Debt Rattle January 26 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 26 2023

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    aspnaz
    Participant

Economic Left/Right: -0.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67

Either this is bollocks or I am surrounded by communists and I am the only centrist.

John Day
    Participant

@VP Gary: Well, sure, Yes to all that, and carry the flower within, and give it as a gift withut ever losing it, … but are you Libertarian or Authoritarian, Brother?”
    Is business more important than art/? There are lots of tricks in there, the mother ves homemaker thing… It’s kind of cheating. You’ve already got some of the tricky questions, and what a couple of left-libs, whose minds you sorta’ know thought about ’em.
    John-egging-you-on

John Day
    Participant

You’re pretty much a centrist, Aspnaz, but you technically qualify for the leftlib club.
    No secret handshake, Love your elders. Go to bed now… Ok, a little hot toddy.

Dora
    Participant

something or other about MSM:
    “They Knew: Why Didn’t the Unvaccinated Do More to Warn us?”

I think that’s a satire site. So many people thinking it’s a real site says something about the current MSM stories and the large audience’s response to those stories, even on a satire site.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Breaking news.

It looks as though the next rat –a very big rat- is working towards getting off the sinking LINO (Labour In Name Only) ship.

Fatguts Robertson, -second in command to the now “I’m-out-of-here Scorpion- has announce he/it won’t contest the next election. Some bollocks about needing to focus on finance has been provided as a pretext.

Fatguts could retain his/its snout in the public feeding trough via the ‘Party List’, or not, depending on his/its usefulness to the controllers.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

If there is a political ideology box in which one can be labeled and placed, I am outside that box.

Larf and Sing

fwiw, the idea that any of us are “White Hats” relative to darker hats translates to me into Do What You Think is Right… and expect to discover that you were wrong about everything but maybe the trying.

Larfensingen

Veracious Poet
    Participant

@john-day

@VP Gary: Well, sure, Yes to all that, and carry the flower within, and give it as a gift withut ever losing it, … but are you Libertarian or Authoritarian, Brother?”
    Is business more important than art/? There are lots of tricks in there, the mother ves homemaker thing… It’s kind of cheating. You’ve already got some of the tricky questions, and what a couple of left-libs, whose minds you sorta’ know thought about ’em.
    John-egging-you-on

Well, I already detailed what “I am”, “Brother”, either you get *it* or you *don’t*.

Oh, Libertarian or Authoritarian ain’t got nuthin’ to do with it, either…

Is business more important than art/?

My position is that no-thing, nor no one, is more important (or less) than *any* other ~ What say you “Brother?” 😉

Also, didn’t see None-Of-The-Above as an choice/option to the question(s) though…

Funny that, eh? 😕

What about *judging* ne’er do wells & the criminally insane, who trample upon the Natural Rights of *innocent* men, women & children?

Would this test work for a Pyschopath?

Asking for a friend…

WES
    Participant

I wonder how Joseph Stalin would score on this test!

One thing about Stalin, is he later eliminated all those who got to know him (drinking/partying friends) during early years.

I doubt I need to take the test. I would likely score negative & negative.

zerosum
    Participant

A sledgehammer banging on the hatch of a tank is enough to drive out the operators.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Polemos
    Participant

John Day, Nagarjuna was the Buddhist philosopher who demonstrated the illogical paths of committing to either the existence or non-existence of the material reality or ethical decisions one makes (because the illusion works to undermine temporality and permanence, adhering to the permanence of what appears through perception is doomed to self-negation ; though he argues more poetically). Nagarjuna also reminds young kings that women are stinking bags of pus and shit and urine and prone to all kinds of disastrous outcomes so they are better off not img with women (I sell this part up to the students to get them emotionally invested in their reactions because:), then he immediately reminds the young kings they too are full of pus and shit and urine and prone to disaster —even moreso because of their status and capacity for effecting outcomes— so if they were convinced to be free of disgusting things (ie, women) and act accordingly to isolate and cleanse, they must likewise act towards themselves how they act towards women and take even more seriously their own health, while they are having the slime of their lives.

