Debt Rattle February 4 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 4 2018

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

John William Waterhouse Hylas and the Nymphs 1896   • A Tale Of Two Americas (Axios) • Today’s Market Is Biding Its Time Until It Becomes Normal
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 4 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I’m somewhat underwhelmed regarding the financials; what worries me most, is what the U.S. is illegally doing in Syria. And most importantly; the rest of the world sits by, impotently twiddling its thumbs.
    Russia’s Putin seems to be the only one with a pair…
    China’s Xi also evidences a pair in the South China Sea.
    The rest of the world are dickless eunuchs.

Dr. D
    Participant

When are they finally going to give up on the I-Y-I class and think for a second? The Phillips Curve was a failure in the 1970’s — 40 years ago. Yet they trot it out regularly as a pretense for the Fed to raise and lower rates — the Fed who has been wrong 100% of the time, always over and undershooting the market, causing, if possible, even worse booms and busts than the 19th century wildcat markets, which is really saying something.

In the 40 years of the Phillips Curve, getting it completely wrong, never having either stable prices NOR full employment, the boom-bust has coincidentally transfered a majority of the national wealth FROM the employed-stable-price people TO the friends-of-Fed people, Wall Street, banks, speculators, and insiders.

To make this even MORE of a kick-in-the-teeth to everyday Americans, you’d have to truly be the nation’s dumbest American — hyperbole accepted — to believe we had anything within 1,000 miles of full employment, meaning they’re lying, OR low inflation, meaning they’re lying, OR a working economy, meaning they’re lying, while they just raised your mortgage and credit card rates and drove the last remaining hangers on into bankruptcy. And saying it’s your fault for your benefit.

Golly, why are people so steamed at DC, Wall St. and the Fed? How come they no longer trust the experts on CNN, economists, sociologists, scientists? The world may never know.

John Day
    Participant

Ambrose says the EU refuses soft Brexit (gonna’ teach a lesson) so Theresa May has to take the WTO option right away (all that’s left, and actually not a default-setting). https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/02/01/eu-refuses-soft-brexit-must-invoke-wto-immediately/

John Day
    Participant

Oh, it seems you have posted a semi-banned and politically incorrect work of art as the poster today. I’m shocked, shocked…
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42904024

anticlimactic
    Participant

The Memo

One of my tests is whether people would feel the same if the situation was reversed. So if the GOP had acted with the FBI in the same way that the DNC did, would the Democrats accept it as reasonable behaviour?

I suspect not.

The worst aspect of this ‘Get Trump’ campaign is that it has taken us to the brink of nuclear war with Russia. It is worse than the cold war ever was as then there was always excellent communications between the US and Russia on the military and government level to ensure nothing happened by accident. Any suggestion that this should happen now is cried down.

It is strange that the Western media is so keen to get us into a nuclear war as most of them and their families would die. All just to cause some problems for Trump. Is this really worth it?

Nassim
    Participant

“Nassim: did you check your mail?”

Dr D,

Yes. And there is nothing there.

I moved in a big hurry from Melbourne to Warwickshire on Thursday. I took my PC with me so as to be able to continue as before. I just looked in Junk folder and nothing is there.

anassim at gmail dot com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.