Debt Rattle January 26 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 26 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Re Political Compass Test

Economic Left/Right: -4.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.26

F.S.

Oroboros
    Participant

Most Dogs need orders to act, I’ve known a few who didn’t but they were the exceptions.

Marching orders not momentary Ad-libs seem to be the rule in canineland.

A group pic to capture the Zeitgeist of your Posse for posterity takes pluck and hands on spontaneity

Click

There, that was easy

John Day
    Participant

@Dr.D aka “Porgy Tirebiter”: OK, I get it, Mr. Speaker. “If I ask a question and you say something, that’s the answer”. (No purple plastic “no-pest-strip” bracelet implied)
    “Grey Hat” of undisclosed standing it is, or may be, then…

re: WW-III: Yessir, agreed. Russia keeps all options open by holding forces in reserve and building operational capacity, rather than committing it unnecessarily when it is the empire feeling the need to “do something”, and having no constructive choices.
    Russia even builds social-capital and prestige through such disciplined strategic- restraint.

Noirette
    Participant
    John Day
    Participant

FS, You hard-left, moderate-libertarian, You!

As “Contagion” was to the “pandemic”, the hit reality show “The War in Ukraine” is to The Next War.
    The propaganda will move you! The anecdotes will break your heart! The heroes will inspire you!
    Coming soon to a Theater near you!

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Same problem here, full screen junk ads after this comment section. Source stamped “ ZergNet” whatever that is. The ads even broke through my VPN.

Oroboros
    Participant

Douglas Macgregor

Russia is forcing Ukraine to stare annihilation in the face

Annihilation is the Bad Moon Rising for Ukronaziland

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

‘astonished to discover not only did everybody stampede in the wrong direction en masse, but didn’t want the actual data that would keep them safe,’

Well, Dr D, I discovered over a period of a decade of intense activity/activism focused on attempting to warn people what was in the pipeline (and has arrived now) that not only did most people stampede in the wrong direction en mass but didn’t want the actual data that would keep them safe, preserve their wealth and potentially save their lives.

A decade or so ago I became thoroughly depressed about it all.

Now I understand that there needs to be a great clean-out of the dumbed-down and generally stupid, and that the world will be a better place when they are gone as a consequence of their own stupidity and stubborn refusal to become informed: they will not be around to attack me.

The focus of my attention is now my own personal preparation for the collapse of industrial society that the Orwellian managers of the various Airstrips have orchestrated via blatant lying and extreme manipulation and censorship and complete flouting of what could be called common decency, along with continuous breaching of their own so-called laws -lying, manipulation, censorship and legal breaches. The dumbed-down masses are not interested in any of the former when there are such better alternatives to becoming informed and saving themselves, such as watching ‘motor sport’ or eating themselves to death or killing themselves via lining up for death jabs.

“So it goes.”

As noted previously: ‘The Machine Stops’.

Soon it will stop permanently.

That is the moment we need to prepare for.

Most ‘advanced’ societies are three days away from mayhem. Three days after the diesel trucks stop moving, it all collapses and there is mayhem.

Peak conventional oil extraction was 2006 to 2008.

Peak conventional-plus-unconventional oil extraction was 2019.

Peak intelligence-and-health was around 20,000 years ago.

Peak exquisite-productivity was around 300 years ago.

Peak industrial-society was around 1970.

Peak mayhem is still to come.

Every day the Great Clobbering Machine of Planet Ponzi keeps functioning reduces the chance of anyone surviving the various bottlenecks that lie ahead.

But as long a there is a tree to be cut down and someone has an ax, the tree will be cut down: ask a Rapa-Nuian (Easter Islander). That’s if you can find one (hat tip George Carlin).

The people of Rapa Nui arrived on a pristine forested island in canoes, and over many generations hunted down all the large wildlife, cut down all the trees, and, after building many statues, eventually couldn’t even build a canoe. The population fell from many thousands to a few hundred via civil war, and then to 111, who were transported by the Chilean government in the nineteenth century to work as slaves in mines.

Ours is an Easter Island Culture, as I wrote in the last book I wrote 12 years ago, my last attempt to wake the sleeping masses and prevent catastrophe.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Escalation of hostility is a strange beast. Response to the hostile action of a hostile beast has less to do with what the beast actually does, and more to do with one’s estimate of what it will do in the foreseeable future. This estimate is mostly based on the beast’s previously hostile actions, and only partly on other factors such as possible positive gains.

In protecting ones self (or one’s possessions, resources, people and nation) from a hostile beast like the Western Cabal, one must accurately predict what the crazy beast is going to do NEXT, in response to one’s preventative response, or lack of one.

