Debt Rattle August 23 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 23 2020

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Paul Cézanne Les (Grandes) Baigneuses 1905   • Send in the Clowns for the Circus Is in Town (Curtin) • Biden Says Trump Seeks To ‘Defund The Poli
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 23 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Paul Cézanne Les (Grandes) Baigneuses 1905

Not much to say today, including the art…meh!
    So, did Cezanne know, when all else fails; bring in the naked ladies?

redshift
    Participant

I am not aware of any medication or poison that rapidly lowers the blood sugar level and can be applied secretly. It would also be stupid to use such in an attempt to kill someone as the attacked person simply has to eat something to negate the effect.

I don’t know what happened to Navalny but this line of reasoning makes no sense. The conspiracy theory* involves the Russians doctors lying about the diagnostic. One who believes Navalny was poisoned does not believe he had a diabetic shock.

*note: conspiracy theory is a neutral term to me, I don’t mean to say something has no credibility when I label it conspiracy theory like so many people do. I believe in several cp’s, btw.

zerosum
    Participant

needed …. knowledge of adjectives and adverbs

….. insinuation and innuendo doing a lot of the heavy lifting.
    For example, the word “likely” appears nearly 140 times throughout the report, while “almost certainly” appears 21 times.

“Get out of jail card”

These guys in charge are mostly attorneys with specializations in bamboozling voters.
    Some people claim conspiracy but a much simpler answer might be that, in their ignorance and stupor, they copied each other out of fear.”

zerosum
    Participant

We already know – HCQ +
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/trump-jabs-fda-rejecting-hcq-claims-deep-state-or-whoever-delaying-vaccine-trials#comment_stream
    Trump To Announce “Major Therapeutic Treatment” Tonight, After Slamming FDA Over HCQ Snub

anticlimactic
    Participant

NAVALNY

I was reading that a poll was conducted in Russia about who they would want as president. Putin came top at 23% and the next biggest were at 10%, with Navalny coming bottom at 2%.

If Putin steps down then, and this poll is an indication, his replacement will be communist or extreme far right!

The West does not really appreciate how moderate Putin is. They may do so when his replacement is elected!

The conspiracy theory* involves the Russians doctors lying about the diagnostic.

What did I miss? I thought the conspiracy theory was that he was poisoned.

Eddie
    Participant

” I am not aware of any medication or poison that rapidly lowers the blood sugar level and can be applied secretly.”

Insulin could and can be given fairly surreptitiously , I believe…..but it would leave a mark….and traces that could be identified later. The idea that “one would only have to eat something” to counteract it” presupposes that the individual or someone close by would recognize the symptoms and act appropriately in a very timely fashion. Not a given, especially if the dose was quite large.

I’m agnostic about what caused this event, but an awful lot of Russians seem to encounter various forms of poisoning…especially people who aren’t with Putin…so I don’t rule it out, and this article is not that persuasive, to me anyway.

Eddie
    Participant

“There better be a very clear winner in November, or else”

Yes, I concur. This election is shaping up to be a really scary little moment in history, if you ask me. Only a landslide can keep the peace..

Funny, I had the same kind of concern in 2016….thinking at the time that if Clinton won without a mandate that the Trump base would misbehave. But nothing like what would happen now if either side wins by a few votes.

Even if there is a landslide I look for some civil unrest anyway……just not sure how much.

Not sure what to do about it either ……buy more ammo?

Susmarie108
    Participant

The REAL huge job numbers are heart-stopping…who is sounding the alarm?

Since the system is not built to serve the people, we are going to have to wait until the unraveling shows up in the streets. “What’s going to happen to these people in the meantime”? They will struggle and suffer, they will get desperate and angry, they will fight before they break, and they will lose everything.

This is the Mother of all tsunamis – compliments of the financialization of everything and COVID. None of us will escape the hit from this one.

It makes all else seem trivial and small. The only exception being what Mother Nature conjures up – from lightning storms to blazing infernos. The morning sun in Northern CA is a giant red ball and our skies are dark with smoke. Thankfully we are not on fire, but one never takes that for granted as the danger is real until the temperatures drop and rain is in the forecast (late September?).

The Wassily Kandinsky Autumn Landscape with Boats 1908 (from earlier this week) with its magnificent and intense color pallet has put me in a lasting state of grace and LOVE. Grateful for the treasure Raul.

zerosum
    Participant

Don’t fly
    http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures

The information available here is updated as we become aware of flights with an origin or destination in British Columbia with a case of COVID-19 on board. If you have travelled to/from other parts of Canada, and are concerned about potential in-flight exposure, please check for similar information posted on other provincial public health web sites or the federal government web site.

