Debt Rattle February 15 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 15 2016

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

John M. Fox Garcia Grande newsstand, New York 1946 • Japan’s Economy Shrinks 1.4% As Abenomics Is Blown Off Course (Guardian) • China Imports Plunge –
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 15 2016]

NooBoob
    Participant

Why Solar, Wind And CCS Won’t Work

All of humanity’s electrical grid generation is only 18% of total world power demand.
    82% of this demand is NOT electrical grid generation.
    This 82% is used to make roads, bricks, steel, glass and food.
    If all humanity got 50% of grid power from renewables by 2050,
    that would be just 9% of total world energy demand.
    Interesting? Yes, the truth can be like that.
    If you would like to know more about the truth and want to learn more about reality click here:

No Soil & Water Before 100% Renewable Energy
    https://lokisrevengeblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/24/no-soil-water-before-100-renwable-energy/

Greenpa
    Participant

Right now is a splendid time to observe the “mood steering” practiced by the Owners. It’s very particularly interesting because there is steering going on providing pushes in both directions; mindless optimism, and mindless pessimism.

This article by Reuters is a wonderful example:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-markets-idUSKCN0VO00Y

The headline: “Global shares climb as firmer Chinese yuan eases deflation fears”
    First sentence: “World stocks rose sharply on Monday as China’s central bank fixed the yuan at a much stronger rate and oil cemented recent gains, easing fears of global deflation.” And we all know Reuters speaks only pure unbiased data-driven truth.

Pushing up, yes? And the next sentence, to be sure you realize how expert they are, points out that this great news is actually contrary to all data. But you and I know things are actually totally rosy. Nudge nudge wink wink.

My translation of this article – they are authoritatively calling an up mood; while simultaneously feeding fear; hoping to make the market even more volatile. And if you’re expecting volatility, you can make money in both directions of course. You can expect to see headlines tomorrow that read “Market maintains rally for second day!” (I’ve actually seen that exact headline.)

Much of the later article is written in very skillful doublespeak; which if put into symbolic logic would sum up to zero – but which will leave Hopeful with a lot of hope. Supplied by an expert.

The present Trump phenomenon is a fabulous illustration of how easy it is to lead those who desperately want to be led. Reason makes no difference to them; and they eagerly proclaim that; they are above logic. The same crowd control methods are at work in the “investors” world.

Greenpa,

Have I got just the Trump for you. Brilliant. The entire ‘debate’ has been brought down to his level, which is where he can’t possibly lose. Again, brilliant.

It’s Groucho:

“Well, Art is Art, isn’t it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.”

“Stand up, stand up, What a Hat!”

It’s genius!

Greenpa
    Participant

LOL!! Thanks so much, Ilargi – yes, gorgeous.

I find I can introduce the Marx Brothers to young folk (under 30) with “They were Monty Python, before there was Monty Python.” I’m fascinated they know Python, but they usually do; with quotes.

They’re all pathological habitual liars, but he’s so much better at it. And maybe the most important thing of all is he brings humor to the scene. None of the others could even spell the word. When Jeb said he was sick of Trump talking down his family, W, and even his mom Barbara, he added: “she’s the strongest woman I know”. And of course Trump said: “well, she should run then.”

Simply very good, perfect riposte. A disaster for a president, but hey, what else do you got? H.W., Bill, W., Barracks? Really, it can get worse?

Chris M
    Participant

Raul,

Yes. It can get worse.

Trump, in some ways, is an enigma. It’s hard to know what the outcome of him and his phenomenon will be. Here are some of the things I have heard people say:

“Trump is really an agent of Hilary. He’s agreed to throw the election to her.”
    “Trump really doesn’t want the presidency. He’s just doing this for himself and his brand.”
    “Trump is really a liberal, he has no business running as a Republican. We can’t trust him.”
    “The Republican establishment will never let him have the nomination. At the convention, they’ll use every trick they can think of to get ‘their guy’ nominated.”
    “If Trump does get ‘stiffed’ by the establishment, he will run as an independent and throw the election to Hillary.”
    “In doesn’t matter if Trump is a conservative or not, if he gets two or three things done that the country needs, it will be better than what we’ll get from Hillary or Bernie.”

And then I heard this today:

“If Trump gets elected, the powers that be will assassinate him before the inauguration. The country will be thrown in chaos, trying to figure out who will be president then.”

Got that?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.