Debt Rattle August 20 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 20 2020

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Pierre-Auguste Renoir The Return of the Boating Party 1862   • Clinesmith Pleads Guilty In First Criminal Case Arising From Durham Probe (Fox) •
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 20 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Pierre-Auguste Renoir The Return of the Boating Party 1862

Very nice painting. I think the vessel is a ketch rigged sloop, lovely…
    The people look quite happy…

“Oh, and he also cleared me of Alzheimer’s.”

Beggars belief; if Usians swallow that shit; then anything is possible…anything!!!!

John Day
    Participant

@David Holmgren (and Geoff Lawton, if you are looking) I’m sorry to have conflated you two prominent Australian Permaculture-project-guys.
    How embarrassing!
    Next up, Crocodile Dundee 🙂

John Day
    Participant

http://www.johndayblog.com/2020/08/pandemic-complacency.html
    I am seeing complacency in medicine about the coronavirus pandemic, which is not warranted. It’s not everybody.
    I went to bed with this eating me, and awoke well before dawn, with the urge to address it in writing.
    My daughter, Holly Day MD, is deeply engaged with her hospitalized patients and their families, and has sheparded too many young families through the death of a mother or father recently. Then they are gone.
    This is not gone when it is out of your sight.
    You do not merely “have a role to play”, like the youthful critical care pulmonologist from the new medical school, who gave a virtual talk to doctors and nurses and PAs at our clinic yesterday. “I’m a Pulmonologist. This is what I do. Here is what I would like you to do when patients leave the hospital”
    Pleasant enough young guy. No sign of passion. No sign of intellectual curiosity. No apparent knowledge of antiviral treatment (“That’s funny. We’re going to look at an article on Ivermectin in journal club tomorrow.”)
    He pooh-poohd vitamin-D. “We don’t use vitamin-D or vitamin-C or any of that in the hospital. There’s no evidence that it works.”
    “No, you’re Wrong!” I quickly and emphatically blurted out. (You have to get a person’s attention.)
    He looked surprised and I said I would put plenty of information together for him, which I did.
    I went on a round of internet cutting and pasting again, and I’ll post it separately, some updates on current medical therapeutics to fight the virus.
    Fighting an infectious disease is not merely supporting the body with IV fluids and a ventilator, while lying face down, and suppressing the immune system on dexamethasone, while blotting out consciousness with benzodiazepines, opioids and paralytic drugs.
    I don’t intend to pick on the guy. He’s young. He’s got a prestigious position at a medical center, teaching students, interns and residents. Nobody calls him out for lack of knowledge.
    He appears to be complacent. He is not the only one.
    Complacency is an inappropriate psychological defense mechanism, and it is one of the attitudes which relieves a person from the responsibility of having to figure out how to change things, to do them better, to solve a serious problem that is killing people, impairing people, and causing our impressive-yet-fragile economy to break and fail in a million little ways that we are all noticing as a million separate small failures.
    Nobody is doing things right, and then they are done.
    Tag, you’re it. Not my problem. I did my job. I have more check boxes to click , before I can quit today.

We cull ourselves and we cull each other, but we mostly do it unconsciously.
    We would not intentionally kill/cull. Not yet.
    I have been writing about mass-psychosis, and I realize that I have been overstating the case, as history systematically repeats itself. We are at mass-irritation, rising frustration, but it has backed off this summer; backed off to complacency.
    We are approaching the fall harvest. What will we harvest? It won’t be a harvest of plenty. Winter is coming, and the US is still unable to treat people for coronavirus as outpatients, even though the rest of the world is doing so and getting better at it, even India.
    Is something wrong with America when we cannot even consider doing what India is doing to treat sick people with cheap medicines before their bodies break down? (No offense, India. I’m trying to shame.)
    Indians are not complacent about the coronavirus pandemic. Indians have little room for complacency as a society.
    Their basic life-support system (economy) is chronically stressed. Declaring the larger denomination bills void in 2016 was a big mistake, from which India is still trying to recover.
    India is responding to coronavirus appropriately now.

Fix something that you see is wrong, please, today.

sumac.carol
    Participant

Amazing lack of awareness of the low hanging fruit in terms of covid and vitamin D. The “no evidence” argument, which comes up often for the easy cheap stuff, is silly given that physicians reportedly prescribe pharmaceuticals off-label about 10 percent of the time. No evidence other than their opinion.

