Debt Rattle August 9 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 9 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Eugène-Louis Boudin Laundresses on the Beach at Étretat 1892   • Behold The ‘Scariest Chart’ For The Stock Market (MW) • US Senate Calls On Julia
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 9 2018]

A comment from me on Nassim’s comment in yesterday’s Debt Rattle:

I have AdBlock on my browsers so I don’t see any adverts – not even on Facebook.

Nassim, and everyone else, much as I understand why people use an ad-blocker, I hope you PLEASE exempt the Automatic Earth from it. Ad-blockers are killing sites like us. Ad revenue is down by two-thirds, to a level that makes it impossible to keep running the site.

We’ll open a Patreon account soon, but even then. And if you feel you do have to keep it on, please consider donating via the Paypal widget top left corner. Thanks.

V. Arnold
    Participant

For what it’s worth, I do not block ads; hope to donate again soon; maybe Sept 3rd..
    Wish I could do more, but even here in Thailand $1200/ month doesn’t go as far as I’d like.

Dr. D
    Participant

Outside news:

To make their point about how they’re pro human rights, Saudi Arabia decided to crucify someone. I only wish I was kidding. And then attacked that well-known villain Canada. But they’re our closest ally, so it’s all good.

Congress says to save Democracy, they need to eliminate free speech. Again, I wish I was kidding. Because that’s what America stands for, n’est-ce pas? P.S. the U.S. is not a democracy, it’s a Republic. A Republic assures the rights of the minority and the minority opinion. This is why.

So and so hates Free trade and approves of tariffs to save people….except when Trump does it. Predictable.

And the sanctions are the best possible way to help Russia and assure SCO and the Silk Road. Russia is forced to unite with China and become independent and strong in all things, unable to be attacked or embargoed, and they get to offload the short-term domestic pain by saying it’s America’s fault. Imagine if Putin had just done this out of the blue as a pre-emptive measure, anticipating the eventuality. He’d be attacked and weakened as life in Russia is hard enough. When Obama/Trump do it though, he’s a hero to create (and pretty rapidly) his domestic work, industry, and food. So thanks!

P.S., it wouldn’t shock me if the diplomats and oligarchs they’ve specifically sanctioned are troublemakers Putin wanted out anyway, but needed an excuse. Why not?

The other party affected is Europe who finds out the U.S. is no help, helping themselves while crushing the Euro economy, while losing all the developing Russian market, so they can find out what Russia was doing for them. Presently, they have to choose between Iran, a country the size of Maryland, or trading with the whole United States, with a $15T GDP. They chose Iran.

“If Europeans stop trading with Iran and don’t put pressure on US then we will reveal which western politicians and how much money they had received during nuclear negotiations to make #IranDeal happen.” –Raman Ghavami, Iranian senior advisor.

Yes, this is the deal that was never a deal, since no one’s read it (according to John Kerry) and was never signed. By anyone. But hey, stick with Iran on that. Good on ya.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Canada is hardly a bastion of human rights; their native population has suffered, much like in the U.S..
    Western hypocricy is wanton and violent to extreme.
    SA is little different than Canada or the U.S..
    So, drop the bullshit; get real or go fuck yourself and die.

V. Arnold
    Participant

It did occur Dr D that you may think that was aimed at you.
    It absolutely was not.
    Just my little outburst, at the things of which I have no control; impotense screaming…

V. Arnold
    Participant

And yes; Eugène-Louis Boudin Laundresses on the Beach at Étretat 1892, for a 4th version of the vision of Etretat.
    Nice, and yet another pov of Etretat. This one seems grounded; maybe the Laundresses, no?

Ken Barrows
    Participant

Iran is a lot bigger than Maryland in both area and population.

Ken Barrows
    Participant

I get it. You meant GDP, the most important measurement there is.

Given the sparse reaction to my Ad blockers comment, I don’t get the idea that everyone takes it seriously. But it is

zerosum
    Participant

NEW WEAPONS FOR EVERYONE!!!!
    AT LAST!!!
    PEACE!!!
    ????
    On March 1st Russian President Vladimir Putin changed the geopolitical game. During his speech he unveiled new weapons which instantly made obsolete much of the U.S military’s physical arsenal.
    Trump will pursue this sanctions strategy to the bitter end.
    Because, Iran, like Venezuela, Russia and China will not negotiate with someone who has nothing to offer except the back of his hand.

Trump is only talking about economic sanctions and tariffs, however, leveraging the dollar as his primary weapon to bring countries to heel.

zerosum
    Participant

I don’t need adblocker.
    I don’t click adds
    I don’t have money
    I don’t need anything.
    I get ads for something that I already searched for and rejected/bought.

ezlxa1949
    Participant

I have set my ad blockers and Ghostery to trust TAE. It would be a bad day indeed if TAE were to close.
    I can handle Patreon: already supporting two other sites. For as long as my income endures at its current level, I enjoy sharing the wealth.

thomasjkenney
    Participant

I will donate soon…but you must understand: here in the good ol’ U S of A, we are inches away from having ads injected directly into our brains! Please excuse if some of us are willing to cut off a foot to be able to have an ad-free experience somewhere.

Patricia
    Participant

I can understand your reaction to the Adblock Ilargi and while I don’t do it that is only because I don’t know how. Can you explain this Patreon. It may be the answer for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.