Debt Rattle December 14 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 14 2020

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Adolphe Yvon Genius of America c1870   • Data Shows Ample US Hospital Capacity Nationwide (JTN) • ‘Autoantibodies’ May Be Driving Severe Covid Ca
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 14 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Adolphe Yvon Genius of America c1870

Wow! That’s an amazing painting for a huge number of reasons…
    …where to start?…
    The Title maybe? Or the composition?
    …or…or…or…

Wow! That’s an amazing painting for a huge number of reasons…

Clicking it gives you the very large version. Yes, it might be good to have some kind of overview of every element he put in there, and the meaning(s).

Polder Dweller
    Participant

The Covid-19 patients had more antibodies that had turned on them than people with lupus, an autoimmune disease caused by similar wayward antibodies.

Errm, excuse me, but hydroxychloroquine is used to treat people with lupus.

GLOBAL OUTAGES OF GOOGLE SERVICES REPORTED: GMAIL, YOUTUBE & OTHERS ARE DOWN

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Based on what Dr. Chris Martenson has been informing me about Ivermectin, it shows rather more than just “promise”. I’m reasonably sure that if an Ivermectin-based treatment-regimen were implemented worldwide, I would entirely cease being concerned about Covid, as Ivermectin would appear to have prophylactic effects, curative effects on both acute and chronic Covid-related sickness, and it knocks out transmissibility, to boot. The only reason it isn’t being implemented instantly, completely, and universally, I really do think, is because Ivermectin is cheap and doesn’t make the big bundle of cash for Big Pharma that these new and relatively untested vaccines will. You will recall that I recently posted a comment about Dr. Martenson’s video about Ivermectin being censored by YouTube and Facebook.

I also deplore the fact that hydroxychloriquine was derided as a treatment option merely because President Trump recommended it. I’m no fan of the man at all, but something isn’t automatically wrong just because Donald Trump said it!

Mister Roboto
    Participant

@Raul: My G-Mail is working just fine right now.

John Day
    Participant

Georgia Governor, Brian Kemp did not attend the Trump rally after his 19 year old daughter’s 20 year old boyfriend was killed in a fiery inferno right after his car crashed Friday 12/4/20. The governor also went back on his promise to check all the signatures on the ballots after that. Picture of the flaming car, billowing smoke to the sky is here, along with pictures of the lovely young couple. “Accident”? Warning?Lucy described the feelings of grief she felt over Deal’s death.
    ‘The love he showed me was beyond comprehension and I didn’t deserve it. My heart aches at the hole he left in my heart, but oh what a blessing it is that I can rejoice in the truth that we have a sovereign God and Harrison is at home with Him, and I will see him again.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9022709/Daughter-Georgia-Gov-Kemp-mourns-death-Sen-Loefflers-aide.html

If you saw this, then my gmail is working in Austin this morning.

John Day
    Participant

Hydroxychloroquine , zinc and azithromycin was the best combination going in the spring, and was widely used, and people taking Hcq chronically had a very low incidence from COVID, and rare mortality.
    Ivermectin seems to be much netter, as information has come in since late spring and early summer, all very favorable.

John Day
    Participant

These guys have it together. You met Pierre Kory MD, already. Thanks Dr Clif.

Home

In which ivermectin now takes the place of azithromycin?!

Mister Roboto
    Participant

My guess is that Iver. takes the place of Hydroxy.

John Day
    Participant

Votes And Vaccines post is up. https://www.johndayblog.com/2020/12/votes-and-vaccines.html

You can buy ivermectin, zinc, doxycycline treatment kits from India here. Dosing is one-size-sorta-fits-all. Thanks Jeremy:
    https://www.rxindia.com/medicines/medicines-by-therapeutic-class/covid-19/ziverdo-kit/

“Pathogenic Priming” is that good thing I have mentioned several times, which happens when a vaccine induces an antibody response which inadvertently makes you sick or kills you when the infectious agent enters the body, and the immune response is activated.
    It’s usually detected in animal trials.
    This was the problem with all the coronavirus vaccine attempts after SARS. Lab animals died when the vaccine was “successful”.
    Pfizer COVID Vaccine Trial Shows Alarming Evidence of Pathogenic Priming in Older Adults

