to decide something. …Just like every other politician had since lobbyists were invented.

Newsflash! Politician talks to lobbyists then picks a policy position! Just like every other day.

So, why was it reported this way? I suspect a lack of experience and cynicism by the reporter, which led him to a bias he himself was unaware of — which is at least a pleasant change. But in many ways is quite a bit more dangerous than when it’s obvious. Let’s try to keep our wits about us and help each other, shall we?

zerosum
    Participant

Lots of articles about borrowing and debts.

Who and where are the people that pay only the interest on their loans?

Who and where are the people that can always rollover their loan principle plus interest into a new loan?

Not me.!

I only know people who must payback their loans principle plus interest every month.

zerosum
    Participant

Edit:
    I wanted to edit the last sentence and it got too complicated.

tabarnick
    Participant

In migrant news this week:
    https://www.rfi.fr/afrique/20170817-libye-bateaux-ong-disparaissent-migration-sar-immigration
    Libya’s navy stands firm on respect for the Search And Rescue zone, whose access is forbidden to NGOs except on permission.

Ayoub Kassem, spokesman for the Libyan Navy: “In the past we have given them every chance. How often have we found them in our territorial waters? But now the time for warnings is gone. We have warned them, now we will apply the law. If the NGO ships vanish, so will migration.”

He warns NGOs : “you are not going to be allowed nearest territorial waters, because your absence is the only guarantee to shut off the migration flow and lower the number of victims among migrants.”

V. Arnold
    Participant

zerosum

When you edit, before you submit, uncheck the box on the left under this window.
    It only shows up when you edit.
    It’s something about keeping track, I think (I can never remember what it says).
    Oh, it says; Keep a log of this edit.
    Be sure to uncheck that box before hitting submit.

zerosum
    Participant

Thanks!
    I’ll try to remember

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.