Debt Rattle December 1 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 1 2019

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Arthur Rothstein Family leaving South Dakota drought for Oregon Jul 1936   • Fastest-Growing Debt Category In US Not Student Loans Or Credit Card
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 1 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Arthur Rothstein Family leaving South Dakota drought for Oregon Jul 1936

Now that’s a photograph; honest and simple! Notice the guy working under the bonnet (hood) 😉

The rest? Honestly, I have no idea…

V. Arnold
    Participant

So slow to start……………………..

Dr. D
    Participant

And so we have climate migrations again today. Record cold U.K., record cold (and no kidding, brother!) in Russia.

“Automakers Offer Record Incentives As Trillion Dollar Auto Bubble Bursts (ZH)”

Well, we had a record number of cars, then a crash. But instead of letting the number of cars and car manufacturers fall to a reasonable level (admittedly under capitalism, a little too low, below the trendline) we bailed them all out with taxpayer money – including Harley and Toyota – and told them to go on their way. Doing what? Um, making cars? They don’t make egg cream sodas. So immediately what? We have too many cars again, we flood the market again, and oversupply has layoff and a bankrupting slump in sales again, all because you couldn’t leave it alone, you had to “help.” Thanks a lot, instead of one section of GM going bankrupt, and those machine tools being re-directed to I dunno, renewable energy inventions*, you bankrupted the whole United States and Germany instead. #Winning!

*This is literally what happened as the only reason Tesla is even in business is they bought Toyota’s manufacturing plant at a mega-multi-billion dollar discount.

Part II: They are wildly in debt for buying cars, but why? Because of the bailouts, car manufacturers can be totally, completely, irresponsibly unconcerned with customer’s needs. Which is a far CHEAPER car. Then how can they all buy cars that are too expensive? Because of the bailouts, BANKS can be totally, completely, irresponsibly unconcerned with customer’s needs, and lend to people regardless of if they go bankrupt, since there’s no such thing, only ME, the taxpayer, paying for everything. So the price of the cars is too high, because they’d like higher profit margins (who wouldn’t) then demand infinite regulation on safety, etc, to prevent competition and be government-protected monopolies, then raise prices 3x what any customer could possibly pay (like health care) then use infinite debt to make that even remotely plausible, while every customer slowly goes bankrupt from using their service, the one they would never in million years buy if they had any choice.

Capitalism!!! Oh wait, I meant the OPPOSITE of capitalism, where money doesn’t allocate or account anything and bankruptcy and failure aren’t possible.

….Aaaaand speaking of:

“ The Fed’s Answer to the Ghastly Monster of its Creation (E
    P)”

Stocks can only go up and not down. Housing can only go up but not down. Profits (markups) can only go up and not down. In #AntiLogos land, we’re making a world with all ups and no downs! And we did it for you! (Us, actually. You don’t own any stocks and can never afford a house) If you think we’re bad, you should see Australia!

That’s okay, you can fight Mother Nature. It’s not like she wins in the end or anything.

Where do you safely bury more than 28,000 cubic meters …of deadly radioactive waste for the next million years?”

You pay Russia whatever you have to to take it as they have a conversion reactor that will break the waste down and use it. The technology German engineers couldn’t be bothered to build. The other stuff that’s filling the reporter’s dramatic volume is low-level waste that honestly isn’t that dangerous if left in a salt mine.

Still, nice going. Science™! 200 years after Mary Shelley, still making the exact same mistake! Because we’re geniuses in the room and you should respect my authori-tie.

We are now working for the dark side.”

Ah, so good to know how we’re seen around the world. The respect and love Washington himself advised in his Farewell Address.

“...our wars have killed 801,000 directly and resulted in a multiple of that number dead indirectly..”