Pfizer COVID Vaccine Trial Shows Alarming Evidence of Pathogenic Priming in Older Adults

​ Another funny thing can happen with 2-dose vaccines, which is what Astra-Zeneca/Oxford discovered when half of a first dose worked better than a whole first dose. What happened was that the immunity induced by the first full dose was directed against the viral vector, meant to enter the human cell and deliver the genetic material. So, the viral vector got destroyed pronto, and the second dose never did mch. When the first dose was accidentally halved in one arm of the trial, it worked better. Russia can help, by letting Astra-Zeneca give one dose of Sputnik-V vaccine, which uses a different viral vector, so the full dose enters cells each time.
    That’s science for ya’. Never know what will turn up in carefully run experiments. Gotta’ double and triple check for problems. Takes years.
    Both AZ and Russian vaccines are cheap-for-the-world and very similar.​( I’ve got vitamin-D, and ivermectin ready, so not rushed.)
    https://www.moonofalabama.org/2020/12/russian-cooperation-saves-british-vaccine.html

​Vitamin-D, Bill. Ivermectin, Bill…​
    Bill Gates Says Lockdowns Should Carry On Into 2022
    Declares ‘normal’ will not return until there are “high vaccination rates”

Video: Bill Gates Says Lockdowns Should Carry On Into 2022

Dr. D
    Participant

Iverm3ct3n (trying to be cool and trendy)
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/results/NCT04425850

Study: ZERO cases as prophylactic, very high effectiveness when taken early, a virtual cure.

pic

By why would we use it when we can throw people in ovens and take their gold teeth?

So add to the long, long list of medical mass-murders.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

So add to the long, long list of medical mass-murders.

I’m in complete agreement with you, for a change. Normally, I’m very conspiracy-theory averse, but I’m really starting to wonder if perhaps the oligarchic PTB simply want to get rid of as many of the poor people with chronic poor health/ preconditions and the elderly as they can in anticipation of…something.

Polder Dweller
    Participant

@Mr Roboto

That’s something that an awful lot of people are thinking but very few dare say out loud, so it’s good you say it. There are certainly those amongst the rich and famous who talk openly about the world being overpopulated.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

We’ve been adding a billion more people every 12-13 years since 1961, so I’m thinking we are going to hit a wall with that, at some point. Still, I will never countenance any sort of mass-murder as a solution.

Polder Dweller
    Participant

Amen to that.

madamski cafone
    Participant

The situation with population control is like that with organ harvesting: no one has the courage to deal with it plainly as a resource issue, so we leave it to donations and waiting lists and an ever-growing black market, some of it under semi-open government control.

A hundred years ago, women were tortured and jailed in America for promoting safe modern birth control methods. Abortion is deemed evil incarnate by the same political faction that most insistently endorses sending young men overseas to kill and maim and be killed or maimed for dubious causes. Abortion is deemed sacred, and war evil, by the loyally opposing other political faction while it embraces policies that attack the existence of human family structures both directly and indirectly, and consistently votes for politicians whose foreign policies make Dubya look nice.

Both sides seem equally unwitting where not willfully ignorant.

Meanwhile, the population can no longer be sustained. Its current growth arc has its future decimation ingrained into its structure. We the people show little interest in curbing our personal reproduction rates. Like everything else, we feel that “somebody ought to do something about it”. Apparently, somebody is. How dare they?! Don’t these leaders, whom we uphold and enrich despite their glaring unworthiness for their positions, know they are supposed to not try and fix things but only make vaguely agreeable verbal noises about the issues or things that somewhat resembles those issues?