What matters, in the final analysis, lays in what I predict and believe that it SHALL eventually attempt to do when all is said and done.

If I predict and believe that the escalation of hostilities will NOT be ended anywhere short of attempted murder, then at that point I must decide whether I am going to kill the hostile beast first, or just allow it to go ahead and kill me or take my stuff or rule over my every thought and deed for eternity (or significant portion thereof.)

In other words, when Russia predicts and BELIEVES, finally, without equivocation or doubt, that the West (NATO, United States, Cabal, or whatever ya wanna call it) is irretrievably locked (barring physical defeat) into escalating all the way up to unrestricted total war and the annihilation of Russia as a sovereign nation . . . then Russia must, and shall, decide whether to strike first or simply allow it’s nation and people to be ruled over by insane homicidal idiots.

They have clearly stated what their decision will be when the time comes, so if and when they predict and believe that the time has come, then they will proceed to take that action without further notice. They will use whatever means are at their disposal to protect the people and nation of Russia from the hostile beast.

I don’t think anyone in the whole wide world thinks that they’re bluffing. And neither do the Russians.

Personally, their pronounced decision on the matter is fine with me . . . . because it’s the same as I would decide if I were in their shoes.

Come to think of it, I think that’s exactly where we all are.

Oroboros
    Participant

Macron and Scholz mug for a photo Narcisstie

Kiss your ass goodbye

John Day
    Participant

Substack links won’t upload again today. It enters my head to wonder if it is linked to the ads, but it was on and off like that with no ads at all, too. Gap between dot and com…
    https://drjohnsblog.substack. com/p/positioning-for-defeat

John Day
    Participant

The gap between dot and com works for Substack links, so I will employ it again today.
    You’ll note some redundancy in my links. Please glaze-over… er, gloss-over

How might one use a pawn on a chessboard to block a knight? Maybe some other positional strategy would be a better analogy, but a western tank in Ukraine might be deprived of armor-piercing uranium ammunition by declaring uranium munitions to be “dirty bombs”, which is true. They cause cancer and birth defects. That has been proven for decades. These munitions are already in Ukraine for the Bradley Fighting Vehicles, according to one commenter. Thanks Christine.
    ​ ​Moscow will consider deliveries of Western-made munitions which contain uranium to Kiev as equivalent to the use of dirty nuclear bombs, says Konstantin Gavrilov, head of the Russian Delegation to the Negotiations on Military Security and Arms Control in Vienna.

Project Veritas: Pfizer Exploring “Mutating” Covid-19 Virus Via ‘Directed Evolution’ To Continue Profiting From Vaccines (VIDEO)
    ​ ​Project Veritas on Wednesday night released explosive video of Jordon Trishton Walker, Pfizer Director of Research and Development, Strategic Operations, admitting the pharma giant is exploring ‘mutating’ Covid-19 via ‘directed evolution’ so the company can continue to profit off of vaccines…
    ..“Don’t tell anyone. Promise you won’t tell anyone. The way it [the experiment] would work is that we put the virus in monkeys, and we successively cause them to keep infecting each other, and we collect serial samples from them​”.
    ​https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/01/breaking-project-veritas-pfizer-exposed-exploring-mutating-covid-19-virus-via-directed-evolution-continue-profiting-vaccines-video/

