Debt Rattle February 12 2024

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 12 2024

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Oroboros
    Participant

It’s the economy stupid…

Meanwhile in the Hinterlands of Duh’merica, all’s not a smooth ride…..

Oh no! The Chicken then has to Pole Dance now

Oroboros
    Participant

The Führer Bunker takes on getting Trump off the ballot

D Benton Smith
    Participant

One last report before I take a break from writing and get back to the routine of research and review. Most of you are aware of the rampant mass formation psychosis that is gripping and thrashing the world, but are you also aware of what the psychotic delusional “fix” is that everyone has glommed onto as the solution for their overwhelming problems of lonliness, disconnection and chronic hyper anxiety?

What crazy falsehood have they set up as an object of worship that NO ONE CAN BE ALLOWED TO CHALLENGE?

Well, I’ll tell ya, but I’ll probably get “cancelled” for saying it. It’s money.

And the psychosis which preceded THAT psychotically false obsessive belief, was the dingbat crazy notion idea that your “self” was the only thing of value that mattered (and thus served above all else) and that your “self” was not RIGHTFULLY SUBORDINATE to God. Truly nutso. Just ask one of them. They’ll tell you the same crazy thing that makes no sense whatsoever : that there is no Creator of the creation they’re living in.

John Day
    Participant

Lloyd Austin hospitalized again:

Def. Sec. Austin Turns His Duties Over to His Deputy

zerosum
    Participant

…. must accept the “new reality” no matter how “painful”…

They don’t even care if you know the false statements

…. the worst-case scenario, of a massive exodus from Ukraine

… the worst-case scenario, Russia Must Permanently Abandon Europe And Turn Fully To Asia (Karaganov)

….. the worst-case scenario, “People Power” win – Farmers Bring Poland To Standstill (RT)

….. the worst-case scenario, cannot repay debt,

…. the worst-case scenario, • Peaceful Protests Are a Waste of Time and Energy (Paul Craig Roberts)

…. the worst-case scenario, THE CRIME OF THE CENTURY : THE MIDAZOLAM MURDERS

———-

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Lloyd Austin gets what he deserves for not following his butt doctor’s strict orders. Post surgery, doctor’s orders to Austin were for him to refrain from all sexual activity for at least 12 more weeks.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Iran is now using the term “Zionist Entity” rather than the word Israel. I like it because it’s accurate and does not remove the possibility of the survival of a nation of that name (but not Zionist or exclusively Jewish owned and operated). Accurate, but not catchy or easy to roll off the tongue. We’ll just have to wait and see if it catches on.

Oroboros
    Participant

to put Lloyd’s saga into perspective:

17 year-old Juliane Koepcke was sucked out of an airplane in 1971 after it was struck by a bolt of lightning. She fell 2 miles to the ground, still strapped to her seat, landed in the tree canopy and survived after she endured 10 days in the Amazon Jungle.

Out of 93 passengers and crew, Juliane was the only survivor of the LANSA flight 508 crash that took place December 24th, 1971.

Still here, takes a lickin’, keeps on ticking

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Taliban in Gaza? It could happen [ link: https://youtu.be/B3d3d2wNxwk?si=qfumIK9ZegEMu4lE ] and if it does happen, then I think Israel better skedaddle like a cockroach when the lights go on.

I had to go back to yesterday’s parrot video. And I’ll probably watch it again after I post.

Biden’s background flags are not trimmed in gold. Trump’s flags still are. Also, Biden’s flags are cheap printed ones, not embroidered and sewn.

I read the word philanthropath on ZH “comments” quite a while back. I kind of like the other version of the portmanteau: psycho-pissed.

Must have been using BlahkChān(TM) Translation along with NTent(TM) AI. That Oz presentation of Putin on Nordstream was spot on. 😉
    (btw, my apologies if I have stolen the real name of a some real company…How many made up mangled words can be used to name companies? -or drugs….?)

Back to the parrot.

WES
    Participant

True or False?

The US sanctioned Russia to isolate and hurt Russia.

The US issued sanctions against Russia to isolate and hurt Americans.

Dr. D
    Participant

Neither, when the mouth-breathing crayon-munchers suggested it, the Larry Johnsons at the CIA said, “It won’t work at all, but make Russia strong, independent, and end U.S. hegemony as as Empire”, and Trump said, “Done.”