People are going to die in unprecedented huge numbers over the next few decades, period. Old people are the most dispensable and expensive part of our growing unsupportable population. Nursing homes are a cultural blight that shows how everything has been compartmentalized into manageably marketable pens. As cryptic forced euthanasia goes, it makes sense. (I am at an age and condition of health where many people look to nursing home care. Ick, I say, but note that I am pointing a finger at myself when I identify the geriatric as the first most dispensable demographic profile.)

So, if the world’s bloated plutocrats and oligarchs choose to do something about arguably the single most pressing and defining issue of our times, while we bicker over reproduction planning policies and who to (stop) bomb(ing) next, we must of course oppose them. Because we, the romantically glorified people of a mighty democratic republic, who won’t come together to fix things except in the most trivial (yet typically hostile) ways, will not tolerate the powers that be doing anything except the usual: bomb (or not) the hell out of foreigners while burning out the brains of our fellow citizens.

^&*

Google’s platforms have been acting wonky over the weekend, but especially Sunday night, for at least a month. Major overhauls must be happening. Hackers probably exacerbate this, since they would recognize immediately the situation and exploit its vulnerabilities.

madamski cafone
    Participant

The following video was shared above. I repeat it to ask us to lookat Gates’ facial expressions. I don’t think a human could show more internal conflict without chewing his face from the inside and then swallowing it:

Bill Gates Lockdown Video

Mr. House
    Participant

@madamski

I just have a problem with people who think they can play god.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

‘Like Nothing Happened’: Sydney Restaurants Are Bustling (AFR)

Now Australia is at the point where they are just locking down their borders, instead of locking down their people. Back in July it was looking grim there.

Looking back at the Debt Rattle for July 22 2020:

It Has Become Clear Elimination Of The Virus Is The Best Option (Age)

…Our already-stretched health system is at risk of being stretched beyond its limit. We have tried to suppress this virus; to keep infection numbers low enough to allow our hospitals to cope, while not actively trying to stamp it out. In Melbourne, it has failed… Many have argued for an explicit elimination strategy, acknowledging that while not without its costs, ultimately it is the best choice for our society and economy…Yet the current six-week lockdown is unlikely to eliminate the virus, according to new analysis in the Medical Journal of Australia. We must either go harder, or go longer.

While it is the best option for Australia, elimination has three important drawbacks: its impacts would be disproportionately felt by disadvantaged and marginalised people; it would require a longer, more intense period of initial lockdown; and it would make us dependent on a vaccine… Better to do it once (or twice, as in Melbourne) and do it properly, rather than wait for infections to rise again in a few months and have to do it all again.

If we succeed in ridding ourselves of SARS-CoV-2, we will make ourselves reliant on a vaccine. Until one is found, our borders will have to remain closed. The virus will become endemic in many other countries – countries who, unlike us, no longer have the option of eliminating it. Opening our borders too early would simply be kicking the can down the road.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/as-more-doctors-and-nurses-fall-sick-it-has-become-clear-elimination-is-the-best-option-20200721-p55dzi.html

https://www.theautomaticearth.com/2020/07/debt-rattle-july-22-2020/

The ivermectin story is heartbreaking. It’s so simple: You can have this safe drug or this dodgy vaccine. The real puzzle is how many would still want the prick.
    I find the metaphors of religion have been very useful lately. It sure seems there are evil forces at work these days.

We need to kill the trusting and obedient-
    Our dear, dark Lord insists it’s for the best.
    To only leave the fighters is expedient
    To feather Baphomet’s dank, mangy nest.

“Their outrage is delicious,” says the Deep One.
    “Adrenochrome makes blood so very sweet-
    The thrashing entertains, and power is such fun
    When the prey are at it, fighting in the street.”

“/S”
    China is our buddy.
    China is our friend.
    China knows how things are run-
    They’ll run it ’til the End.

Madamski: Organ harvesting. I have a feeling that child-trafficking is the “friendly” cover story for the organ harvesting market. I used to think it was blackmail that runs the show, but that’s just the stick. The carrot is hearts, lungs, kidneys, and more if you play along.
    As for population control, I believe we already know that if women have access to, and privacy concerning birth control, they have fewer children. To force a child on a woman who loathes it doesn’t just ruin her life, it can produce the future sociopath- the person with a chip on his or her shoulder who has a rotten model of love.

