Debt Rattle February 23 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 23 2016

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Dorothea Lange “Men on ‘Skid Row’, Modesto, California” 1937 • Barclays Says Sharp Yuan Devaluation Needed (BBG) • Standard Chartered Plunges 12% On A
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 23 2016]

jal
    Participant

Gitmo final solution:
    Release, track, execute

jal
    Participant

Gitmo final solution:

ps. housing for Trump, Sanders and their revolutionaries

VisionHawk
    Participant

My goodness….. a surreal moment….. is someone actually talking sense about Syria?

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/333344-syria-ceasefire-agreement-truce/

rapier
    Participant

DO’s technosphere is a well fleshed out idea and even a movement. Usually called the Singularity but more properly called the technological singularity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

It even has its own ‘university’.
    https://singularityu.org/

The basic idea goes back to an idea attributed to John von Neuman one of the founders of computing. The basic idea is of self replicating machines. Dismiss the idea that such will come to be but be aware that in a way most everything we see in the ‘economy’ is directed towards such a goal and the elites are, consciously or not, all in. As I put it the arrow of history is pointing in such a direction.

It seems likely however that economic and political dislocation will turn that arrow away short of its goal. I sort of assume that anarchy will play a part. I hesitate to say this but In an odd way ISIS is the first full flowering of absolute total rejection of technological progress.

Nassim
    Participant

“ISIS is the first full flowering of absolute total rejection of technological progress. ”

Well, they seem to be quite happy with the weaponry – e.g. TOW missiles supplied to them by the USA – via Saudi Arabia and then Turkey.

It is important not to fall for the trap of thinking that this is some sort of civil war. Lots of Syrians are switching sides back to the government as they were coerced into these terror groups. Their government is offering them a full amnesty. That is obviously never mentioned in the MSM.

As for the Uzbeks, Afghanis, Egyptians, Libyans, Turkmen, Kazakhs, Saudis, Chechins and so on it is another matter. They deserve the fate that awaits them. BTW, some of the Chechins are double agents and are reporting the location of the leaders of the movement.

Also, it is worth noting that the banks accounts used by ISIS and its benefactors in the West have not been frozen – far from it. The authorities are far more interested in catching people who have failed to file their IRS forms on time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.