Because it takes about 100 years for anything to sink into their ant-like chitinous skulls, the next admin saw how it didn’t work, made Russia stronger, and so deca-tripled down. We’re on Sanction 14, right? “Revenge of Segal” “Death Wish 11” sanctions?

Explain to me how you couldn’t know AFTER it had already happened eleven times.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@WES

True, and also True.

Next questions on the quiz.

Is it :

[True or False ?] The biggest players on Team East are the ones who tricked , blackmailed and bribed America to do those things to itself.

[True or False ?] The Americans had for centuries given them no other choice or way to defend themselves.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

My reply to the Globalist Cabal:

Hey, thanks for the swell cultures civilizations, nations and technologies we are inheriting now that you’re leaving. If you hadn’t been messing with us so hard for so long , we might never have gotten around to doing it. However, now that we’ve figured out what you’ve been up to and how you’ve been up to it, we’re going to have to throw your sorry butts out in the wilderness to fend for your thoroughly disabled selves. Nothing personal. Just business.

Just the same, so long and thanks for all the fish.

zerosum
    Participant

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68271340
    Israel rescues two hostages in Rafah amid deadly strikes
    Cost ….

100,000 bombs
    2.5 millions Palestinians
    Genocide
    Revenge of middle east
    End of Israel
    ———–

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Tucker Carlson happily being grilled with forthright questions in Dubai, at summit meeting of the worlds governments, and forthright answers are forthcoming. link: https://www.youtube.com/live/h2xa7hHMUho?si=Rs_fQNB_rS51diBn

Oroboros
    Participant

Putin’s message to the west w/ Jeffrey Sachs

The Duh’merican public is so willfully stupid and unsophisticated it would take a hundred years of actual education and profound study for even the slightest whisper of a chance of a hint for a little awareness about an accurate picture of world affairs to emerge in their tiny Attention Span Deficit consciousness.

And that’s being extremely generous.

What ever…

Little hope of enlightenment, maybe a good pencil sharpener would help…

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

More Tucker, … as he takes part in World Government Summit. Quite feisty bugger!

F.S.

tboc
    Participant

forthright answers!?!?!?

The government of The Russian Federation was spooked when they learned the CIA was spying on United States citizens. This perspective is novel, to say the least, the fact is a man named Snowden has refuge in The Russian Federation for more than ten years.

Were one a judicious and disciplined human being known for courage, honor and duty and donned the atire of a court jester – a fool, he would remain a judicious and disciplined human being.

On the other hand if a court jester – a fool were to don any costume other than his normal attire he would remain a court jester – a fool.

A master mechanic uses a tool appropriate to the task. In the event a fool is needed a fool will be used.

zerosum
    Participant

They don’t even care if you know the false statements
    They assume that you cannot do anything about their lies.
    Will World Government Summit be any different.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Covertly messing around with another country’s internal affairs (which is NOT the same thing as merely spying upon what that other country is secretly up to!) is an actual hostile act of war, plain and simple. Clearly it is not a friendly act, and just as clearly it is done IN OPPOSITION to what that other has decided to accomplish what it feels it must in its own interests. In other words, it is by its very nature AGAINST that countries’ perceived best interests.

Putin is telling the West to stop doing that. Stop deliberately trying to do things that the US KNOWS to be against other countries’ self determined efforts to do the best thing for itself and its population. The West, of course, wants nothing to do with ceasing or desisting, because it knows damned well what it is doing, and why. It WANTS to take the other country as an overt act of aggression, and doesn’t care a fig about whether the victim likes it or not. The US will stop when it is MADE to stop.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@tboc

Carlson may be a rookie, neophyte, beginner, newbie, and starry eyed idealist all rolled into one, but he is no fool. That’s why he was chosen for his role in the Anglo-Russo Peace Talks that Putin desires (and which are going happen in one form or another in one way or the other anyway, no matter what.)

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Just saw a headline over on Zero Hedge that read, “Stocks Hit All Time High On “New Era In Productivity And Profitability”

Well, thank goodness for that! I was really worried there for a while.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Every time I see some *couch potato generalissimo* wield his keyboard armament, or some wannabe social media *star*, proclaim that Biden won’t make it to NOV 2024 as THE candidate, I literally ROFLOL 😉

C’mon man! He’s worked purrfecto thus far, didn’t 2020’s psyop put him where he is now?

