Debt Rattle Feb 13 2014: Are Your Savings Safe From Bail-Ins?

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Feb 13 2014: Are Your Savings Safe From Bail-Ins?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Arthur Rothstein “Migrant agricultural workers, Deerfield, Florida” January 1937 I know you thought you’d seen some crazy stuff, but it’s going to get
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Feb 13 2014: Are Your Savings Safe From Bail-Ins?]

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Wouldn’t a bail in of funds above the FDIC implied insured amount of the worlds reserve currency end it’s reserve status? And wouldn’t that end once and for all, the FRB’s cartel? Why would they do that?

EconomicDisconnect
    Participant

I saw this today (using savings to bail in whatever) and while I knew it was coming it was still shocking. I mentioned it to some people at work, as an aside, and they were ADAMANT that it could never happen. After showing them the article they are still ADAMANT it cannot happen here. And when it does (MyRA anyone??) what will they do? Nothing at all. I quit caring, nothing can be done but watch.

bluebird
    Participant

Other than my ‘Sealy’ bank and in the ground, where else can people store extra cash? Are Short Term Treasury Bills still a viable option?

Ghung
    Participant

Reminds me of the scene from the movie “Amistad” when the slavers dump 50 slaves over the side of the ship, then move on, insisting that the rest of the slaves are doing just fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.