Debt Rattle January 19 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 19 2019

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Guitar on a table 1922   • Mueller Shoots Down Buzzfeed’s Latest Russiagate Scoop With Rare Dismissal (RT) • US Asked Ecuadorean Of
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 19 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Pablo Picasso Guitar on a table 1922
    Well, I’m still struggling with this one…
    Nope, no idea (about the guitar).

A popular industry POV: people get deeper in debt because they feel so great.
    Now that is a great observation/understanding.
    I can fully relate to that; at least during my debt plunges; money for whatever, debt irrelevant…until it isn’t!
    Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow; you’re always a day away…
    When the debt reality finally hits; it hits hard; no relief, no forgiveness; just crushing reality…
    Leaving a wasteland of human bodies in its path…

From yesterday’s thread:

PlanetaryCitizen

Why is there no objective analysis of the policies on my once vaunted TAE? Merely the minimizing of anything negative about Trump and casting it off as the evil that is the MSM.

We have different views on this. The Mueller/BuzzFeed story makes clear perhaps more than anything why I see things the way I do. But it’s of course also insulting to say I’m merely minimizing anything negative about Trump. I do think these things over all the time, and 24/7. What I have seen for almost 3 years is the MSM “optimizing” anything negative about Trump, more often than not simply for profit reasons.

News dissemination has become so skewed towards the anti-Trump side that I would be doing a very poor job if I did not point that out, and tried to provide what little balance I can in the face of the onslaught.

And then of course I get labeled a Trump-lover and all that nonsense, as does everyone who does not follow the general line. Well, for once not even Mueller did, maybe that will wake up a few people. His statement resembles my own in that it indicates that things have really gone too far. But granted, I’m less reluctant than he is to make such statements.

What I see is many people thinking they can oversee how skewed things have become (in both directions), but they don’t. I’m sorry that this takes up as much of TAE as it does, but it’s essential. How many people would label the BuzzFeed story ‘fake news’? Not many, and that’s a big problem.

Dr. D
    Participant

Still can’t tell where they’re headed on Brexit. Maybe they don’t know themselves. Yanis’ seemed to have the most practical read on the pathway. As for polls, are these the same polls that said UKIP had no supporters and that Brexit would never happen? Well, even off by 10-20% they’re still more accurate than the American ones.

So the EU’s official position is that May can have as much time as she wants, but only to push the same terrible deal no one in Britain wants. Or she can surrender unconditionally, either way. …Well sure they do, but that’s silly. What are the odds that can ever happen? How is this complete non-negotiation plan helping them? It’s sure settling Italy and the Gilet Jeunes, n’est-ce pas?

If it’s printed, it’s fake. It’s proven, by a reporter who was busted near 10 years ago fabricating fake indictments on Karl Rove. By 9 o’clock it’s forgotten, there’s no fake news, and Buzzfeed is credible again, the reporter writes another story, and TAE and other sites are lambasted for being biased non-journalists. As the “Free Press” NGO would then ask Automatic Earth to be officially censored into Alex Jonestown, as they did a hundred leftist “Occupy” voices last month once such de-personing was accepted. And the people cheer! They claim, as falsely as Buzzfeed, that TAE was a racist, Nazi group violating European hate laws! Jimmy Hoffa said so! He may have even been seen with Pewdiepie. And TAE cannot protest because — poof! — they have no platform and no voice. Raul is sued. GoFundMe pulls his legal countersuit at Visa’s request. The truth is now Buzzfeed and what multi-national billionare oligarchs want, because isn’t that what the left stands for? Isn’t handing all power to fascist corporations #Resistance?

THAT’S why is has to be taken so seriously. And so gruesomely, unpleasantly repeated, day after day. Because You’re Next.
    Next!

V. Arnold
    Participant

What I see is many people thinking they can oversee how skewed things have become (in both directions), but they don’t. I’m sorry that this takes up as much of TAE as it does, but it’s essential. How many people would label the BuzzFeed story ‘fake news’? Not many, and that’s a big problem.

And there in, is exactly why Ilargi does not follow the MSM…

zerosum
    Participant

“…. BuzzFeed story ‘fake news’”

I counted the number of times that other news media reported and apologized for the fake news
    Zero I repeat zero.

Also, Muller’s statement was mentioned “in passing” and the BuzzFeed story of ‘fake news’ was repeated and explained multiple times in each and every “breaking news release”.
    The worst offenders would question and throw doubt on the truth of Muller’s statement.

My respect for the news reporters claiming the “truth” has gone in the toilet.

The elites have shot themselves in the foot.

A very sad day for journalism

Cut & Paste generation

the Guardian’s story “indisputably fabricated”

Give Assange a platform to tell the truth.

• 56% Majority Of Britons Now Want To Remain In The EU – Poll (DM)

Why would the opinions of the slave make those elites who are making the decisions change their decisions?

” …. for us it is unthinkable that Article 50 is prolonged beyond the European Elections,” Guy Verhofstadt, a member of the European Parliament and its representative in Brexit negotiations, said on Twitter on Wednesday.”

“…. the British Retail Consortium said the key Christmas shopping period had been the worst for retailers since the financial crisis a decade ago.”

Hurry! Hurry! Solve the problem …. the elites have got to make it possible for the poor to borrow more money on their credit cards.

” ….. Roundup Pro 360 had failed to take into account potential health risks.”

Is someone trying to say, “Chose…. Cancer or Starvation”

Doc Robinson
    Participant

56% Majority Of Britons Now Want To Remain In The EU

The rules are made by the rulers and apparently depend on the outcome the rulers want. To get into the EU, repeated referendums could be held to undo an earlier No vote. But now, it’s somehow undemocratic to hold an updated referendum?

Asking the public twice: why do voters change their minds in second referendums on EU treaties?

With all the talk of “fake news”, this bar graph from above is what I’d call a “fake chart”:

The Remain bar is almost twice as big as the Leave bar. The difference would be even more impressive (and more misleading) if the chosen baseline was 40%. But then the deception would me more obvious.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Just thinking out loud here…

A new referendum could determine whether the UK should re-join the EU. This would be starting from a position which honours the Leave result of the earlier referendum. The EU could be so kind as to offer all the same treaty provisions as before, perhaps with an extension to the Brexit date until the results of the second referendum are in.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.