This is the basis of my regular statement that the U.S> has killed over 6 Million people, innocent civilians even. Because what is a “multiple” of 800,000? And although it’s impossible to truly know, take the baseline deaths in Iraq – just for one of the dozens of nations we attack every day – and trendline that forward as if we’d never been there. How many fewer people now, with lack of births, marriages, early deaths, etc? Oh yes, I’m sure we’ve outdone the 3rd Reich in deaths, suffering and misery, it just depends how far back you want to start the clock to get the numbers. Pinochet? CIA-funded drug trafficking? Hungary, 1956? You decide. The parties have decided, and they’re all for it! It’s the Green Plan to help the planet but good, just as suggested in all those environmental white papers.

OPCW Manipulation of Douma Report Requires Fresh Look at Skripal Case (MoA)”

Well at least somebody’s still looking at it. After a while you give up. Ultimately, it’s easier to say what it wasn’t, and it WAS NOT Novochok. And that means the U.K. and all the papers are bald-faced liars, which is all you need to know. And WHY they all NEEDED to lie, and lie even to this day is all you need to ask as a citizen. Unlike a court, I don’t need to solve the crime to prove you did it. Yes, very likely BZ. But since that’s just as good a story, why bother fabricating the preposterous, face-palming, self-owning, Novochok story? You could just say Putin likes drugs, and slander him. You were going to anyway and never tell the truth what’s the difference?

And of course every time we find BZ, we replace the roof of the house. Standard procedure.

Will The Epstein Story Ever be Fully Told? (Rice)”

Obviously not. None of us could live long enough to even watch all the tapes. It would take the government decades just to interview all the witnesses. …But they could save time when interviewing themselves, Mr. FBI/Justice.

So we’re probably doing what all corrupt nations do: using the evidence and cases as political blackmail to get things done. Does that make them better than Epstein? Only slightly, since the push is to stop such behavior overall. However, without publicity and punishment, where’s the warning to the next guy? How does democracy get to find out what’s been going on and how recent decisions were made?

48/20 year rule. Actually pretty good ideas, which is why I’m sure no one will use them. It’s always better to #AntiLogos as your God and never forgive anyone, then act surprised when they come for you too.

Newsweek Reporter Fired After Peddling Fake News That Trump Golfed On Thanksgiving”

OMG! I actually saw consequences! For the consequence-free zone. For one person on one day! Just 329 million, 999 thousand to go!

zerosum
    Participant

Arthur Rothstein Family leaving South Dakota drought for Oregon Jul 1936

Setting up the stage did not start with “the white Helmets”
    ——–
    • Tulsi Gabbard: Wake Up And Smell Our $6.4 Trillion Wars (AC)

There must exist a cheaper way for the USA to reduce the population.

zerosum
    Participant

“ Will The Epstein Story Ever be Fully Told? (Rice)”

Yes.
    Here it is.
    The elite have got money, power and human desires.
    You are not part of the elite club.
    The elites always do what the want.
    Suck it up.

Dr. D
    Participant

Do I believe my eyes? Good news breaking out in more than ones:

Malta PM out for killing a whistleblower/reporter.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/malta-pm-step-down-related-car-bombing-one-woman-wikileaks-journalist

Like me, Macron asks, “What the heck is NATO for? Who is our real enemy?”

He says “terrorism”, of course, except he will soon designate the Gilet Jeunes and everybody he doesn’t like (Ms. LePen) as t’rrsts. Like any Mr.-unlimited-completely-open-borders-hate-our-own-culture would. But: baby steps. NATO = dumb. Russia = bulletproof from Western sanctions. U.S. = Sent home. Russia = open. Ukraine = lost. Russia = part of Europe (duh, get a map), Western (U.S.) sanctions = devastate Europe to favor the U.S. etc. Took a dozen years but the clue-by-four has finally been delivered. But don’t worry, there’ll be a “terrorist event” or something just like F-stan if peace threatens to break out.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/macron-tells-nato-russia-must-come-cold-war

zerosum
    Participant

YESTERDAY
    I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me god

TODAY
    I would cast a stone except that all the liers have taken all the stones.
    I DON’T LIE. I only believe the people who agree with me. Everyone else is lying.
    Its not a sin if you don’t believe its a sin.

