Debt Rattle January 27 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 27 2022

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Oroboros
    Participant

Oroboros
    Participant

Trudeau and his best friend

Mister Roboto
    Participant

hands up if you’re in the ‘fringe minority’ with ‘unacceptable views’

Careful now, or you might have the deflated one imagining us all simultaneously doing a Nazi salute.

those darned kids
    Participant

ok, finger up if…

Mister Roboto
    Participant

A video about the Canadian Convoy with a song that brings back some memories:

zerosum
    Participant

A message from Omicron

“Your vaccine status is irrelevant
    I destroyed the pandemic
    Go. Live in peace”

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Somebody somewhere is likely resurrecting this golden oldie too:

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Just another family of neo-CON/neo-lib quislings:

‘Red-Handed’: How the Bush Family Cashed In on Friendship with Chinese Official Involved in the Tiananmen Square Massacre

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/01/27/red-handed-how-the-bush-family-cashed-in-on-friendship-with-chinese-official-involved-in-the-tiananmen-square-massacre/

2016 was supposed to be a Bush/Clinton crime familia popularity contest, one of the few things Trump did good was retire those murderers…

P.S. I hope Trump is done, can we have a viable & sane third party now?

TAE Summary
    Participant

The patient had Covid which led
    To treatments that left him near dead
    His wife interceded
    Got the drugs that he needed
    By sneaking in lice for his head

V. Arnold
    Participant

TAE Summary

Oh, you devil you!
    That was wonderful…my first good laugh of the day…

danbashaw
    Participant

@sumac.carol I’ve been following your concerns about the ideologies that are being publicly attached to the trucker convoy, and wanted to chime in with my own perspective on this.

My roots are revolutionary leftist – I.W.W. (Wobbly), with decades of united front, solidarity, and antiwar work in collaboration with other reds, as well as those of many other hues.

During that time I ran into pretty well every strategic and tactical failure that a mass and/or vanguard movement could have inflicted on them… or self-inflict, as was often the case. An insistence on an absurd level of ‘ideological purity’ was a common way for us to fail, as was the opposite extreme of over-embracing ‘diversity of tactics’ to the point where it became child’s play for provocateurs to grab the narrative at a demonstration by donning a bit of black cloth.

So, I have empathy with the truckers, and mandate protesters of other stripes, as they stumble into a myriad of traps, both external and self-set. I also have no ‘truck’ with fascists – either the ones I may oppose, or the one I may become, without ever noticing the transition. So I think I understand some of your concerns.

I derive great value from my experience in those revolutionary decades – there is no learning experience deeper than complete and utter defeat on all fronts, from the global to the local! It gives perspective.

Now, objective conditions have changed. The left-right spectrum has gone full kaleidoscope. Am I to remain in the shadow of past struggles that have no remaining energy or path forward? Or do I assess what I believe and have learned and move forward?

Some things I carry with me from my past: Justice. Equality. Solidarity. “an injury to one is an injury to all”. “we are all leaders”. “never defend a fixed position against a superior force”. Other things I have learned recently from those who were once my opponents. One of these is the value of abstract ‘Freedom’. Freedom for me was always conditional: Freedom to… what? Freedom from… what? Now I actually get it: It is a thing itself, irrespective of conditional considerations.

So how do I proceed in this new world, where my former comrades have almost all taken the New Sacrament and look on me with confusion and condemnation, and I find myself among strangers again?

To some extent I do what I have always done – watch, listen, learn, and reflect to understand the new situation. Noticing that there are very few allies that share ‘my position’, I realize that I must speak clearly for myself. What I believe. How I make my choices. What I embrace and what I reject, and most importantly, why. And I need to do this not to convince, to justify, to manipulate others. I must do it simply to live in clarity.

If I find I do not support any of the new alignments, then so be it! I can stand alone. (In fact there are some who share overlapping perspectives with mine: David Holmgren comes to mind. And many more I learn from despite, or due to, their differing perspectives.)

I also am mindful that many overarching truths appear in different guises in different belief systems. If ‘Defend our Canadian Freedoms’ does not resonate with me – and it does not – then something else does. In my case, is it a quote from Marge Piercy in an old revolutionary novel from the 1970’s:

“Person must not do what person cannot do.”

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.