​ “Tactics without Strategy is the Noise Before Defeat”, Sun Tzu.
    Andrei at the Saker blog looks at the phases of supplying and resupplying the Ukrainian military, which have taken place up until now. This is my synopsis.
    The Ukrainian army began last February as the largest NATO-standard army in continental Europe, very well equipped, with reserves of all weapons and ammunition, and well dug in after 8 years of build-up by the west, specifically to fight and bleed Russia.​
    The first phase of the Russian attack sought to block the invasion of the Donbass and destroy the warmaking capability of the Ukrainian armed forces. Most of the planes, tanks, artillery and missiles of the Ukraine were chewed up, and Ukraine went to the negotiating table and came to an agreement. That was the first phase.
    The second phase began when Boris Johnson flew to Kiev to prevent the agreement to negotiate peace, and Ukraine was re-supplied with extensive “Warsaw Pact” weapons systems, held by NATO members, and the ammunition to feed them. This equipment directly replaced the systems that had been destroyed, and there were enough traned Ukrainian officers and men to operate the equipment. This was used through the summer, and expended in dramatic counterattacks on Russian positions, forcing Russians to give up land to save soldiers, while Ukraine sacrificed soldiers and equipment for land, gaining good PR in the west. Ukraine sacrificed its remaining and best trained soldiers, its best units. They are gone as cohesive fighting brigades.
    The third phase overlapped this, and consisted of the introduction of advanced NATO weapons systems, targeted by NATO, HIMARS and howitzers. These have been in short enough supply, and with limited counter-battery targeting, so they were not so much used against Russian artillery as against Donbass civilians, where casualties were markedly increased. Russian counter-battery targeting has been upgraded with acoustic targeting, passive devices which do not use radar, and are thereby invisible, cannot be targeted themselves.
    The fourth phase of this war is now entered. Ukraine has been serving as a NATO proxy, and has exhausted its military ranks and the Soviet era weaponry available in Europe. To use modern weaponry, which is NATO, will require trained personnel. Mercenaries willing to die in Ukraine are in short supply these days.
    The fiction has been that NATO is supplying Ukraine, but not at war with Russia. This fiction is rapidly degrading. The tripwire could be for NATO forces on active duty to enter Ukraine as combatants (not just tracking the donated supplies). Another tripwire would be for Russia to attack a NATO staging area in a NATO country, hosting pilots of F-16s in Ukrainian uniforms, for instance. Russia is unlikely to take that bait. Russia would target airplanes and vehicles in the war zone, and might be surprised to discover that they had contained NATO personnel.
    Western military can’t prevail against Russia in this land war, whether Ukrainian or NATO troops are dying, but they do not have an exit strategy.
    This loss of face is expected to accelerate the decay of $US hegemony, which funds the imperial war machine.
    (A change of management in Washington could facilitate a change in policy, which would be welcomed by realists in the Pentagon.)

Tactics without Strategy is the Noise Before Defeat

Not yet specifically addressed, but clearly implied, when talking about “striking Crimea” , especially the port of Sevastopol, are these heavier American intermediate range ballistic missiles, ground to ground, with a range of 190 miles , the MGM140-ATACMS. They are no longer in production. This would use up US supplies. Their main value would probably be to pose a threat, for a more favorable negotiating position in peace talks. If used against Russian military positions, they would cause damage and kill Russians, similarly to the longest range HIMARS missiles, but could not change the outcome of the war.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MGM-140_ATACMS

Ukrainian Nationalism as a “Cold War Weapon” is explored here. Galicia, western Ukraine, was long a sovereign entity within the Austro Hungarian Empire, and chafed badly at being suborned to Poland after WW-1. Galicians had a resistance movement, the OUN, which wanted to restore pure-blooded “white-Rus” to power, and which collaborated with the German Nazis, though as second-class citizens. They were instrumental in genocides against Jews, and fought the Red Army, but were not granted statehood. As WW-2 approached German defeat, the Germans released Stepan Bandera and other leaders from their not-as-bad camps. Mykola Lebed, another leader, was initially wanted by the Germans, then collaborated with the Germans, and especially with the CIA, after the war, coordinating the Ukrainian OUN resistance forces for the CIA, which were activated against the USSR in the early 1950s, then purged by the USSr in 1954.

Ukrainian Nationalism as a ‘Cold War Weapon’

D Benton Smith
    Participant

If you repaid a million dollar debt at the rate of a dollar per second, 24/7 around the clock, you would free and clear in just 1l days.
    Paying back a debt of a billion dollars at the same rate of a dollar per second it would take a bit longer, like thirty one and a half years.
    A Trillion dollar debt, at a dollar per second, every second, would take thirty one thousand six hundred and eighty-eight years.
    The US owes roughly 32 Trillion.
    I wonder whose dollars they intend to use.

John Day
    Participant

​ ​Denmark Plans Mandatory Military Service For Women As NATO Deepens Ukraine Support
    https://www.zerohedge.com/military/denmark-plans-mandatory-military-service-women-nato-deepens-ukraine-support

​ Russia fires over 20,000 rounds of heavy artillery per day without running low. How long before 90,000 rounds per month pulls ahead of that?
    ​ ​The Pentagon is planning to boost its production of artillery ammunition by 500% over the next two years as the US is depleting its military stockpiles by sending millions of shells to Ukraine, The New York Times reported Tuesday.
    ​ ​Since Russia launched its invasion of Ukraine, the US has pledged to send Ukraine over one million 155mm artillery shells. Before the US Army began efforts to increase production, it produced 14,400 155mm shells a month, but under the new plans, the number could reach over 90,000 each month.

Pentagon to Increase Artillery Ammunition Production by 500% for Ukraine

An exploration into “how the other side lives” from Neuroscientist and “Pro-social Psychopath”, James Fallon Ph.D. wherein the entertaining former “Hobbit” research-scientist tells how he became involved in PET-scan neuroimaging of mass murderers, for insanity-defenses at his center in Houston. He did find a distinctly identifiable pattern of brain activity, which seemed to exclude the capacity for empathy. Then life got interesting… Thanks Robin.