John Day
    Participant

“Evidence” and “approvl for specific treatment application” are very different.
    Physicians prescribe off label for evidence, typically clinical studies.
    FDA Approval for a specific treatment application is very, very expensie, takes a long time, and is usually only done to get a drug onto the market for the first indication. Anybody with a license can prescribe it for anything after that.
    Sometimes, with a very good money making drug, about to go off patent, new approval for a different indication, maybe in a slightly different pill or slow-release, may be sought to keep it under patent and bringing in the cash.

zerosum
    Participant

John Day

I take safety precautions to lower the odds of getting C19. I’m not around anyone who has C19.
    My doctor won’t see me. He will only do virtual visits so that he won’t get C19.

How come you and your daughter are not getting sick?
    You are the Evidence
    Your patients are the opposite end of “the Gold standard”
    —–
    All the money that the Democrates have raised for virtual, entertaining, political, presentations has got me surfing channels to find alternative entertainment. Trump puts on a better entertaining show without even trying.

zerosum
    Participant

Paid by new USA money
    Metal fence erected along U.S.-Canadian backroad border amid COVID ‘loophole’ meet-ups
    SARAH GROCHOWSKIAug. 19, 2020 1:11 p.m.NEWS

It began Tuesday (Aug. 18) – metal posts being shunted into the ground by heavy machinery and American workers near the Canadian border.

Starting in areas adjacent to Ross Road in Abbotsford, which is separated from the U.S. by a small ditch, high-tension cable barriers began to be erected.

It is between those same roads that Americans and Canadians have met during the COVID-19 pandemic, while the border remains closed to non-essential traffic.

On Wednesday, Canadian families were still seen meeting with their American counterparts in the Double Ditch Road on Zero Avenue in Aldergrove.

Their cars were parked on either of the parallel U.S. and Canadian roads.
    It’s something Langley residents have expressed concerns about in recent weeks, considering the rate of COVID-19 infections in Washington State, which sits at more than 68,000 total confirmed cases and more than 1,800 deaths.

Langley’s Sandra Leone was riding her bike along Zero Avenue Sunday afternoon when she witnessed groups of people on either side of the ditch visiting one another.

“There was one group we saw of at least 12 people, young and old. None were wearing masks and all were engaged in close contact – lots of hugging, talking, and laughing,” she stressed.
    The construction project involves the installation of a cable barrier system along this section of the border to prevent vehicles from either accidentally, or purposefully, crossing the boundary and endangering citizens in both countries.

“This safety cable barrier not only protects people in the United States and Canada, but it also aids in securing this portion of the border by deterring illegal vehicle entries in both directions,” Holladay said.

zerosum
    Participant

When will the new USA postage stamps be available?

“Oh, and he also cleared me of Alzheimer’s.”

Beggars belief; if Usians swallow that shit; then anything is possible…anything!!!

Anything is possible is sort of the point for why the Babylon Bee exists.

oldandtired
    Participant

I think the vessel is a ketch rigged sloop, lovely…

Perhaps a cat rigged ketch?

Susmarie108
    Participant

RE: “Sirota is sticking out his neck, and it won’t be appreciated that he tears into his own party, but he’s also still stuck in “but Trump is so much worse” mode.”

Sirota sums it up all right – and he is appreciated. This kind of conversation needs to happen as he speaks for the many disgusted Dems out there. Yes, everyone senses the fraudulence at hand. It is possible to view this Presidential election and its pathetic candidates as a “placeholder” for the development of future potential. It doesn’t matter who is the President – as long as the Dems take the Senate and the House.

The “fresh-faced” Dems (like Katie Porter) are the key; they are skilled, smart, prepared, focused – and are now exploring/expanding into their roles (in Congress, Governorships and Cities). Many are women (just sayin’ JHK). They won’t be stopped because they cut deep into the myth. They disable propaganda with courage, expertise and facts. They work together despite coming from many points of view.

Both parties are afraid of the future. The status quo can’t let go of themselves or get out of the way. Compare the future strength of the two parties. The Dems “fresh-faced” bench is diverse, complex, outspoken (is this not what you need in times of chaos/change?). Despite which candidate wins the WH, this bench will prevail in turning things under/over/sideways/down/backwards/forward/inside out. We will be around to engage with them, guide and argue with them. The hand off to the next generation must continue.