I think your take on the metalesson Arjuna (and us, the reader/audience) must learn is “okay” insofar as it’s safer to think “Hey you only kill the concept” is what Arjuna learns rather than take the “literal text” at its word and go on to read how Arjuna really does (at the textual level) go on to slaughter and kill and make dead people on the other side. It would not make sense as a war epic of history if it is completely metaphor. Take Dr D’s point: it is precisely psychopathic for Sherman or Grant to kill people so quickly in their minds and continue their day, drinking their coffee and harder stuff and swearing at breaking down equipment or telling ribald jokes, taking time to pass gas and laugh about it with the boys, and it is even worse to consider the general-politicians today for whom the soldier on either side is entirely conceptual, an abstraction of formed matter fungible across weapon systems, who clearly think of war as database spreadsheets calculating away nested functions of functions when they think a tank operated by a crew is some percentage as effective as another tank, as though it takes x number of hummingbirds to equal the lift characteristics of F(x) numbers of albatrosses, people who do not understand how a soldier carries within them pus and shit and urine as well as fears and crimes and griefs while trying to take what they have learned about the hydraulics and mechanics and nuances of the particular killing machine they have knicked skin upon and jammed fingers against and bitched often about as they’ve learned how to use and thus survive through and with. The politician-generals already kill the abstractions, playing strategy games with “little green men” and geospatial coordinates, taking these fantasies as reality and believing the Ukrainian will use the F-16 or the Abrams or the Leopard, even if for a short while, or even if for long enough, because the Ukrainian soldier is the NATO soldier is the PMC mercenary is the F(x) of the Universal Soldier, the fungible object representing the Eternal Reality of What Is, which is the double book of accounting procedures showing who is currently reaping the most power. Arjuna, at least, sweats and has blood on his hands, but you are right: the objective lesson of a subjective engagement of the text is that we are not living in the actual world as though it is all that there is, but we are instead living in a partly shimmering world where our dimmed eyes and shunted thoughts mislead us if we are too caught up in the reactionary movements our bodies places before our patient, comprehending, vast stillness of being-undivided, of being-singularly-endless, wherein we unfocus our limitations of perceptual univocity, pass through the cacophony of unmediated entropic totalities unbecoming and recombining without reason and without form, and reach complete emptiness of abstraction and category and modality, such void of Being where there is neither this nor that, neither subject nor object, neither ‘neither’ nor ‘nor’. Only, once we are there, we aren’t there, being no longer a we lingering to long for lingering longer, bring there’s no longer a long neither, nor any long nether, just nothing but Being at all.

There, killing is easier. As easy as killing time.

Polemos
    Participant

Also, yes, the Compass placed me in the bottom left quadrant slightly further out along a similar vector from Veracious Poet, who paid me enough respect to quote me and even more to think without speaking on the things I’ve written about him, for which I am grateful, since it means there’s opportunity for love to blossom in all its disheveled eagerness to continue conversations across time, across worlds, across misunderstandings.

That said, you’re right: I am extremely authoritarian in that I think everyone should do exactly what I tell them to, which is to follow the sincerity of their heart only after disabling the avarice of their desires through deep time spent reading books in libraries and talking about it with everyone willing to listen and read and share. But people rather smoke weed or shoot heroin or plant potatoes or go hiking or shoot meese (moose-goose hybrids gone loose) or start wars or betray lovers or open large ponzi schemes preying on rich Jewish heiresses and balding men in used underwear, horrible things, you know. It’s a sick, twisted world when people don’t submit to my rule, my steel fist and the other of iron and the third one of nanoswarm esters, but it is therefore a beautiful one where I learn how to get past my previous lives of trying to take over the world and run everyone into the ground (where they feed those lovely flowers and tubers and isopods [always cute to watch them accidentally fall on their backs and flail about their tiny legs]).

So this turnabout I’m trying to let people make their own decisions and get out of their way, be less “authoritarian” and more librarian, where liberty means any book but you get two weeks,two renewals. I guess then the authoritarianism does come out, because people who keep overdue books must be destroyed.

aspnaz
    Participant

@John Day But I agree that a mother’s first duty is as a home maker – not a house keeper, that is something else – yet I am still a woke communist, I am distraught.

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.