Debt Rattle February 27 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 27 2018

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lewis Wickes Hine Mother and child, Ellis Island, New York 1907 • Stock Market Rests Happily on Smoldering Powder Keg (WS) • China’s Bailouts Won’t En
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 27 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I’ve decided, quite on my own, it’s all bullshit!
    The Rabbit hole is real; just don’t go there. But of course you will…
    Here, the weather is fine; clear sailing, no lee shore, and no breakers ahead.
    I’ll give my Falmouth cutter her head; and sail on…
    I would hope, in the future, we’ll all learn how to sail that true course…

SteveB
    Participant

“Burn baby burn.”

Dismal inferno.

anticlimactic
    Participant

“US will overtake Russia as top oil producer by 2019”

Errm! Well, yes and no.

I have seen a few convincing articles arguing that it takes more energy to extract oil and gas from shale than the well actually produces, and that in effect they are Ponzi schemes.

Fracking has been used hundreds of thousands of times over the past 60 years and is standard practice for any oil and gas recovery, however they are usually dealing with large deposits whereas shale fracking is creating small pockets. Initial output can be large but rapidly diminishes.

THE U.S. SHALE OIL INDUSTRY: Swindling & Stealing Energy To Stay Alive

It is surprising how much US wealth is based on the value of companies which seem to have no prospect of ever producing a profit!

Nassim
    Participant

“Once East Ghouta is liberated from Al-Qaeda, the world will see the same response from its inhabitants as the world saw once East Aleppo was liberated: jubilation. And, like with East Aleppo, East Ghouta will serve as another testimony about the facade that is the White Helmets.”

Quite correct. I hope they put on TV the British and French special forces who are there. I guess if they did so, they would be accused of violating the human rights of these savages – or the rules of war.

I am in the strange situation of being a guest of a friend of mine in the English Midlands – we have known each other for 48 years – and he, a retired GP, believes every piece of nonsense that the BBC spews out about Syria and gas, Russia’s fake doping scandal etc. It is a real education for me. I am really impressed by how powerful the media is and how little critical thinking otherwise intelligent people seem to do.

In much of the world, if you don’t see through government propaganda, you are toast.

V. Arnold
    Participant

anticlimactic
    Yep, I’ve seen the same articles; Ponzi scheme best describes the scam of fracking.
    The west is a Potemkin Democracy and all full of puffery.
    I live in a country ruled by a military junta (twice in 8 years), and corrupt as hell; yet, it is preferable to my existence in the U.S.. And, I don’t fear the police…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.