Mt. Etna: each district looks like a lava flow.

phoenixvoice
    Participant

The best ethical ways to get a handle on the population?
    1. Free, effective birth control available to all.
    2. A cultural mythos that promotes choosing when to have children, rather than allowing nature to take its course.
    3. Social security or something akin to it so that old age care is guaranteed and not dependent upon whether or not one has children or how many children one has.
    4. A cultural mythos that supports anyone who doesn’t want to have children — so that childlessness is a viable choice that is not frowned on.
    5. Closely examine any anti poverty measures that inadvertently “pay” people to have children. For example, an impoverished parent will often be eligible for Medicaid, while an impoverished adult with no dependents is not eligible for Medicaid. Same goes for food stamps. Parents should be supported in their decisions to raise children — society’s future depends on it — but if our population needs to be curbed ethically, we also need to be supportive of individuals who choose not to procreate. Too often in capitalism there is belief that society must allow the poor to suffer in order to incentivize them to better their position…all the while perpetuating a system that makes it very difficult for the poor to better their situation regardless of how much effort they put into their own betterment. Raising children in this situation is even more hellish, so we have all sorts of programs designed to mitigate the suffering somewhat for adults with dependent children. What we really need is to change the system that relies on poverty to prop itself up…at the very least, we can provide help to all who are impoverished and not just to parents.

(This list is not exhaustive…I welcome additions.)

John Day
    Participant

@Madamski : Thank You, Sister.
    I have found a Bill Gates CNN interview video that is not Twitter here: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bill-gates-on-the-next-few-months-of-the-coronavirus-pandemic-its-bad-news-11607893787
    I admit I had not watched it, but now I have. My read of Mr Bill is that he should not play high stakes poker.
    He is very pleased with himself numerous times in the interview, with a huge smile that he actually tries to suppress a few times to look appropriately serious. He always smiles when speaking glowingly of his own prior predictions, now come true, and the efforts of his foundation and their allies, and of the failures of the Trump Administration. He is very careful in choosing his words to give them no credit at all. He speaks glowingly of Biden and Fauci and all the big vaccines, and says he will take his shot in public, only when his turn comes. He implies this is a massive, life-saving good, and he wants to be in the same line as the common people. He says things will not be back to normal until 2022, but implies they may be better next summer. Nothing about vitamin-D, though his comments seem to imply that he is taking it into account, summer, and winter, and all.
    Again, Gates reads like a fairly open-faced book if you know where he has been coming from for the last 15 years. I read something telling by him, about 15 years ago. He was fascinated with vaccines, including vaccines as birth control. Now he does not say that.

@ Mr House: Nobody who is not in the God-play-group likes people who play god.
    It’s a clear threat.
    Bill Gates wants to play a very clever god, a smug and pleasant god, who deeply loves himself and invites all of us to do the same. It will be best for all of us.
    His obvious point would be that the least painful form of population reduction is birth-reduction.
    It’s less bad than war, pestilence, famine and death, but it does not exclude them.