Isn’t everyone literally bogged down with cringing cognitive dissonance due to his award winning performance (art?) as Herr Kommandant und Chef?!?

Hasn’t he skated on *every* single criminal charge to date?

Hasn’t We The People clearly been shown to possess no appetite, desire or wherewithal to throw The Bums out-of-office?!?

It’s clear They’re hoping Resident Biden can hold on for 9 months more, after which time They only have to roll ol’ Joe out for inauguration day, whereas he can hang in the basement with Dr. Jill, perhaps do a green screen here & there…

C’mon man! Imagine what Obummer would do with the Golden Billion writing him blank checks & Horrorwood on speed dial!

Oh, you think Orange Man Baddy still has a shot at saving normal, productive “Americans”…

Do you think that’s air *TRUTH* you’re breathing THINKING now?

• Might Makes Right The Dominant Fiction •

Celticbiker
    Participant

Phoenix…..what is golf carts, Alex?

tboc
    Participant

DBS how many episodes did Carlson host on Fox News? What is his family background?
    I respect your opinion, our opinions differ. I am old enough to remember the day Walt Kelly published his famous cartoon regarding the environment. I understood the environment he, as a veteran of the US armed forces, was referencing. Nothing has changed in the United States since the cartoon was published except we are “another day older and deeper in debt”.(Merle Travis -Ernie Ford)

ref: Carlson
    Anyone in his socioeconomic condition that believes they can pull the no one messes with a “Biden” schtick is a court jester.

Anyone in the age of instant communication that believes the 85% +- of the world not a product of western education believes a history of being a host on FOX news lends them some credibility is a court jester.

Anyone who forfeited their first amendment rights for thirty pieces of silver, regulary delivered, is a court jester. Relinquishing the right of free association for job security and political advantage is the mark of a fool.

Anyone who willingly lies about the need to murder children to keep the United States of America safe is a court jester. Anyone who lies and says that, starving, poisoning, maiming and murdering children, does not happen by refusing to report conditions accurately is a fool and a water carrier for the likes of Hillary or Pompeo.

There is a difference between being clever and having a high level of intellectual capacity. There is a difference between presenting yourself as having had a road to Damascus moment and having that moment.

I will never accept that murdering more than a million human beings in the last twenty three years has been in the interest of “We the people”. To be blunt, I will consider anyone who takes the position the foreign policy of the United States over the last forty seven years has been anything but malicious and murderous a court jester. Chess board or not.

tboc
    Participant

DBS my tone is that of one who is having their heart and soul ripped from their chest. There are two human beings I can speak openly to. Please accept when I post here, I speak to the ether and not to you personally.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

POLL:

What color is Tucker Carlson’s hat?

A> White

B> Grey

C> Black

• Might Makes Right The Dominant Fiction •

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@tboc

DBS my tone is that of one who is having their heart and soul ripped from their chest. There are two human beings I can speak openly to. Please accept when I post here, I speak to the ether and not to you personally.

I guess I’m doing a little bit better than two (and I’m grateful) , because I think I have three such people, who I can talk with fully, frankly and openly without inciting a riot). So, I really do get what you say about “speaking to the ether”.

My views on Tucker are more generous to him than yours, but almost every estimate I make of another human being is subject to instant recalibration if they show true colors different than the colors I previously saw in them, Tucker included. If he accepts genocidal sacrifice of children I will put a stake through his heart.

aspnaz
    Participant

You may have forgotten this battle:

The Energy Policy Act of 1992, passed by a Democratic Congress and signed by Republican President George H.W. Bush, set the maximum flow rate for showers at 2.5 gallons per minute. Now the Trump administration has increased that rate, which Trump calls inadequate to wash his “beautiful hair.”

From democrat heartland … https://theconversation.com/in-a-last-minute-rule-change-the-trump-administration-rolls-back-water-saving-standards-for-showerheads-145278

Yes, the USA “Land of the free” has had a law in place for 25 years that restricts the flow through your showerhead to 2.5 gallons per minute (2 gallons per minute in California). So, instead of the municipality building new reservoirs, or even restricting your household water use, the law comes into your home and tells you how you can use water. How intrusive is that? Where is the freedom in that? Signed by George W, Trump wanted to repeal it.

I did not realise until doing some research that Americans basically are not allowed power showers; wow, what a bummer.

