Debt Rattle August 29 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 29 2017

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MC Escher Still life and street 1937   • China Is Going To Hit A Wall (FuW) • Nomi Prins: Big Bank Concentration and Counterparty Risk Expands (D
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 29 2017]

Nassim
    Participant

“Kenya Gets World’s Toughest Plastic Bag Ban: 4 Years Jail Or $40,000 Fine”

Well, isn’t that great news!

The police in Kenya can now shakedown anyone person who they perceive to have plastic bags and some cash.

That is the tragedy with Africa. The headlines have no connection to the reality on the ground.

BTW, Nairobi police seem to be trying to catch up on their American brethren.

“Policeman among 9 people killed in Nairobi as video shows officers felling suspects”

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001234704/policeman-among-9-people-killed-in-nairobi-as-video-shows-officers-felling-suspects

I really think that people who have never lived in Black Africa should go and check the place out. Great nightlife. Great music. Lots of fun people.

“MURDER RATE FOR THESE WHITE FARMERS 20 TIMES INTERNATIONAL AVERAGE”

https://www.wnd.com/2017/04/murder-rate-for-these-white-farmers-20-times-international-average/

Patricia
    Participant

This globalisation thing has no boundaries. Unfortunately it is the boundaries that protects each and every Country. China house prices are going to collapse they say. Is that going to have an effect on house prices in Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland Vancouver? Some how I think that will happen. No Central Banker is going to go outside the square to protect his country. It is just a whole lot of hot air coming out of Jackson’s Hole. Nobody is going to say those Central Bankers are not wearing any clothes. In my view each and every Country’s Government must take back those powers they gave to the Central Bankers in the 1980s. The Central Bankers are the servants of the people not their masters. Until that is done there can be no democracy anywhere in the World.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Oh wow; the news really is all in the headline reads.
    What a wonderful way to be informed; hey, works for me (and saves a hell of a lot of time).
    But, that only works if one understands the structure in its entirety…

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

I also like Taibbi, but.

It’s difficult to get good statistics as everyone is lying, but while the media themselves are reporting that they’re raking in subscriptions, I’m also reading that traditional media is collapsing. It was reported that Taibbi’s CNN was doing so well that it was out-placed by 50 year-old reruns of Yogi Bear, a 3rd rate cartoon. People liked the new CNN coverage so much, it’s being banned in airports and doctor’s offices, some of their last remaining viewership.

But like I said, it’s hard to get honest numbers. So let’s look at the backbone of U.S. coverage, the NY Times. Raking in so many new subscriptions they have long since abandoned overseas coverage, doing so well that they shut down and rented out several floors of their office, so well that they laid off more workers in the month after the most-watched, most-read, non-stop media bonanza campaign festapalooza…and then had pickets and riots in their own staff as they cut their remaining copy editors — one of the few things, along with overseas reporters, that distinguish the amateurs from the pros. …But maybe that’s what happens when you hire reporter Glenn “Please don’t call me a Clinton hack” Thrush AFTER his totally-biased, pre-approved reporting was front page news, I couldn’t say.

Doing well? Even if the CNN thing is spurious, the NY Times clearly doesn’t think so, and they’re the newspaper of record. And Taibbi doesn’t know this? Or he completely ignored it in order to make his argument? Disturbing. Because by doing so, he sure made mine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.