What might I suggest as a counter-offer?
    I don’t play god. I don’t eat critters, because I practice non-violence.
    I am not a tyrant. I think that we should be past massive slaughter as a means of population control. We are technologically and intellectually able to leave it behind, but we have not yet fully found the societal disposition to leave it behind, not exactly.
    What I suggest is our human strong point, distributed problem solving in small groups. Nothing is assured, but it is what we, as a species, do best, and it is what has brought us to the point where we are about to extinct ourselves from success.
    Going forward, we will have the already-begun severe and permanent decline in global oil, natural gas and coal, especially the cheap, easy and high quality stuff that the permanent-growth economy needs.
    The change in direction has already taken place, but it has been mislabeled as COVID Pandemic.
    COVID has destroyed “demand” for the fuel and products that are now in decline, but we do not have to think they are in permanent decline. “Back-to-normal” just keep getting put off until later, while our owners work things out in THEIR smallish groups.
    The Davos-crowd, World Economic Forum clan may be as smug and self-satisfied as Mr Gates looks in the video, though it is going less-according-to-plan for many of them. At least they foresee destruction of their nationalist rivals, so they can work out one, big, good solution for all of humanity, and put it into action. It’s a work in progress, but they and their best experts are on it, all over it.
    I must disclose that what I advocate is not laid out at all, but the potential strength of it lies in customizing adaptation by specific locations and cultures and groups, like towns and churches and employee-owned -enterprises, for instance. Just everybody does homework in small groups for 30 years. That’s my suggestion.
    I’m doing my homework. My health remains good at 62.
    The supply lines are breaking globally. Merry Christmas. More and more things are out of stock. Noticed that?
    It’s time to invest, not to consume. Invest in what you need to survive, not in New York (if I may be so bold) or Phoenix (I’m now aware of your situation, Sister) , not in an isolated bunker, somewhere.
    Risks involve a lot of uncertainty, and an ideal situation in 2-3 years might be terrible in 12-13 years.
    We are renting a little half duplex from my Mom, in Austin, where we both work. The weather here won’t kill you, even without utilities. We have paid off the gardening “homestead” in Yoakum, population 6000, with a rail line, and agricultural and oil mixed economy. Oil is shot now. Eagleford shale fracking went black. That’s ok for the moment. What’s next? It’s a 2 hour drive each way. We spend weekends working there, and weekdays working our paid jobs. When will we have to choose one or the other?
    The country used a lot less gasoline in the 1970s, and a lot less of everything else.
    Recall gas lines?
    When will supply-destruction become apparent? With supply destruction as a limiter, you can’t buy what you need, and prices shoot up into hyperinflation. They sure will this time.
    Stagflation again; hyper-stag-flation…
    Can you learn to grow some of your food. Mainly, it gives you a comprehension of how difficult and uncertain it is, but you also develop skills and expertise. Perspective. Working-knowledge.
    Look to how you might survive for a month if the utilities go out. Grocery store utilities will be out, too.
    Gas pumps need electricity. Utilities need electricity. Phone systems need electricity.
    I’m not being extreme.
    The God-play-group will have to sacrifice billions of us, somewhat arbitrarily, I foresee.
    The birth-control-surprise cannot work fast enough to deal with the absolute decline that factory farming go though in 10-20 years. You may think my timeline is wrong. It might be. Some failures are bound to come sooner.
    Preparing some, physically preparing as much as you can, not just thinking, is better than not preparing.
    Do have a sensible, multi-purpose bike, and some spare tunes, tires, grease and tools.
    Ride it at least every other day.

Dr. D
    Participant

Back to the Peak Oil route, great Smith article:
    https://www.oftwominds.com/blogdec20/gasoline12-20.html

Extends the point here, but question: if all cars are electric, who uses the gasoline? Do you stop pumping oil and shut off asphalt, bunker, diesel, and jet? Do you dump the petrol in the river to get rid of it? Yeah, nobody’s thought of it, because it’s not about engineering or solutions: they’re up to something.

Post Script: After 20 years of all-stops investment and buildout, all renewables combined are now 4% of energy. You could increase it 10-fold and still half the people would die if you went Carbon-free. Luckily, 10x is not possible even in dreams. Present renewables would be hard-pressed to double to 8%.

Australia wins! By having a continent-wide totalitarian police state. In a fascist nation, the trains sure run on time. …Or else. Sure, you can’t speak and your kids die because they can’t cross the border to the other hospital, but that burger joint is great! Besides, in the U.S. we die AND we can’t get a burger, so who’s laughing now?

Going with Peak Oil here, suppose you knew Peak Oil, or you knew there was a Ice Age, comet, a micronova, or even as ridiculous and unscientific as the data is: Global Warming. So in 10-20 years, you KNOW, or at least believe, for an actual FACT that the weather will fail, and with it all crops worldwide.