John Day
    Participant

@Zerosum: We take routine precautions, my daughter and I, both in the workplace, and in public settings. It is not difficult. We have not caught COVID. It’s a little awkward being in your own home and masking for family. It’s weird. We mask like that when we get together in Yoakum but not all night in beds. It’s not close quarters…

John Day
    Participant

This is a lot, folks, and I did not really delve into use of high dose steroids, ventilators and paralyzing medicines in hospital treatment. We should be avoiding that whole scenario. I remember when AIDS became a disease for outpatient treatment. That was dramatic. Pills that worked made it possible.
    http://www.johndayblog.com/2020/08/update-on-available-covid-19-treatments.html

Roger Seheult MD Discusses the role of vitamin-D in helping the body fight the effects of SARS-CoV-2 virus, with special focus on the arterial lining, the endothelium, where the battle for life is fought. Recent paper has more vitamin-D data, and it’s all the same, just more. Take 5000 units per day, or whatever it takes to get your level above 60. He recommends 50,000U initial dose for all hospitalized patients.

Look at 11:30 to 13:30 (the last 2 minutes) for specifics on vitamin-D in hospital by this critical care pulmonologist. This COVID-19 update series is excellent!

JCEM paper cited in lecture: https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/97/8/2792/2823373

Charoenngam/Holick paper cited in lecture: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/342970598_Immunologic_Effects_of_Vitamin_D_on_Human_Health_and_Disease

This is a comprehensive aggregation of papers relating directly to Vitamin-D levels and supplementation in COVID-19 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7276229/

This much cited Indonesian study , reported in June, is included in the above analysis, and is worth its own link: https://emerginnova.com/patterns-of-covid19-mortality-and-vitamin-d-an-indonesian-study/

My general advice for people over 100# is to take 5000 units of vitamin-D daily, long term, unless you have not been taking it, in which case, take 10,000 units vitamin D3 daily until Thanksgiving or Christmas or New Years Day or something. If you weigh 80# take 4000 units per day, 60# gets 3000 units, etc.

This is the influential study from Bangladesh, reported in July, which prompted the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh to change from hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin to ivermectin/doxycycline.
    It explains the known antiviral mechanisms at work very well.
    A Case Series of 100 COVID-19 Positive Patients Treated with Combination of Ivermectin and Doxycycline

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/343305357_A_Case_Series_of_100_COVID-19_Positive_Patients_Treated_with_Combination_of_Ivermectin_and_Doxycycline

Dr Alam’s randomized, controlled follow-up trial is approved and funded and underway

Dr. Alam Gets his Randomized Controlled Trial Approved by the Bangladesh Medical Research Council

This paper explains that ivermectin blocks a transport mechanism that viral RNA and proteins need to get from the cytoplasm, into the nucleus, where the machinery for viral replication exists.
    Ivermectin turns the nuclear-membrane into a wall against coronavirus, and some other viruses, too.
    The broad spectrum antiviral ivermectin targets the host nuclear transport importin α/β1 heterodimer
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32135219/

Ivermectin helped sick hospitalized patients in Florida survive, especially some of the sickest one
    Conclusions and Relevance: Ivermectin was associated with lower mortality during treatment of COVID-19, especially in patients who required higher inspired oxygen or ventilatory support. These findings should be further evaluated with randomized controlled trials.
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.06.20124461v2

More News on Dr. Borody’s Ivermectin proposal

More News on Dr. Borody’s Ivermectin proposal

Here is my essay on the sick husband and wife I treated with Ivermectin, zinc and doxycycline last week. She gets nauseated from the zinc, but they both got out of crisis right away. He still feels tired and coughs.
    http://www.johndayblog.com/2020/08/first-good-news.html

A randomized trial of ivermectin/doxycycline, vs hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin in COVID-19 patients (I see no reason not to use both ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine. Mechanisms of action would be complementary. It is being proposed and has been done.)
    This trial found the treatments to be similarly well tolerated and similarly beneficial.(Ivermectin was better, not to statistical significance.)
    https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-38896/v1

A compilation of hydroxychloroquine studies treating COVID-19, and in-vitro studies, to date and summarized. Thanks Marc.
    https://c19study.com/?fbclid=IwAR0hvH_xb2dsr3kvmiFnog1y57p34Ml09S5DzBxoktFpvyEncrYvseMIzM4

Hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin + zinc got more patients home from the hospital than hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin without zinc:
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.02.20080036v1