August
    12 international cases/flight
    32 domestic cases/flight

July
    21 international cases/flight
    21 domestic cases/flight

I’m agnostic about what caused this event, but an awful lot of Russians seem to encounter various forms of poisoning

Is that so? Name a few, and a bit of evidence that doesn’t come from NYT/Guardian/MSM would be helpful.

anti

I was reading that a poll was conducted in Russia about who they would want as president. Putin came top at 23%..

No idea what poll you’re referring to, but I betcha most polls would show Putin at 73%, not 23.

Eddie
    Participant

“Is that so? Name a few, and a bit of evidence that doesn’t come from NYT/Guardian/MSM would be helpful.”

It would be helpful if we argued one point at a time. You are going for two at once.

First, with respect to the MSM and where I gather the information that informs my opinions….I’m not about to go to to bat for the Guardian and the NYT. If you knew me you’d know better.

I’m a guy who likes the the truth…not some campaigner who just wants to grind his little axe. But I have to be convinced. Here’s my truth.

There is a long list of people from Russia who have died or nearly died from rapid onset indigestion…or rather ingestion…. of something or other. And they have that one thing in common. They are people
    who have done something to piss Putin (or perhaps some other powerful Russian oligarch) off.

You undoubtedly know this, as well informed as you are. And none of us as outsiders is EVER
    likely to find a smoking gun that proves anything conclusive. I would expect you to know this too. So incontrovertible facts are not really available, afaik.

So, I just point out that there appears to be a pattern…an obvious pattern.

Let me make a less-than-exhaustive list:

Versilov, Kara-Murza, Politkovskaya, Skripal, Litvinenko, Dzhemal, Rastorguyev.

If you are so full of hard information that exonerates Putin and the oligarchs, make your case, and I will gladly concede that I’m wrong. I obviously touched a nerve, stepping right on your bias like that. Sorry about that. I do it a lot. I expect to be banned by you eventually. There is no place anywhere anymore for honest discussion.

John Day
    Participant

@My Parents Said Know: Is this the John Ward (The Slog) subsite you meant to direct e to a few days ago?
    http://covidisinfectant.com/open-blog/august-12th-2020#comments

False flag attacks of all kinds are used in our world to influence public opinion.
    I’m not taking a stance, because I have no way of being sure of anything.

redshift
    Participant

What did I miss? I thought the conspiracy theory was that he was poisoned.

The conspiracy theory is that the Russian State – controlled by Putin – poisoned Navalny and the doctors at the Omsk hospital lied about not finding poison and saying the probable cause was carbohydrate deficiency.

I don’t have a stance on this, I’m just saying that trying to debunk the theory by arguing that an attempt to kill someone by giving something that causes hypoglycemia is stupid, is not relevant, because according to the theory this part is not true in the first place. Or it may be true, but being only a secondary effect, or it was the main effect but Putin only wanted to give Navalny a scare and not actually kill him.

I always feel conspiracy theory debunkers have a huge lack of imagination.

Yes, John Day. Ward set it up and has been writing some pretty chuckly columns about what a mess it is to do so. I don’t understand the FF thing.
    Go to his post “Covid19 A Hub for Truth…” and he explains it further. (Though in his own way, he is still amusingly obscure).

V. Arnold
    Participant

Versilov, Kara-Murza, Politkovskaya, Skripal, Litvinenko, Dzhemal, Rastorguyev.

Interesting you include the Skripals; I think it’s pretty certain the Skripals were a false flag by the Brits to blame Russia/Putin.
    Where are they now? Where is Yulia? Disappeared? Are they held captive against their will? It would appear so.
    Or, executed by the Brits; as has been conjectured by some news outlets.
    The west’s (US’s) propaganda machine has worked overtime to demonize Putin/Russia and everything not Usian…
    I never drank the koolaide…
    The U.S. is the evil they keep warning us about…

zerosum
    Participant

Going home
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/08/led-coalition-troops-withdraw-iraq-camp-taji-base-200823155733611.html
    US-led coalition troops withdraw from Iraq’s Camp Taji base
    Remaining coalition troops will depart in the coming days after finalizing handing over equipment to Iraqi

Speaking at the handover ceremony, coalition spokesman Colonel Myles Caggins III said: “This is an important day. The coalition is leaving our site inside Camp Taji, transferring out of this base, and handing over $347m of property, equipment and enhanced training facilities to the Iraqi security forces.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.