So you’re the smart guys, the insiders, do you tell everyone and start a panic, instant in-fighting, cutting off all your tax revenue and supply lines? Do you find a way to radically reduce population with an “old age virus” that cuts human overhead, thereby slowing the impact speed of hitting the wall? And since the world to you is over, do you bother with rules, laws, insider trading, bailouts, payouts?

“It’s not a dream, you moron. It’s real. Anybody not wearing two million sunblock is gonna have a real bad day, get it?! You think you’re safe and alive? You’re already dead! Everybody! This whole place! Everything you see is gone! You’re the one living in a ****ing dream! You know I believe it so don’t F*** with me!!”

So from their perspective, it’s a mercy, a necessity as the brave, true leaders, the elect, the deep, caring, loving, shepherd of the herd.

From my perspective, they’re mad. driven insane with ego and hubris. The first thing you’d do is reduce the technical level to c1840, ruralize, and tell people as fast as you can to they can come up with a thousand ideas and solutions. Instead, they hypertechnicalized so THEY might escape the planet leaving us behind, over-concentrated, over-centralized, stripped life surface-wide, over-stressed, over-worked, over-extracted, over-complicated life to a degree that’s fatal even WITHOUT a disaster event. Everyone thinks they’re the good guy. Just strikes me from their actions what they’re really about, what would make them think they’re the good guys. While openly killing everyone they can find.

What would you think it is?

zerosum
    Participant

@phoenixvoice
    Getting your list on Biden’s agenda might be your first step

@John
    Day
    Biden might be too late to change the traditional way of population control.

Dr. D
    Participant

P.S. if you want to reduce tech to c1840 and allow everyone the freedom to play with fireworks and not wear a seatbelt, you’ll have a nice start on reducing population. …And increasing liberty and quality of life, something far more precious than GDP.

I have no idea how true this is, but it sure feelz right.

Poor young Billy had no friends and this made Billy sadly
    Filled with hatred and despair- it made young Billy madly
    Anxious to exact revenge- to make those people pay.
    He made enough to get his wish- and here we are today.

Poor young Tony had no friends -a hand held out in greeting
    Was drawn back quick with laughter, and this left poor Tony bleating:
    “I’ll get you back you rotten kids, I’ll get you back some way!”
    He got the power to get his wish- and here we are today.

Poor young Klaus was so ignored by everyone who knew him,
    His lonely brain was filled with ways to kill those who outgrew him.
    “I’ll make you suffer, first,” he growled, “in every single way!”
    He formed a club to help him out and here we are today.

So next time when some geeky kid who wants to join the party
    Comes bumbling in, his hand held out- just shake it good and hearty.
    Be nice to those who don’t fit in. Don’t make them cruelty’s prey
    Lest we end up in Payback Land like where we are today.

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ my parents said know:

I quite understand the benefits of abortion and birth control.

@ Mr. House:

I understand. But anointing leaders to god-like status is what humanity DOES. We have a very long history of it. To quote a fave song of mine:

“We will not mourn what we have not lost,
    We will learn to row with the oars we have got.”

Meaning that until someone figures out how to bell those enormously powerful fat cats playing God, I’ll tend to distance myself from howling about same: it takes energy away from dealing with the problems they and so many others, including wee little mice like you and I, create on the local level.

But, since we are humans and therefore must pretend to obey the directives of a man playing God, I nominate Putin. He’s got the look:

Putin As God

@ Dr. Day:

The technology of 1840 will likely elude us for sometime. I forsee something more neolithic with a rusty neo-Iron Age overlap. As for elitists’ visions of high tower castle fortress protection from the mess below, it will crumble rapidly, I firmly believe.

The illusion of control seems virtually universal. (A seeming illusion: sounds like an accurate description of this trhing we call reality.) Some bizarre fools, like Gates, cast their illusion on a globally vast screen because they can. Most of us cast ours on screens ranging from mega big screen to ipad scale becausae that’s all we can afford or all we want. Both illusions are, well, illusions, although the tiny ipad ones are comfortingly mobile to those who wish to see the world itself as part of their personal screen. (Humanity as a mise en abyme of a person viewing themself viewing themself from a cellphone. I fear such an app already exists?)