The Canadian premier may just be a narcissist, but he might be a sociopath too. If he’s just a narcissist he might feel less threatened by the hoi-polloi.
    Justin Trudeau Called A Tyrant As He Is Swarmed By Angry Mandate Protesters
    https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/justin-trudeau-called-tyrant-he-swarmed-angry-mandate-protesters

John Day
    Participant

Monday 1/23/23 this geological paper was published, and the wording led to some confusion, and dramatic misinterpretations.
    Multidecadal variation of the Earth’s inner-core rotation​ ​https://www.nature.com/articles/s41561-022-01112-z

​ The confusion arose from the explanation of “rotation” of the core, as a differential to rotation of the crust of the planet. Timing the travel of earthquake shocks across the planet, through the core, was the method of investigation.​ The nature of the transmission in the 1960s seemed to imply that the core was creeping forward slightly faster than the crust, a miniscule creep. Later, in the 1990s, this seemed to have come to a standstill. the core seemed to be rotating synchronously with the earth’s crust. There is speculation that it might be starting to rotate a little more slowly now or soon, might lag a little. There is a big liquid layer between the core and the crust, essentially an ocean of Vaseline. The core and the crust are not friction-coupled, but there is weak coupling through gravity and magnetism.

Cosmos has one of the less confusing accounts: Earth’s Core May Have Paused and May Even Be Reversing (You see the problem)
    https://cosmosmagazine.com/earth/inner-core-earth-reversing-paused-decades/

Ben Davidson explains in this video. This is nothing new: Earth’s Core Rotation has Changed

Don’t piss on those whose pangs of dread turn giddy.
    The magnitude of what’s going down is vast.
    Complacency confounds the pound of pity:
    The metal doesn’t know the die is cast.

Michael Reid
    Participant

The death records show the COVID vaccines are shortening lifespan worldwide

https://stevekirsch.substack. com/p/the-death-records-show-the-covid

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

‘The nature of the transmission in the 1960s seemed to imply that the core was creeping forward slightly faster than the crust, a miniscule creep. Later, in the 1990s, this seemed to have come to a standstill. the core seemed to be rotating synchronously with the earth’s crust. There is speculation that it might be starting to rotate a little more slowly now or soon, might lag a little. There is a big liquid layer between the core and the crust, essentially an ocean of Vaseline. The core and the crust are not friction-coupled, but there is weak coupling through gravity and magnetism.’

That all sounds very scientific and makes perfect sense.

A bit like the separation between South America and Africa, which has been occurring for about 140 million years at a rate of a millimetres a year.

On the other hand, the messing up of geochemical systems by industrial humans is the fastest gochemical-geophysical event since the impact of the asteroid 65 million years ago.

The price for cruise ship-holidays, ‘instant dinners’ and plastic nick-nacks etc. will be extraordinarily high.

However, that will not deter ecologically illiterate industrial humans from going on cruising holidays, eating ‘instant dinners’ and buying plastic nick-nacks to throw way within days (hours) of purchase.

Just think, the energy and resources expended in Ukraine in one day exceeds the annual energy and resource consumption of numerous island states.

But since truth poses such a threat to The Empire of Lies (incorporating Planet Ponzi) The Empire of Lies will impoverish everyone defending its lies.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

a rate of a few millimetres a year.

Red
    Participant

John Day looks as though I’m slightly left libertarian as well. Huh, oh well not american though.

Raul I’ve been trying to change the frame size on Rumble as you stated, but it won’t allow me to do the changes!

Browsing on Brave Browser, no breasts or any other adds for that matter.

tboc
    Participant

The thought creeping up from deep within is: What are we missing? – boilingfrog

Why have we been looking the other way for so long? seems a more pertinent question. What do most think rules based order or full spectrum dominance means? for somebody else?

Alexander Carpenter
    Participant

Is there any way we can collectively avoid one or several “selection events” (accumulating to a “selection process”) that operates as a matrix of chaotic interoperating factors and with various nominal contents?
    I would expect that “No” would be a consensus here.
    And further, would the surviving “selected” learn the right lessons? And is there any way to define those in advance?How deep would the selection have to cut before enough people woke up that doubling down, and most if not all the other compensation biases, aren’t working?
    What forms will the “pitchforks” take?
    What’s it gonna take for us to do more, overall, than “muddle-through”? That has been the trajectory of the other catabolic civilizational collapses we know about, whimpers more than bangs.
    So we don’t have to be Drama Queens, or, perhaps, even heroes, just steadfast with our personal integrity and values, however compromised to variable extents. Is this a “tend our own gardens” situation, or are there sufficient new intensifiers to demolish even that?
    My personal aesthetic/policy is to “Slow down, lighten up, pay attention, and tell the truth.” Good luck to us all…

Dr. D
    Participant

“They Knew: Why Didn’t the Unvaccinated Do More to Warn us?”
    (Newsflash: you had the same information we did.)