Dr Raoult’s large scale and successful study of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. (Not randomized with a placebo arm, since people were dying and placebo was already known to the investigators to lead to more deaths than treatment.)
    Outcomes of 3,737 COVID-19 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin and other regimens in Marseille, France: A retrospective analysis
    Treatment with HCQ-AZ was associated with a decreased risk of transfer to ICU or death (Hazard ratio (HR) 0.18 0.11–0.27), decreased risk of hospitalization ≥10 days (odds ratios 95% CI 0.38 0.27–0.54) and shorter duration of viral shedding (time to negative PCR: HR 1.29 1.17–1.42). QTc prolongation (>60 ms) was observed in 25 patients (0.67%) leading to the cessation of treatment in 12 cases including 3 cases with QTc> 500 ms. No cases of torsade de pointe or sudden death were observed.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7315163/

Here is an ongoing prospective, randomized American study, which does assign people to HCQ/Azithromycin or clever placebo pills.
    Zinc is not part of it.
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04358068

Here is Gummi Bears’ “Deep Dive on Hydroxychloroquine” from last month. Scroll down 2/3 of the way and see the national responses to initiation of HCQ/Azithro treatment in Brazil, Algeria and Morocco. Deaths plateau in 10 days, while cases keep rising to a much later plateau.
    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1283840177497088001.html

Dr. D
    Participant

Yeah, if you do any science, doesn’t the U.S. incredible orders-of-magnitude outlier raise some data quality questions? Double since half the nation lives in rural, some of the least dense conditions on earth. It’s almost like they’re lying.

“an enormous risk for the credibility of the DOJ, the FBI, and the entire US judicial system.”
    They have credibility? From where? When? These are the guys who said Yellowcake, WMD and ties to Al-Qaida, “fight them over there” “Mushroom cloud” and worldwide torture is perfectly legal. I giggle uncontrollably even when I see them on T.V. before the impulse to throw fruit overwhelms me.
    Mooned
    https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/911/134/58d.jpg_large
    BurdenProof
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSp96uRvK0igiS-gdtfBH7eubNyRQIbZU2X0w&usqp=CAU

“We were taking fire…!” And with other famous truth-tellers, Brennan, Lisa Page, Hillary Clinton, James Comey, Robert Mueller, CNNs Gulf War Green Screens, and Rachael Maddow.

I could serve more time than Clinesmith for building a deck without a permit or swimming in a creek. Land of the Free, ya know.

But they’ve arrested a tiny fraction of 1% of the known and obvious felons, so it’s appreciated.

“U.S. Postal Service’s law enforcement branch said hundreds of mail-in ballots had been found in a Paterson mailbox.”

What? That’s not at all like the 20,000 corrupt ballots found in NJ and NYC, or the two states NAACP members who called for elections to be re-run over open and overwhelming fraud. Nope! The ballots are fine! Never been problems in U.S. history. And certainly not when the votes of entire small cities are going missing 2-3x a month. All good! No felonies. Carry on. …Oh and CERTAINLY don’t look into someone texting an entire district that a popular black candidate in Florida had dropped out of the race on election night. He’s a Republican so it didn’t happen, like losing 20k voters, just a weird anomaly we shouldn’t worry about.

“Democratic officials decided to turn this year’s convention into a promotional platform for Republican Democratic icons who attacked unions, laid off thousands of workers, promoted climate denial, endangered 9/11 survivors and lied us into a war that killed hundreds of thousands of people.”

Fixed it. No wonder people are so excited to vote this year. “the Democrats’ presidential standard-bearer is often an uninspiring mishmash of incoherent here’s-the-deal colloquialisms that mean nothing.” Oh wait. She and Bernie’s campaign manager are on the same page: they’re more critical of all things DNC than Dave Rubin and Dennis Prager.

“Minds are wiped Memories are scrubbed Amnesia takes hold”

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party Deep State is always right.”

“People like to blame the rise of gold on the demise of the dollar.”

Think of it like a nationless currency. The Currency of the Geology of the planet, not of men. Seeing how men act lately, is there any surprise? All the nations and their men are terrible. Why? They are men, and flawed. That said, Crypto is the Currency of Math, another absolute not of men.

