Debt Rattle January 21 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 21 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Alfred Palmer U.S. Marine Corps glider detachment training camp, Parris Island, SC 1943   • Davos Man Is Richer Than Ever (BBG) • Markets Tumble
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 21 2020]

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“As Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren squabble for position and too often, reduce the meaning of life to a barren economic populism, Dr. King reminds us that U.S. society is a moral disgrace and we need a revolutionary movement to challenge its “racism, militarism, poverty, and materialism.”

‘barren economic populism’. Well said. Bravo.

“Like anybody, I would like to live – a long life; longevity has its place. But I’m not concerned about that now. I just want to do God’s will. And He’s allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I’ve looked over. And I’ve seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land. So I’m happy, tonight. I’m not worried about anything. I’m not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.”

The view from atop the mountain is ofetn misleading despite its panoramic perspective revelation. Racial strife is poised to become worse than ever. But nonetheless, the sky light is brilliant above the valley fog, and it gives courage to those who seek it.

Thanx for disinterring the memory of MLK from the trivial shroud it has been wrapped in, Raul. He looks good in that freshly pressed dark suit.

Hardly Stevie’s best song, but far from bad:

Happy Berfday

Doc Robinson
    Participant

After years and billions of dollars down the drain with the 787, the Board of Directors and CEO Jim McNerney, followed by CEO Dennis Muilenburg, established a policy of returning 100% of free cash flow to shareholders. This took the form of share buybacks and increased dividends.

David Calhoun has been on the Board since 2009. Board votes and debate aren’t public, but it is assumed he supported this policy.

The money dedicated to this policy would have funded several new airplane programs. Even half of this money could have funded two or three new airplanes.

https://leehamnews.com/2020/01/20/pontifications-another-calhoun-challenge-fixing-boeings-product-strategy/

null
    “…a host of problems that occurred under Denis Muilenburg’s watch. Calhoun must deal with these, too.”

zerosum
    Participant

• Davos Man Is Richer Than Ever (BBG)
    I read somewhere that the rif-raf entry fee was $25,000.
    ——
    Phlegm can be dangerous
    the coronavirus can be spread by human-to-human contact, and the deadly disease is spreading to other asian nations.

Cough cough
    peaceful siege ….. USA go home ………

——–
    “As is always the case with share buybacks, the idea is to buy high in order to drive shares even higher. This is what you learn on the first day of Financial Engineering 101.”

” …. every dime in “cash” and “cash equivalent” listed on the balance sheet is borrowed.”

Seeeee ….. That’s how you get printed money, that’s how you get a million $ pay check, that’s how the enablers for the elites have set up the system
    Stop your crying in your tea. Be happy that you still have tea.
    Knowledge is suppose to make you happy
    —–
    Putin, 67,
    Since when does someone rich and powerful allow the rif-raf to take away everything that he spent his life to attain!!!!!
    ——
    Fake news??? – Biden
    (I know nothing. Everything that I know is from what I have read.)

Any foreign intelligence service worth their salt would have known Hunter Biden was a chronic drug addict.
    China and the Ukraine, and likely others, hired Hunter Biden anyway.

Obviously, Hunter Biden was hired for access to his father in any pay-for-play schemes.
    But it now appears likely that these countries were also using this as fodder to blackmail Joe Biden.
    Joe Biden set up his tormented son with lucrative foreign contracts.
    Joe Biden’s senseless and selfish actions also left him open to blackmail.

How many times was Joe Biden warned of his dangerous actions related to his drug addicted son?
    (by the secret service)
    Will the liberal media ever investigate this?
    Do Americans really believe that this man and his son should be President?

====
    Hope
    …. “The view from atop the mountain”…..
    or
    What’s behind the green door
    —–
    Aren’t you glad and happy that TAE is here to let you know how the system operates?

zerosum
    Participant

Look!!!
    enabler
    Hunter’s personal lawyer and spokesman, George Mesires
    https://www.faegrebd.com/en/professionals/m/mesires-george-r#!#tab-Overview
    George Mesires represents clients in general corporate matters, including finance, corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, and distressed mergers and acquisitions. George advises principals, directors and officers on corporate governance, fiduciary duties and strategy in crises and/or sensitive matters.

This week, Bernie is sexist. Stay tuned for next week, when we’ll find he’s racist too. If his numbers still don’t plummet then, he’ll be an anti-semite Jew.

Hillary Says Nobody Likes Bernie, Won’t Commit To Backing Him

Hillary Clinton blasts Sen. Bernie Sanders in a new documentary, saying “nobody likes him” and telling The Hollywood Reporter that she won’t commit to endorsing and campaigning for him if he’s the Democratic 2020 nominee. [..] Asked in the new interview, which was published on Tuesday, if she would endorse and campaign for the Vermont senator if he was the nominee, Clinton demurred, saying “I’m not going to go there yet” ..