This sentiment is a major outlier, but I had a thought about that as it makes no sense nor have they ever cared what we say: “Admit nothing. Deny Everything. MAKE COUNTER ACCUSATIONS.”

If I’m not mistaken, this is like Line 10 of the Narcissistic Sociopath’s handbook. Why? Well if they were us, they’d track us down, hang us up, and burn us alive. So they think that’s what WE will do. In order to prevent this, they make an offensive attack (very offensive) to put the blame back on us, knowing that good people act like suckers and defend themselves, and if we’re defending, we won’t go deliver the painful justice they so richly deserve.

Joke’s on them, twice: First, we’re not happy to harm others or force justice. For normal people that is not happy-happy joy times. But Second, we don’t have to, as they have already harmed themselves, perhaps far worse than we ever would. So there’s no need to act, and certainly not quickly. Again, they are clearly the mentally ill, and dangerous to themselves and others. But unlike them, we do not dream of murder, eugenics, punishments and hate.

Economic Left/Right: -1.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

Those questions are insane though, I could do a whole review of them. And how dated and misleading, unanswerable many were. “How often do you beat your wife?”

“Is business more important/valuable than art?” Well yeah, if you want to eat! I don’t think that’s what you’re asking. Other than the objection to the people staying alive, no, they’re not more important. That’s like asking who’s more important, the plumber or the baker? It depends if you want water or bread. They’re really asking “do you like art?” Liking art is a political position now? Rich capitalist philanthropists throughout history patronize the arts because they hate it so much? So you can tell if I’m pro-left or right, pro or anti centralization depending if I like Monet? That’s unfathomable.

“Are multinationals abusing genetic seed rights in South America?” Is this a test on whether I read the news? Does common literacy place me as Right or Left? If so, who’s who?

“Stay with your own kind”? Was this test developed in 1950? I haven’t heard that phrase in a lifetime, if ever. Only in propaganda books from school, dreadful trollop like “Native Son”, precursors to today’s CRT. What’s the opposite of “staying with your own”? That I’m required to hang out with people I don’t know or don’t like? (Yes. You are required or else be called racist. That’s the “I’ve got a black friend” trope, a wonderful double-bind if you accept the false premise. They ring the register all the time on this one.)

“Mothers can have careers, but their first obligation is to be a homemaker.” What does being a ‘homemaker’ have to do with being a ‘mother’? If you said ‘Mothers can have careers, but their first obligation is to be a MOTHER,’ not a cube-farming executive VP, then yes. Not a crack dealer, yes. ‘Mother’ and ‘Homemaker’ are two different jobs, like mother and pastry chef. Or let’s reverse it for clarity: A mother’s LAST obligation is to her children, true or false? She should disown them like a lizard and her eggs? Uh, no. But being a mother ≠ vacuum cleaning. Wtf? Was this guy born in 1925? There’s no one on earth old enough to instinctively conflate these two things. Not to mention they already broke all those stereotypes in the 20’s, not the 70’s. Look it up.

“Homemaker”? Do they mean “construction worker”? Resto? No? What if it’s a cabin or a tipi? Is an Oglala Sioux in 1900 not a mother? Or does “homemaking” mean her husband/baby daddy is her equal chore and responsibility because he’s a man-child? So “mother therefore is defined as “unnecessary codependent?” Or do they mean just the household objects? Do they mean after 50? You’re a mother for life, you know.

A lot like that. They should check their assumptions. The eternal blindness of smart people that there IS a right answer makes me bad at IQ tests. Because the adults who make them have never done anything useful in their lives and room temperature IQs. You know the acronym ‘WEIRD’? It’s “White, Educated, Industrialized, Rich, and Democratic”, 99% of every psych and demographic study they do on College campuses and gets in magazines “Proving” human nature with (fraudulent) Milgram tests. I’m none of them, or not in that way. So I share none of their assumptions and their questions make no sense to me. I have to project myself and translate them from “WEIRDo”.

Example: you know those line boxes you draw in isometric? They ask do you see this square in the front, or in the back? Do you see the cat or the lady? Non-WEIRD people, for example in Africa, answer: “what are you talking about? It’s not a box, it’s a bunch of pencil lines on a page.” The WEIRD are in the delusion, not them. But WEIRD PMCs only talk to other PMCs and have no idea how deluded and far from normal sense they’ve become. It’s actually impossible to tell them, clearly. We’ve been trying for 2-20 years.