Fate is doing what Fate does. The illusion of humanity being in control of its fate, or being able to commandeer Fate, is just another thread in a tapestry that even on a tiny planetary scale is beyond our comprehension, much less the relationship between Fate and Cosmos, assuming the two are separate.

WES
    Participant

Dr. D.:

4% renewable energy currently and doubling it to 8% would be very hard as fossil fuel is required to sustain the current 4% share of world energy.

To reach 8% renewable energy would require the use of even more fossil fuels than we are currently using!

The real problem with our current 4% renewable energy is that it can not sustain itself without using fossil fuels!

WES
    Participant

Madamski:

I see you have nominated my good buddy Putin for Times Man of the Year!

I can tell that the top 1% globalists are very unhappy with what Putin has wrought!

Putin’s top central banker, is one hell of a smart lady!p

Bill7
    Participant

“Nothing can be done, ’cause Fate™ has agency over all!”

Mmm.

> But anointing leaders to god-like status is what humanity DOES.

Mmm, really. “humanity”? This human doesn’t..

ezlxa1949
    Participant

One way to reduce birth rates is to give women BOTH an education AND a measure of prosperity, i.e. SHARE the good things in life. Birth rates then seem to decline quite readily. Ages ago when I was a relatively new environmentalist I read or heard a report from Mali, where a woman was asked how many children she wanted. Her answer was eight. I thought this was a ridiculous ambition, that Mali couldn’t possibly support that many people. But later and upon reflection it struck me that her ambition was, for her society and her times, entirely reasonable. Eight children would provide a workforce for the farm and retirement security for the aged parents.

The World Bank website has data showing global GDP as having grown on average at 3% per annum since 1970. This means a doubling every 23 or 24 years. Growthism is built into the structure of the elites’ thinking; indeed, the neoliberal system needs constant growth or it will collapse and die. It cannot survive on non-growth.

Think about it: doubling every 23 years. Double the mining. Double the soil deplection. Double the wastes and run-off. Double the waste heat. And the politicians and economists will expect another doubling over the succeeding 23 years. Preferably a doubling over the succeeding 5 years.

How long can this go on?

Forever, because technology will always save us and outer space is chock full of stuff!

Bill7
    Participant

> Fate is doing what Fate does.

Tell us more, cuz you sound really, really smart.

“There’s nothing we [you little proles] can do!

mmm.

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ Bill7

There’s a difference between humanity and a human. Something to do with separate egos housed in separate bodies with separate consciousnesses. That’s one of the reasons why you are a Numbered Person, Bill7.

I sound smart? Guess I’ll have to settle for smart. We can’t all be geniuses:

Daringly Stupid

madamski cafone
    Participant

“Nothing can be done, ’cause Fate™ has agency over all!”

Well, if you say so, but I disagree. Control and agency have some overlap but are nonetheless separate things.

Bill7
    Participant

Tell us more about this collective “humanity” that takes these actions you attribute to it; and also, about how
    the actions of what you call “Fate” somehow, *somehow*, end up benefiting the Very Few 99.9% of the time..

“Fate”, my arse.

-Bill7

V. Arnold
    Participant

Clicking it gives you the very large version. Yes, it might be good to have some kind of overview of every element he put in there, and the meaning(s).

Thanks Ilargi; I’d forgotten to click to enlarge.
    I can’t say it helped much, but did make some details more clearly viewable.
    The date, 1870, is post Civil War, but I’m still at a loss for the title: The Genius of America…
    The bottom right corner doesn’t seem to show a free black man and woman…
    Oh well…

John Day
    Participant

@Madamski:
    I have given this considerable though and consideration for a long time.
    I think we should shoot for 1970, as an economic model, not 1840, then work it out from there going forward in a different direction.
    What are you thinking about a path forward?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.