She cited not only Sanders but “the culture around him. It’s his leadership team. It’s his prominent supporters. It’s his online Bernie Bros and their relentless attacks on lots of his competitors, particularly the women. And I really hope people are paying attention to that because it should be worrisome that he has permitted this culture — not only permitted, [he] seems to really be very much supporting it.”

In the documentary, Clinton blasted Sanders’ record on Capitol Hill. “He was in Congress for years. He had one senator support him. Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done. He was a career politician. It’s all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it.” Asked if that assessment still holds, Clinton replied, “Yes, it does.”

Dr. D
    Participant

“Hillary Says Nobody Likes Bernie, Won’t Commit To Backing Him”

So what are they saying? A retired private citizen who does nothing and holds no positions won’t vote for Bernie? So what? Or are you saying we should care, because HRC still is running the DNC? Seems like one or the other. If she’s running it, then why is she hiding and not honest about it? CNN, you’re a joke.

“Markets Tumble As Human-to-Human Transmission Coronavirus Confirmed (ZH)”

Is this like all the other 20 scares where the death tool is scarcely higher than the common cold?

“Cry Wolf! And loose the lies of war!”

“Still wondering how he got from near bankruptcy to hiring an A-list lawyer.”

Yeah, amazing. And somebody seems to be inside handing out bread crumbs, as how does Powell know what was on the 302s nobody wrote, has, or has ever seen? Funny ol’ world. But she knows what the FBI and DoJ don’t and is almost certainly right. …But there’s no NSA or military intel anywhere. It’s all just a big accident.

McConnell Proposes Compressed Schedule for Impeachment Trial (Hill)

This probably would have helped if they’d got some crimes or evidence before now. It’s like the local constabulary saying, “He’s a bad seed: born bad.” So they just chase and harass him from the age of 13 until he’s proven right.

“Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don’t know
    Every time that I plant a seed
    He said, “Kill it before it grows”

Congress has already said, they don’t care about the impeachment; they are going to keep investigating forever until they find something. And as ever, #OppositeLand, “The World Turned Upside-down”: you are INNOCENT, innocent, innocent, innocent, until PROVEN guilty. Proven. As is the Jury reads the final words and the court is adjourned. And there must be a definitive CRIME to exist before we start looking for who committed it. But that would be #Logos, logic. We are definitively #AntiLogos, AntiLogic.

“Chief Justice Roberts Under Pressure from Both Sides in Witness Fight (Hill)”

What are you saying? That the law exists and he’s a judge? Or do you swim in a world of Twitterati group-think where everybody slavishly agrees all the time or is excommunicated from existence? Weirdos.

Orlov runs down more details in the Putin-law changes:
    http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2020/01/life-after-putin.html

“During Putin’s period in power, Russia has solved the problems of separatism and domestic terrorism, reigned in the predatory oligarchy, paid off virtually all of its foreign debts including ones it inherited from the USSR, grew its economy by a factor of six (vs. China’s five and USA’s one), regained Crimea (which had been part of Russia since 1783), rebuilt its armed forces to a point where international security is no longer a major concern, and achieved an overall level of societal well-being that is unparalleled in all of Russian history.

The system of governance he has built has worked well with him as the head of government, but it will require some adjustments in order to work well under future presidents, who may not be equally gifted. Recognizing this fact, on Wednesday Putin has launched a limited overhaul of the Russian Constitution.”

Martin Luther King and the Black Revolutionary Tradition (Eric Mann)”

The left hates MLK sooooo much and works tirelessly to undermine him every day, because he said, “I want people to be judged on the content of their character, NOT the color of their skin.” They do the #OppositeLand, caring only and exclusively about ever-smaller divisions of skin, and are repulsed by merit and character, and most ESPECIALLY Christian ones, as described by southern preachers. Ew.

Ukraine, China Knew Hunter Biden Was Chronic Drug Addict, Hired Him Anyway (GP)”

But there’s no suspicion, no evidence and even ASKING THE QUESTION is a crime.

We may no longer be in the House, but we get another 30-40 minutes of Schiff regardless.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“The left hates MLK sooooo much”

A) Yeah, let’s spout off-the-wall opinion as if it were fact, and B) promote even more divisiveness than already exists.

There is no more left any more than there is a right. There are just opposing camps based on how easily they can agree on who to blame, ruthlessly exploited by the usual divide’n’conquer schmucks.

We’re intelligent people here. We don’t need color-coded labels to tell us who to blame. Especially in a forum where most everyone agrees that such labels are useless not only as valid definitions but that the partisan groups stuck with those labels are at best willfully deluded sheep and at worst lying shitsticks.