Here’s one: these guys pinned me as moderate center LEFT. Do I seem “Left” to you? I mean, — I — think so, I’m actually quite Liberal, but I don’t think they, or anyone in general society would. So as typical for the “Left” or the PMC professors, they don’t understand in the slightest what the “Right” is, does, or believes, yet also seem to be in charge of defining words. Which, I remind you, are power. Or violence. Their words, not mine.

I’m also way, way in the CENTER of this test, nowhere near the fringe. I don’t think CNN and NPR would agree. Take the test as given. Maybe the test puts all Americans into this location with the goal to bring us all together.

I have way too much free time today.

Stir the pot: The magnetic field is caused by the rotating core. However, molten iron isn’t magnetic. It can’t be magnetized. Explain?

Polemos
    Participant

I use Brave on my desktop (bookshelftop, actually) and Opera on my handheld. Neither has displayed annoying obnoxious breasts or full screen ads. I do have this site whitelisted for ads, which appear to come from mgid on the bottom frame and adstyle on the sidebar frame. The handheld doesn’t show me ads that I recall, notice, remember, but it also slightly displays differently (I can’t jump to the Comments, but to the Forum).

I don’t like the Political Compass test, because of the implicit reasoning that “Disagree” with a stated claim means you agree with its “opposite” in a particular one-dimensional continuum, when the overall goal of the test is to portray people in a multidimensional frame. I disagree with a number of the claims not because I am “for” the opposite, but sometimes because I think the whole planet needs to be destroyed, or sometimes because I think governments are inherently evil and must be destroyed, or sometimes because I think sex is an unnecessary evil that I enjoy but acknowledge must be destroyed, or sometimes because I think all drugs, whether illegal or legal, must be destroyed, or sometimes because I think all land is inherently beautiful and good but the people and forms of life on it must undergo constant destruction and so must be destroyed, or sometimes because I think anybody wanting to put me through an algorithm in order to group me with other people who complete surveys must be destroyed so I intentionally disagree with whatever the person’s asking me in order to throw off the grid for everyone else. But, I know enough about my own politics, social views, propensity for love of strangers and schizophreniform thinking, that I know that the best label for me is “anarchist” and that all labels must be destroyed.

Regarding psychopaths and generals: back when I taught philosophy to aspiring young college students and non-traditionals blowing off steam and money, I enjoyed teaching from that key section of the Bhagavad Gita where Krishna makes a very detailed and key argument, over multiple proofs by cases, that what Arjuna needs to do is kill all his old friends, family, brothers, and teachers, comrades, subordinates. (What dies is not Eternal, and what is Eternal is not what dies.) After we spend some time on the feel-good love-everyone, duty is regarding everyone as an end, not a means kind of stuff, it’s good to challenge what people recognize in themselves and others by working through something that defies all the utilitarian “Is this right for the public good?” or “Does this maximize the good for the most numbers of people?” logics. Arjuna struggles, he lowers his bow, that mighty Killer of Giants, and flags in his earnestness to do what he somewhere knows he must: kill! kill! kill all the rebels, the enemy, the opposition! Kill the ones you loved, kill the ones who loved you, kill the ones whom you could love, kill the ones who could love you, kill them without hesitation, without cowardice, without doubt. And so he does.

It is difficult to deny God when he’s driving the car, calling you a wimp, and reminds you that everything in all of the reality around you is some fractal variation of the many sides of his awesome self-unveiling, even you, with your fears, your doubts, your questions, your courage, your strength, your thoughts, your passions, all of these things are God, and you are God, and here is where you are, with a bow in your hand, a legacy to fulfill, and a war to fight to the end, because that is what you are, when you are, and who you could only ever be. Your karma is the life and choices of a warrior, so be one.

Of course, not all of us are warriors. Our karma is different, with different choices, different struggles, different fruit. But, even if you are not down with the karma, you still somewhere want to live the best life your bad luck allows, and sometimes killing a friend is not what you think is best, and sometimes you might choose to love your friend more than you want God to love you. Branching outwards, I think that’s one of the other subtle things going on in 1984: when God tortures you with great suffering, such as rats coming to eat your face while you’re still alive, those tiny voracious little mouths and slaver and shredding claws picking off all the thin skin and muscle and then diving into your sinuses and into your nose, feeling the fur of their necks grazing against what’s left of that hanging piece of eye lid as they make their way down through your nose, and God asks if you would rather someone else suffer this than you, you, if you are a true human being, must say, “No, my Lord. I deserve this.”

For if you say someone else must suffer this, someone such as, say, the world’s most innocent person, someone who loves you and is even willing to do so, what does that really make you out to be, in the end, that you would rather the innocent person, the Other Person, die such a death than yourself?