That’s opposed to UBI: the Currency of Total State Dependency. Prices will immediately inflate to adjust and then if you DON’T line up to take it, you’ll be bankrupt in a month. This is what happened to honest farmers when they didn’t immediately jump on FDR’s farm-price (market) rigging. 100 years later, milk is still priced (wrong) via the distance to Wisconsin. While milk comes from Brazil. A thousand years from now, when we make most milk on the moon Eos, it probably still will be.

“We need to understand psychology because the only real danger that exists is man himself”—Carl Jung, 1959

…Says a man who never met a bear. Get out more often, Carl! There’s a big world out there, full of stormy seas, sandstorms, blizzards, and IRS auditors.

Dr. D
    Participant

Yes, Doctor, those are the kind of guys I mean when I make fun of Yale. I’d say “Read a book!” but the strange part is they do. They seem oblivious to APPLYING them, though. Asking questions, making connections. How, I so wonder. They do this even the very minute they also talk about “healthy diet” and “improved health”, but those words are styrofoam to them: they mean and carry nothing.

I feel that way reading the 6 and increasing studies on the total inefficacy of masks to contain viruses – and now the increasing prevalence of pulmonary staph. What’s the point? It’s science, so no one reads it, understands it, follows it, or cares. They simply blame the OTHER guy for not reading it.

“When will the new USA postage stamps be available?”

Never. Haven’t you heard in the last 3 days we erased the Post Office? Yup, doesn’t exist anymore. Read it on the internet.

Google has found another thing to complain about at TAE, this time on the page of the June 26 Debt Rattle. https://www.theautomaticearth.com/2020/06/debt-rattle-june-26-2020/.

Dangerous or derogatory content

I’m guessing it’s perhaps the pic of the Anthony Bourdain quote in which he says he wants to beat Henry Kissinger to death with his bare hands for what he did to Cambodia. But I can only guess of course, there’s never an explanation. And that pic is staying.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

John Day, I think that complacency can be an outgrowth of compartmentalizing (which is consciously embraced by some as a means of managing one’s life). It seems that compartmentalizing can sometimes lead to less caring (about others) to make it work as a strategy (or coping mechanism), which can lead to complacency.

I am similarly frustrated by such complacency, and it’s still possible to have some empathy for that pulmonologist.

“Bourdain quote…”- as I mentioned on July 29th.

“…lots of hugging, talking, and laughing,” she stressed.
    This has to stop! No hugging! No talking! No LAUGHING!!!!!!

John Day- think how complacent some doctors will be when they are all exempt from lawsuits. It puzzles me why supplements are not just ignored by doctors, but often derided. BTW, Medcram is a delightful time sink. College for free!

Check out ZH: A “Novel” Breakthrough? New Studies Show Memory T-Cells Offer Long Term And Pre-Existing COVID Immunity
    Do I think this will change draconian policies?
    NO LAUGHING!!!!!

Rototillerman
    Participant

Regarding voting fraud/incompetence: my boss told me today that his son received THREE BALLOTS for the recent primary… and this is in freakin’ Washington state! Recall that I earlier posted a comment listing Washington state as one of three states with prior experience with vote by mail.

Bill7
    Participant

So Mister Sirota spends a few thousand words telling us how bad and pathetic Team Dem™ are, but then *of course* in the penultimate paragraph states that we have no choice but to mcVote for the dismal Biden/Harris
    ticket “to stop fascism”.. sure, Dude, sure. Some news for Mister Sirota et al: both dismal mcParties have
    been working toward implementing Fascism for many years now, and mcVoting ain’t gonna stop it.

Team Dem’s plan has been obvious for some time: to lose with corrupt and uninspiring candidates who offer something only to the Very Few, then blame the Little People for the loss.. Dems appear to be carefully creating the conditions for Civil War (“who, us?”).

No thank you to the LoserCrats.

Mr. House
    Participant

John Day- have you checked out John Ward’s new site? I’ll leave it at that.

Mr. House
    Participant
    Mr. House
    Participant
    Arttua
    Participant

James Joyce called Jung and Freud tweedle-de and tweedle-dum, and Jung said that Joyce was probably schizophrenic, but intelligent enough to handle it.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Perhaps a cat rigged ketch?

A gaff rigged ketch; definitely not cat rigged, IMO. 😉

John Day
    Participant

@My PArents Said Know
    John Ward’s Slog site looks about the same, and he’s his usual erudite and witty self.
    Wassup?

John Day
    Participant

Maybe this essay and feature?
    THE ANTIDOTE TO COVIDAPHOBIA

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.