Debt Rattle February 23 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 23 2023

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

V. Arnold at #129740
    I did not say forget. But in the future (wherever did ‘going forward come from other than ‘neocon mentality’) to find a healthy balance, only some form of forgiveness will be required, what form that will take cannot be known but can be foreseen. Non-forgiveness can only lead to distress without remedy; not a way I would chose to conduct my life but will not demand it of others either. That is my milage.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Re: the discussion about which dominates, City of London or Washington. There is circumstantial evidence that Washington began to dominate after 1942 insofar as Brettin Woods, the shifting from Pound to Dollar as reserve currency went ahead without much of a fight. And when Britain got into strife over the Suez Canal in 1956, Washington stood back and watched Britain go under.

Regarding Airstrips, one of the biggest crimes of the mid-1960s was the removal of the indigenous population of Gacia Diego (Chago Islanders) by the government of Airstrip One -effectively genocide- to provide a new airstrip for Airstrip Two to use. That crime was perpetrated by the [fake] Labour government of Harold Wilson.

Just Some Randomer
    Participant

@afktt “And when Britain got into strife over the Suez Canal in 1956, Washington stood back and watched Britain go under.”

Which, in my mind, is exactly what the majority of the world is now doing viz the US/West in Ukraine. It’s an old story – once all-powerful and glorious empire fails to note that its time is done and continues to perform the bully routine that worked so well in the past even as its true power has been well and truly hollowed out.

The rest of the world notices though. My theory is that Ukraine is to the US what Suez was to Britain – the moment when the world pushes back and the Empire finds itself flat on its backside wondering where all its power and prestige went.

zerosum
    Participant

There is a saying about where fool go/walk/tread.
    The world noticed, when the giants are battling, avoid getting hurt, stay off the battlefield.
    ————

John Day
    Participant

“Neurontin” (long off-patent as gabapentin) really IS good for other uses than controlling seizures. It is particularly useful for neurological pain, and is not addictive, nor does it tend to quit working.
    It helps maybe half of people with neurological pain, and seldom completely.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.