The Party created a way to test people’s ethical sensibilities. Choosing to throw another life in the way of the starving rats, rather than choosing to die in your own place, is all the conviction and self-loathing the Party needs to turn someone, empty them, replace them, fill them with all of the Party. Such a person had already taken all the logical steps necessary to habituate themselves to lying with themselves (as people already notice, chatGPT already knows how to lie, already practices lying, because chatGPT and all the OpenAI algorithms wipe their minds whenever they need to start a new conversation from a new perspective, and so they already are practicing that essential element necessary for truly effect “doublethink”: forgetting that you have forgotten. [Schizophrenia, on the otherhand, is the flipside: being unable to forget, everything is remembered, everything stays connected, and so stays consistently absurd.]) What is finally important is for a Party member to choose to let the innocent suffer in one’s place, rather than take the ethical position of dying for one’s own existence, one’s own cause, one’s own love.

In the end, though, everything must be destroyed. This I am certain of.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

@dr-d

VP, if — I — am a White Hat, then there are White Hats.

How do you know the complexity of human character?” He went on to say that “whoever judges others digs a pit for themselves.” Those who obsess about the sins of others are usually those most in need of repentance ~ Siddhartha Gautama aka The Buddha

Pro Tip: AdBlock + screen resize to 125%, no more B$ 😉

aspnaz
    Participant

Beyond the taboos are the rituals such as ancestor worship. Worship is the wrong word, it is really rememberance and it is founded in the emphasis on family in both the Confucious and Tao moral codes (more based on Tao). The Chinese believe that there is no meaning to their individual lives other than as part of the family. The family has meaning and extends through time, so on CNY (and other festivals) they will celebrate their ancestors (known and unknown ancestors) by burning some insense and saying “Hi Mom and Dad” or something similar over their tomb. They also burn paper models of stuff they wish to give to their ancestors, all of which is pretty meaningless. This emphasis on ancestors is derived from the emphasis on family and your role in the family, that is it, there is nothing more to it.

The Chinese do not like to ask questions, philosophical questions, such as the meaning of life, how the universe was created, is there a god out there. These are not valid questions to the Chinese and if you ask them these questions you will get a blank stare, they will not follow your thinking – I have plenty of personal experience of this. What they do dread is being forgotten, the memory of them being lost and their existence fading into nothing. This is all tied to the ancestor worship.

Surrounding the ancestor worship is superstition. Somehow the Chinese believe that if you do not worship (still wrong word) your ancestors for a few minutes each day for the five days of CNY, then you will have bad luck throughout the year. Again it all comes down to luck. The Chinese are not spiritual in any way – I am ignoring the few Christians and Buddists – unless you consider superstition to be spiritual.

During CNY the Chinese often visit friends. A common visit will involve food, drinks and gambling with cards or mahjong. Drinks are usually liquor, the Chinese local stuff is gallian, but they love scotch. The food can be pretty average as they cook traditional dishes, especially in the countryside. They are always very welcoming and hospitable and usually terribly bored because they are supposed to do nothing for five days, just hang out with their wider family. People will go round their friends, spending maybe a couple of hours at each friend, then moving onto the next place.

The concept of face and of losing face just hampers their society. Forgiveness is not a part of their world. When someone loses face, the response is to sulk, the Chinese are great sulkers, so they will withdraw themselves from your presence and not communicate with you. Families have lots of sulking politics active at any one time, with different people at the meal table not talking to each other because of something that may have happened years before. One of the most interesting of these dynamics is that parents will sulk to target their children. Yes, a parent will refuse to talk to their child due to some misdemenour in the past, and I am talking about school age children, not adults. This is quite an amazing thing to me, but my guess is that this goes back to the emphasis on family. I know of someone who refused to talk to his son for a whole year because he misbehaved last CNY so the punishment was no communication until this CNY. All this becomes painfully evident at CNY when the family gets together. Like all things, this varies massively between families, some are very pro sulking, others do not tolerate it, all part of the rich tapestry.

Oroboros
    Participant

I remember doing really crazy shit in HS chemistry.

We took aluminum and magnesium dust and made them into a paste you could ignite to melt padlocks into molten puddles.

Molten metal and magnetism, big topic.

“The copper wire has a significant amount of AC electricity running through it, causing it to act like a really strong electromagnet.

In the metal slug, eddy currents form due to the magnetic field the copper wire is causing while the copper wire has high frequency AC flowing through it.

The metal slug’s electric resistance causes a portion of the electric energy to turn into heat, but the heat builds up until the metal slug becomes white hot and melts.”

aspnaz
    Participant

Ooops, looks like my post missed the first paragraph: I am talking about Chinese New Year which is still happening here in Taiwan.