The reason I got into this is that I am considering what changes we have to make to our power supply if we were to move our appliances to electricity – this is just research, we have no intention of doing this. The power shower runs off a gas bottle and, when turned up, can run two showers simultaneously, delivers over 8 gallons per minute. Now I have to consider how to get that 8 gallons per minute into electricity, which would mean something like a 26kw on-demand water heater.

A 26kw appliance in any country could only be driven by an industrial supply, meaning a 3-phase supply which is not even available to many USA households. It is available where I live, although the price of heating water by electricity is way more expensive than heating it by gas. And have you seen the price of 3-phase water heaters, they are ridiculously expensive compared to a gas bottle heater.

I don’t know how this rule impacted water consumption in the USA, but it seems to me that the USA uses a lot of water, but obviously not on plebs having showers (1 gallon = 4 liters):

The average domestic water use per person in the U.S. was 98-US-gallon (370 L) per day in 2005,[73] and 88-US-gallon (330 L) per day in 2010.[1] This is about 2.2 times as high as in England (150 Liter)[74] and 2.6 times as high as in Germany (126 Liter).[75][76]

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_supply_and_sanitation_in_the_United_States.

Investigating this whole area made me realise that freedom in the USA is not what it seems. Instead of the government building new infrastructure to deal with the demands of its people, it instead interferes in how the people live, trying to restrain their behaviour. I wonder how much water is used by industry, by golf courses etc, I bet their processes are not as micro managed as the average person’s shower time.

The fuck you society.

WES
    Participant

Implementing The Final Solution:

I am just waiting to see if the Israelis drive the Gaza Palestinians into the Sinai.
    After 100 plus days in Gaza, the Israelis army has proven to be incompetent at mass genocide.
    The Zionists politicians and their bankers must be very disappointed by these events.
    Killing 27,000 of 1,700,000 Palestinians is more than 1% but a bit short of the required 100% final solution.
    Is starvation taking too long?
    Since Egypt joined BRICS, maybe the Sinai Peace Treaty is now expendable?
    The US never honors any peace treaties.
    Just waiting for the final solution to be implemented.
    Even the Palestinians must be tired of waiting too./s

zerosum
    Participant

President Biden and Jordan’s King Abdullah II delivered remarks Monday afternoon following a meeting at the White House. The president and the king both discussed how they are invested in pushing for a new cease-fire in Gaza and getting more humanitarian assistance into the region.
    ————
    Next.
    Trudeau’s turn to respond to demand for a ceasefire.

https://www.pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2024/02/11/his-majesty-king-abdullah-ii-jordan-visit
    The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today announced that His Majesty King Abdullah II of Jordan will visit Canada on February 14, 2024.

During the visit, the two leaders will discuss peace and security in the Middle East. They will consider how to expand the urgent delivery of rapid, unimpeded humanitarian relief for civilians in Gaza, support for a sustainable ceasefire, and the path towards lasting peace for the region.
    ———-

tboc
    Participant

Those who remember Mr. Putin in Munich in 2007 and had the good fortune to have read the two essays Mr. Putin published late in 2021 had a memory refresher with the interview.

A person who is not of The Eastern Rite, an Orthodox Christian, or a follower of The Messenger, all blessings be with him, who has no knowledge of Eastern history or philosophy and considers themself a product of The Enlightenment, WILLS not to understand. When compromise is seen as an opening for exploitation there will be no compromise and the yeast will consume the sugar and poison itself.

i know you tire of me

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Freedom vs Regulation is maybe the most basic of all our never-ending battles. Want some more civilized comfort? Well it’s gonna cost ya another chunk of freedom. As a dichotomy it’s right up there with truth vs lies and good vs bad. The way I see it, most (if not all) of the conveniences we enjoy as a result of being all collaborative, organized and systematized is just a measurement of much full-on freedom we have yielded in payment.

Satanists reckon they wanna be their own boss no matter what. Me, on the other hand, I see myself as a free-willed voluntary slave of God. Like the old saying goes, “You buys your ticket and you takes your ride.”

