Debt Rattle January 3 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 3 2016

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Robert Doisneau Françoise Gillot et Pablo Picasso 1952 • Fears Of ‘Massive’ Global Property Price Fall In ‘Dangerous’ Conditions (Tel.) • Is Trump Abo
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 3 2016]

rapier
    Participant

“In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true… Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow. 

The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness…

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.” 

Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

Hat tip to Jesse of Jess’s Cafe American for reminding off this. He of the profound belief in a certain type of Christian moral Philosophy.

I don’t think we need to worry about a North Korean ICBM landing in the US. Why? Because either a ground to air missile or a fighter jet will intercept to eradicate it. When it would get difficult is if hundreds or thousands of such missiles were coming in at the same time. Then some % would get through.

But as far as Trump goes, I’ve got to say, he spouts off like no prez elect/prez I’ve heard of before. The only president in any way similar would have been Teddy with the Big Stick. T. Roosevelt of course. He just tweets whatever’s on his mind, vs. the carefully crafted lines usually coming from the top dog. My opinion is; if Nostradamus was correct, i.e. there are three bad boys, Nap, Hit and now Trumpet (as Nostradamus referred to him) then this would be that guy. Who else fits the bill? Now we just sit back on a bunch of boxes of freeze dried food and see if it actually comes to pass in a bad way. One prediction of Nostra-baby’s is his prediction of a 27 year war in this time period. How could a war go on so long? One way is for it to be a cyber-war.

Ever watch a documentary called Nitro Zeus? It’s a true story about a cyber war orchestrated by the US with Israel against Iranian nuclear enrichment centrifuges. Via sub-contractors that would insert flash drives into computers on site with a virus that would allow them to remotely change the speed of the centrifuges. Too slow or too fast and damage would occur to them. The plan was going great while the US was handling it, but once the Israeli’s changed the code to do damage faster, it was figured out it was a cyber attack by US/Israel. Resulting from that fiasco, Iran developed their own cyber warfare team that later showed their prowess by disabling US east coast banks for 24 hours. It was a not so subtle a message they could play that game too.

Resulting from realizing Iran had that capability, the US developed what was referred to internally as ‘Nitro Zeus’. A cyber program in which they could supposedly disable just about all electrical infrastructure in Iran if it became necessary.

Recently you may have read about Russia infiltrating our electric grid to cause disruptions, but mostly just feeling their way around to know how systems work and if necessary later, how to disable them on short notice. We are currently on the leading edge of a period in which wars may be fought remotely vs. the in your face tank battles etc. that use to take place. That’s how a 27 year war could be waged. Let’s hope not.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Apparently the reference is to Century III, Quatrain 81 “The great shameless, audacious bawler. He will be elected governor of the army: The boldness of his contention. The bridge broken, the city faint from fear.”

Added to a wildly different chapter and verse: “The false trumpet concealing madness will cause Byzantium to change its laws,” … “From Egypt there will go forth a man who wants the edict withdrawn, changing money and standards.” Century 1, 40

I’m a bit lost how one can grab two different lines from different books, with vague descriptions, where the specifics, “Egypt”, “Byzantium” and “Governor of the Army” who deals only with a “City”, are completely off, and come to a conclusion it has to do with an American who is at very least a General where French convention would use the word “king” and would affect nations. Classic Rorschach, as notoriously vague Nostradamus is famous for.

We’ve already had at least a 16 year war, under Democrats and Republicans alike, aggressively supported by all Liberal and Conservative stripes throughout the western world, so I don’t know what he’d be “starting.” Something between 2.5 and 5 million people have been killed, involving maybe 30 countries, if you hadn’t noticed. So we’d only need to finish the mess long since started who knows when, maybe as Armstrong says into 2024 which would be perfect. However, may I suggest we start incriminations against those who have already caused 5 million deaths, not with a guy who as far as we know has yet to kill anyone.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ Dr. Diablo

Actually, if you include the 1991 invasion along with the no fly zone attacks; we’ve been at war for 26 years; continuously.
    And given, it’s not likely to stop anytime soon, we’ll exceed the moron’s (ExponentialAbsurdity’s)
    27 year crapola.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.