Glennda
    Participant

Glad to see Tulsi is speaking out – truth. She has my support, though I think the DNC will manage to keep her out of the primaries. The DNC will not be able to keep Bernie out, but Elizabeth Warren may get their approval. But I vote Green Party where ever it shows up. They also called out the the ENDless WARS. Hilary really was the queen of war.

I’ve been reading Our Finite World by Gail T. She make some excellent points about Renewable Energy, but her most important conclusion is hidden in the length of her post. That is – when a country collapses like Russia did in the 90s it’s carbon footprint (and some other resource footprints) dropped immensely. The conclusion is if a large federation like the EU or especially the neo-liberal globalization of trade breaks up that will help the Resource drain of the earth. So watching the world plunge into a world wide Depression (let’s call it what it really is) would be the saving of at least some of the earth’s resources for the future 7 generations.

So perhaps the obvious descent of the world economy will be our best hope for the future.

I look forward to part 2 of your essay, Raul. The news is the static showing the slow descent of it all.

Do the World’s Energy Policies Make Sense?

Glennda
    Participant

Another post of interest is a Book review by David Graeber in the NY Review of Books.

Against Economics

Against Economics by Davod Graeber in the Dec 5 NY Review of Books

It’s a long essay, but the book is very long and somewhat impenetrable with lots of economic graphs. It’s a review of Skidelsky’s book- Money and Government: the Past and Future of Economics.

David Graeber quotes: “Skidelsky drily remarks:
    There is a paradox here. On the one hand, the theory says that there is no point in trying to profit from speculation, because shares are always correctly priced and their movements cannot be predicted. But on the other hand, if investors did not try to profit, the market would not be efficient because there would be no self-correcting mechanism….
    Secondly, if shares are always correctly priced, bubbles and crises cannot be generated by the market….
    ” This attitude leached into policy: “government officials, starting with [Federal Reserve Chairman] Alan Greenspan, were unwilling to burst the bubble precisely because they were unwilling to even judge that it was a bubble.” The EMH made the identification of bubbles impossible because it ruled them out a priori.

If there is an answer to the queen’s famous question of why no one saw the crash coming, this would be it.

Any new, viable science will either have to draw on the accumulated knowledge of feminism, behavioral economics, psychology, and even anthropology to come up with theories based on how people actually behave, or once again embrace the notion of emergent levels of complexity—or, most likely, both.

Intellectually, this won’t be easy. Politically, it will be even more difficult. Breaking through neoclassical economics’ lock on major institutions, and its near-theological hold over the media—not to mention all the subtle ways it has come to define our conceptions of human motivations and the horizons of human possibility—is a daunting prospect. Presumably, some kind of shock would be required. ”

Skidelsky says ” Any new, viable science” – he still calls it a Science, when it is obvious that economics is more like sociology or anthropology, and should be looked at as a lot of varying theories.

lasttwo
    Participant

In her own words
    REP. TULSI GABBARD (D-HI): That our Democratic Party, unfortunately, is not the party that is of, by, and for the people. It’s the–it is a party that has been and continues to be influenced by the foreign policy establishment in Washington represented by Hillary Clinton and others foreign policy, by the military-industrial complex and other greedy corporate interests. I’m running for president to be the Democratic nominee that rebuilds our Democratic Party, takes it out of their hands, and truly puts it in the hands of the people of this country, a party that actually hears the voices of Americans who are struggling all across this country, and puts it in the hands of veterans and fellow Americans who are calling for an end to this ongoing Bush-Clinton-Trump foreign policy doctrine of regime change wars, overthrowing dictators in other countries, needlessly sending my brothers and sisters in uniform into harm’s way to fight in wars that actually undermine our national security and have cost us thousands of American lives.

These are wars that have cost us as American taxpayers trillions of dollars since 9/11 alone, dollars that have come out of our pockets, out of her hospitals, out of our schools, out of our infrastructure needs. As president, I will end this foreign policy, and these regime change wars, work to end this new Cold War an arms race, and instead invest our hard earned taxpayer dollars actually into it serving the needs–

PARKER: –Thank you–
    GABBARD: –Of the American people–

PARKER: –Thank you, Congresswoman–

GABBARD: –Right here at home.
    Enough said.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.