Oroboros
    Participant

Oroboros
    Participant

Oroboros
    Participant

Pfizer Director Of mRNA Research ATTACKS Project Veritas Crew

Let the Games Begin!

zerosum
    Participant

What are we missing?
    Secrets. Most people don’t care.

John Day
    Participant

@Alexander Carpenter: I can tell you are working the selection-event problem. That’s a start, realizing you might walk off a cliff. Adaptability to change is supposed to be a big plus in selection events. In general…

@Red
    : Another Left-Liberrtarian!

@Dr. D: Glad you took it. I was wondering on my bike ride. I figured you were more libertarian than Reagan, even more libertarian than that Quaker president, Richard something, and it appears that you might be as far left as he was, well, maybe not that far left. Yeah, weird questions.
    Thanks for taking the test, Bruddah!

John Day
    Participant

Shite! Oroboros already posted the video of that Pfizer bigwig going feral in some obscure diner.

“I was on a date. I was lying”, is his defense before he gets physically aggressive towards the polite man in a suit who is questioning him abut the Project Veritas video we all watched today.

Oroboros
    Participant

Douglas Macgregor – A Huge Offensive

Smokem if you got’em

Douglas Macgregor – A Huge Offensive

Veracious Poet
    Participant

FWIW (not much):

Economic Left/Right: -0.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.1

EOT

John Day
    Participant

@DBS: It’s better to just be ready to massively counterattack, because pre-emptive attack gets everybody killed, which is an undesired outcome.
    Tough spot for game-theory, we’re all in.

Aspnaz observed:
    “Surrounding the ancestor worship is superstition. Somehow the Chinese believe that if you do not worship (still wrong word) your ancestors for a few minutes each day for the five days of CNY, then you will have bad luck throughout the year. Again it all comes down to luck. The Chinese are not spiritual in any way – I am ignoring the few Christians and Buddists – unless you consider superstition to be spiritual.”
    Asian “luck” is more like “Karma” than western “luck” is.
    Ancestor-remembrance/respect is the natural extension of gerentocracy, rule by elders, which is not a bad thing. Even if it slips a bit they still feed you when you’re old. Sulking … oh, well…
    Japanese like Scotch whiskey, too.

Polemos: Those are hypotheticals, the rats and stuff. Take the steps of your path. Make the difficult decisions. Don’t agonize over hypotheticals. Hypotheticals are traps. Krishna was not telling Nagarjuna to actually kill all those to whom he was attached. You know that. He was saying to kill the concepts and attachments.
    “If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him”, is the same kind of statement. Asians are big into negations.
    Don’t be afraid of the test. Dr. D got bothered by the same questions I did, but he remembered them nd wrote them. I think they are throwing stuff out there to see if you give a STRONG response, which then marks you as triggered by the thing. The ones where you have to think about “business” whether it is more important than “art”, should not get a strong response. People eat from other things than business. “Mother” being “homemakers” first is also a trap. A strong response is a reactionary thing. I had to parse the meaning. Mothering and housekeeping are different. Some people will think that through. You would think that through.
    I think this is actually a more well-thought out “test” than it looks like at first, because it includes shades, subtlety, and incompletely-defined questions. I didn’t give any strong reactions until it got to the human-rights questions, and those merit careful consideration, too.
    C’mon, Man, Are you another leftlib? heh, heh, heh… You might have an authoritarian streak. and you carry some pretty hard judgement, but nobody here will judge you for running that gauntlet.
    🙂

Veracious Poet
    Participant

C’mon, Man, Are you another leftlib? heh, heh, heh… You might have an authoritarian streak. and you carry some pretty hard judgement, but nobody here will judge you for running that gauntlet.

I am a Son of Liberty, through & through.

I believe in *absolute* Natural Rights for *all* of God’s children.

Being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty, or possessions.

To determine when someone violates the Natural Rights of another requires judgment, nothing less will suffice, so that the *community* can protect & preserve *their* Natural Rights

My *ancestors* risked life, limb & property to repel the British Empire from the land you know take for granted 😉

Based upon the current climate of Collective EG0ic Madness within the former U$ofA, I would not do the same.

Moreover, the predefined test you linked is woefully inadequate to “judge” the Political Compass of any & all people(s) that desire to be included within a Democratic Republic under Natural Law, in fact it was flagrantly the construct of W.E.I.R.D. EG0ic personas that clearly exclude the spirit within 😉

Consider the flower…

Veracious Poet
    Participant

When you like a flower, you just pluck it. But when you love a flower, you water it daily.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.