WES
    Participant

Aspnaz:

Your post on water reminds me of San Francisco forcing everyone to install that low flow toilets!
    Only to find out there no longer was enough water flow to keep the sewer pipes from clogging up!
    This force the city to install constant water flow into the sewer pipes!
    Before the required sewer water flow self regulated itself, throughout the day, by depending upon the number of flushes at any given moment.
    The constant water flow has to be set for the worst case, daily peak toilet use, so it is less efficient.
    Not only that, before each toilet user paid for the water.
    Now the city has to directly pay for the extra water being used!

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@tboc

A person who is not of The Eastern Rite, an Orthodox Christian, or a follower of The Messenger, all blessings be with him, who has no knowledge of Eastern history or philosophy and considers themself a product of The Enlightenment, WILLS not to understand. When compromise is seen as an opening for exploitation there will be no compromise and the yeast will consume the sugar and poison itself.”

I don’t find that tiring at all. I never tire of then truth. It makes me a little anxious from time to time, and often remorseful or defensive of shortcomings, but never tired.

thomasjkenney
    Participant

@low-flow showers

Shower heads for US markets have a restrictor plate installed. Ditto most faucets intended for home install. It’s easy to remove in the faucets, can be trickier in the shower heads. If you order from Amazon, it is very likely (my last 3) the fixture arrives without a restrictor plate… i.e. intended for non-US sale.

There was a time, mid ’70s, drought mitigation was rage. Friends down the street from me were peeing in a bottle (a ‘proto-woke’ family). Bulletins were published about how to put an object in your toilet tank to reduce the amount of water per flush.

John Day
    Participant

Meet Dr. Kathleen Hicks – SecDef Austin’s Presumptive Replacement Woke Deep-Stater
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/meet-dr-kathleen-hicks-secdef-austins-presumptive-replacement-woke-deep-stater

John Day
    Participant

Short Term Trust https://drjohnsblog.substack.com/p/short-term-trust

This article below is like many you have seen, and it is clearly the case, as far as it goes, but what cannot be repaid, or even serviced for interest, will be defaulted upon by some mechanism when others refuse to continue to lend more money to service debt payments. We can see that spending has been “pulled forward from the future” by means of buying-on-credit. We can likely see that the loans can’t be “repaid” for many reasons, and we can see that many nations are servicing their debts by borrowing money to pay the interest.
    Lending requires faith that the contract between lender and borrower will be honored. There are many reasons not to have such faith, but one might still want to stay in the game if it would not crash this year, or in the next 6 months, or before one would get a clear enough sign to exit immediately. Many investors have exited, already.
    What form(s) will debt default take this time around? It is likely that the complexity of derivatives contracts and asset-“ownership” structures will leave most “holders” of stocks and bonds without a claim which they can actually exercise on a pool of real-wealth which is some small fraction of the claims held upon it.
    How will this be managed politically? Will all retirement plans lose everything? The structure would hold them to be mostly unsecured-creditors after the holders of derivatives contracts, and the holder-of-record of the securities they “own”, which means “have an unsecured claim upon financial-returns from”.
    When Roosevelt collected all of the gold in America and then devalued the dollar against gold, that was a default on debts. When Nixon took America off the gold standard, that was a repudiation of debt-payable-in-gold, another default. This upcoming debt-default will necessarily be larger, since the economy of the future will be contracting, not expanding, and borrowing has been on a vast scale, never seen before..
    In whose hands will the power lie to decide how the real wealth remaining will actually be divided among the many weak and powerful holders of excess-claims upon that wealth.
    Soaring debt pushing wealthy nations to ‘fiscal death’ – economist​ , Global borrowing topped a record $300 trillion last year
    ​ “I would expect that some of the bigger countries that don’t address their debt issues will die a slow fiscal death,” Laffer said, adding that some emerging economies “could quite conceivably go bankrupt.” While low-income countries are at high risk of debt distress, repaying debt would be particularly problematic for high-income countries due to an aging population and a lack of workforce.
    https://swentr.site/business/592093-global-debt-fiscal-debt/

​ Farmers bring Poland to standstill​ [Farmers have already been maximally bled. Figure out some other strategy to service debt and pay for wars.]
    ​ The trade union called out the Polish government for readily accepting the EU’s guidelines on the “import of agricultural produce and food products from Ukraine.” The protesters also called the position adopted by Brussels at the latest EU summit “unacceptable.”
    ​ Similar rallies were held across Poland in January. A separate protest by another group of farmers and truckers blocking a key border crossing with Ukraine saw Prime Minister Donald Tusk’s government capitulate to the protesters’ demands, which included reinstating a permit system for Ukrainian truckers, adopting government subsidies for Polish corn, and a moratorium on tax hikes.
    https://swentr.site/news/592279-poland-farmers-protest-ukraine-eu/

