Debt Rattle August 4 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 4 2018

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

John French Sloan Spring rain 1912   • The Everything Bubble Has Found Its Pin. The Pin’s Name is Jerome Powell. (PC) • The Fed Accelerates its Q
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 4 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The jobs and employment reports are pure fiction; bad fiction at that…
    Ilargi, have you thought to arrange the bad, serious fiction first?
    Then follow with the comedic, bad fiction; you know, the Russian meddling in the elections and then a dose of British comedy with Novichuk and Brexit last, so we end on a laugh?
    Hey, just a thought…

Ken Barrows
    Participant

Jerome Powell’s Fed keeps tightening but the 10 year US Treasury doesn’t want to stay over 3%. Does anyone see a scenario in which it stays over that mark for the long term? I mean, the USA is already so prosperous that prosperity doesn’t do the trick.

DrCiber
    Participant

The dollar may be up against the currencies listed in that article, but it sure as hell isn’t up against the Mexican Peso. My Social Security benefits this month are more than 7% lower than last month, due to the collapse of the exchange rate. 1,512 pesos less to be exact, which where I live is about a week and a half’s worth of everything: rent, utilities, food, transportation, you name it. So as far as I am concerned, Trump, Munchkin (if that really is his name), the moron Commerce Sec’y, & the trade reresentatives can take their MAGA’s & their trade wars and shove them up their collective ass.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.