If venting spleen solved anything, we would have cnquered the cosmos long ago.

Sekulow was strong, Cippolone looks the better lawyer but a weaker speaker. Maybe he’ll grow into this public role.

These two are top notch lawyers, who’ve had 3 years of accusations vs Trump to sharpen their skills. The Dems have a bunch of Congressmen and Senators to go up against them. And in the end it’s about the law, not some public image.

zerosum
    Participant

Learning opportunity test of critical thinking
    ” ….another 30-40 minutes of Schiff ”
    He is there so that I can learn how to make opinions and omissions, look like facts, data, proof.
    He, and other politicians are a specialized enabler.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Drones got a facebook page:

Blinky Things

It’s something, and I highly doubt it’s any good.

boilingfrog
    Participant

Listening to this back-and-forth all afternoon, (a back-and-forth that will sway no one) it seems to me that the president is guilty as heck, but the prosecutors screwed up the process in so many ways they can’t possibly win at this point.

Trying to argue facts that they didn’t seem to chase down (why?) hard enough, they’re constantly undercut on process. An impulsive man will get tripped up in a patient, dogged, detailed process, he can’t handle that! A 33 day delay is not the same thing.

Hindsight would say that a patient, stand-offish approach to the president over the years would have simply reinforced his belief in his own “perfectness”… and given him plenty of rope to hang himself. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

A-HA!

zerosum
    Participant

ITS ALL LIES – BIDEN

Joe Biden’s ‘conspiracy theory’ memo to U.S. media doesn’t match the facts

The memo by Biden campaign aides Kate Bedingfield and Tony Blinken specifically warned reporters covering the impeachment trial they would be acting as “enablers of misinformation” if they repeated allegations that the former vice president forced the firing of Ukraine’s top prosecutor, who was investigating Burisma Holdings, where Hunter Biden worked as a highly compensated board member.

Biden’s memo argues there is no evidence that the former vice president’s or Hunter Biden’s conduct raised any concern, and that Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin’s investigation was “dormant” when the vice president forced the prosecutor to be fired in Ukraine.

The memo calls the allegation a “conspiracy theory” (and, in full disclosure, blames my reporting for the allegations surfacing last year.)

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/20/biden-memo-trump-misinformation-101207
    By EVAN SEMONES

01/20/2020 01:10 PM EST
    Joe Biden’s campaign issued a memo to media outlets on Monday warning them against spreading “false accusations” driven by President Donald Trump and Republicans against the former vice president.

The memo, released a day before the start of Trump’s Senate impeachment trial, says there is “no evidence” for disproven claims pushed by the president that Biden sidelined a Ukrainian prosecutor who was investigating an energy company that his son, Hunter, held a high-paid position with.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/479052-biden-campaign-warns-media-about-spreading-malicious-and-conclusively

Biden campaign warns media about spreading ‘malicious and conclusively debunked’ claims during impeachment trial
    BY REBECCA KLAR – 01/20/20 02:08 PM EST

The Biden campaign said Trump’s efforts to spread the theory is the reason the president is being impeached and said it would be “malpractice” for journalists to reference the allegations without also saying that they’ve been debunked, according to a copy of the memo obtained by The Hill.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/biden-campaign-warns-against-media-use-trump-disinformation-during-impeachment-n1118681

Biden campaign warns against media use of Trump disinformation during impeachment trial
    A campaign memo warns against the spread of “malicious and conclusively debunked” theories about the Bidens by Trump allies.
    Jan. 20, 2020, 2:01 AM PST
    By Heidi Przybyla and Mike Memoli

In its first forceful pushback since impeachment proceedings began, the Biden campaign is demanding that “any media organization referencing, reporting on, or repeating these claims” from Trump and his allies “must state clearly and unambiguously that they have been discredited and debunked by authoritative sources.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/biden-warns-media-against-shopping-conclusively-debunked-ukraine-corruption-allegations-during-impeachment-trial/

Biden Warns Media against Shopping ‘Conclusively Debunked’ Ukraine Corruption Allegations During Impeachment Trial
    By TOBIAS HOONHOUT
    January 20, 2020 9:02 AM

Joe Biden has been insistent that there was no unethical behavior committed by his son while he was serving as point man for Ukraine relations in the Obama White House, despite countering claims of alleged corruption by President Trump and Republican allies.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/joe-biden-is-not-in-the-clear-on-impeachment-and-his-campaign-knows-it

Joe Biden is not in the clear on impeachment, and his campaign knows it
    by Eddie Scarry
    | January 20, 2020 04:50 PM

Joe Biden’s campaign knows that he’s going to be a casualty of this impeachment, and that’s why it sent out a warning to the national media, effectively telling reporters to be sure to clear him of any wrongdoing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.