​Paul Craig Roberts presents the case that sociopaths only respond to force which resists and thwarts the exercise of their will. [Non-violent farmers are getting results.]
    Peaceful Protests Are a Waste of Time and Energy
    ​ It appears that one-tenth of a million Gazans have already been killed or maimed by the American-financed and militarily-supplied Israeli intended genocide of the remnants of the Palestinian population, a people who have been evicted from their lands and villages bit by bit since 1947.
    ​ This time the violence is massive, and only the Houthis, a poor population in Yemen that survived years of Washington-inspired attacks from Saudi Arabia, has lifted a hand to help the Palestinians.
    ​ The “civilized West” responded to the Israeli genocide of the Palestinians by cancelling their contributions to the UN agency that provides Palestinians with humanitarian aid. Consequently, now 1,000,000 Palestinians are facing starvation as Israel has blocked food deliveries and medicines, knocked out the water supply, hospitals, sanitation, and intends to drive any surviving Palestinians into Egypt.

Peaceful Protests Are a Waste of Time and Energy

​ A bold assertion here, but “Biden” already can’t “be president”. Deep-state-club-member Obama needs a new puppet.
    Texas Lieutenant Governor Says ‘Deep State Run by Barack Obama’ Has Pulled the Rug Out from Under Biden
    ​ Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick of Texas said a Department of Justice report that described President Joe Biden as an “elderly man with a poor memory” is proof enough for him Democrats are going with a different candidate in November.
    ​ The memo, along with Biden’s late Thursday news conference, means that those who are pulling the strings in the Democratic Party are forcing Biden out, Patrick claimed. He specifically blamed former President Barack Obama and the deep state.
    ​ Patrick made the comments on social media Friday morning, where he also predicted Americans could see former first lady Michelle Obama on their ballots this fall.

Texas Lieutenant Governor Says ‘Deep State Run by Barack Obama’ Has Pulled the Rug Out from Under Biden

John Day
    Participant

Bobby Kennedy Jr. Points out that BlackRock owns the American military contractors that get a captive customer base from every new NATO member, and are getting the great majority of the money allocated for the war in Ukraine. That’s why “we” have to have wars and NATO has to keep expanding.

Ceasefire or truce? Any Gaza deal could break Netanyahu’s coalition​ , The fate of Israel’s coalition government now hangs on a Gaza agreement.
    A short truce will continue the war and Tel Aviv’s global censure. A full ceasefire will deliver a Hamas victory.
    https://thecradle.co/articles/ceasefire-or-truce-any-gaza-deal-could-break-netanyahus-coalition

​ Netanyahu Doubles Down on Plans to Attack Rafah Despite Growing Criticism
    It’s estimated 1.5 million Palestinians are packed into Rafah, which had a pre-war population of 275,000

Netanyahu Doubles Down on Plans to Attack Rafah Despite Growing Criticism

​ Israeli army approves plan for ground offensive in Rafah
    ​ “The plan will be presented when the army is requested to do so,” Army Chief of Staff Herzi Halevi said during a Cabinet session as cited by the Israeli public broadcaster KAN.
    The Israeli army plans to launch a ground offensive in Rafah, home to more than 1 million residents seeking refuge from war, to defeat what Tel Aviv calls the remaining “Hamas battalions.”
    https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/israeli-army-approves-plan-for-ground-offensive-in-rafah/3134415

​ Egypt Threatens to Suspend Key Peace Treaty if Israel Pushes Into Gaza Border Town, Officials Say
    ​ Egypt is threatening to suspend its peace treaty with Israel if Israeli troops are sent into the densely populated Gaza border town of Rafah, and says fighting there could force the closure of the territory’s main aid supply route, two Egyptian officials and a Western diplomat said Sunday.
    ​ The threat to suspend the Camp David Accords, a cornerstone of regional stability for nearly a half-century, came after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said sending troops into Rafah was necessary to win the four-month-old war against the Palestinian militant group Hamas.
    https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/02/11/egypt-threatens-suspend-key-peace-treaty-if-israel-pushes-gaza-border-town-officials-say.html

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.