Debt Rattle January 8 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 8 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    upstateNYer
    Participant

I really shouldn’t post this because who cares, really, at this point? But I can’t help myself. Check out the NYS Dept of Health info on the covid booster vaxx. Talk about confusing (each of the doses headlined here has an explanation associated with each manufacturer) ….

The following New Yorkers are eligible for booster doses:

– Bivalent Booster Dose

– Additional Dose (Third Dose) for Moderately to Severely Immunocompromised New Yorkers

– Initial Booster Dose (Fourth Dose) for Moderately to Severely Immunocompromised New Yorkers

So … the 3rd dose is called an “additional dose” and the 4th dose is called an “initial booster dose” and there is the “bivalent booster” dose as well. Wtf. Talk about people falling for ridiculous BS. How can anyone believe this anymore? Seriously.

https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/booster-doses

jb-hb
    Participant

upstateNYer – I for one appreciate these posts VERY much… while I fill out my 130th job application after losing my job because of the-injection-which-does-not-vaccinate. Helps me remember why I’m not just giving in and getting a shot to get re employed. So thank you.

Germ
    Participant

This is the current state of the UK NHS, now in a state of collapse.

From the horses mouth:

Patients are waiting 40 hours in A&E. I hate that this is the best the NHS can offer
    The Secret Consultant

“A colleague described coming to work at the moment as like being punched in the arm repeatedly until it eventually goes numb. We are becoming numb; it takes progressively more to shock us. On my shift I saw several patients who had been in A&E for 30 or 40 hours – that would have been shocking in days gone by, but as things are now that’s OK because at least they’re on a trolley in a cubicle. Today it was the chap stuck in the ambulance that shocked me. Maybe tomorrow it will be someone dying in the waiting room. We can only shrug our shoulders and do what we can.”

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/jan/08/patients-waiting-40-hours-accident-and-emergency-nhs

TVASF

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@jb-hb

Talk about gall ! Not to even mention cajones. Better hope that Mother Nature appreciates wise guys (I’m pretty sure she does).

At any rate, quite aside from the humor, the points you raise are hard to dodge (too bad they will go right over the heads of the dingbats who need to understand them the most.)

jb-hb
    Participant

A book recommendation – A Deepness In The Sky by Vernor Vinge

First time I read it, I blew through it as an enjoyable space opera.

When I took another time through it, I realized how many interesting concepts it is packed with, such as:

–How do civilizations self destruct?
    –How do we stop that?
    –how do we break the Wheel of Time and stop collapse everywhere forever?
    –ubiquitous surveillance
    –false flags
    –powers struggling in a pre-glaciation/solar minimum endgame
    –DUMBs
    –taking over the world or universe using software backdoors and compromised internet networks
    –why can’t we start from scratch and create a perfect system?
    –the sorrow of limitations and impossibilities

and so much more.

Oroboros
    Participant

@upstateNYer

Medical Memory lane

Remember Obomber’s ObamaCare website fail?

“Health and Human Services wants you to call their Obamacare hotline to connect you with the next available health-care provider. If you need to speak to a health-care provider about the Affordable Care Act, you can just dial 1-800-318-2596.

Yup, that number, again, is 1-800-F1U-CKYO

1-800-3(F) 8(U) 2(C) 5(K) 9(Y) 6(O).

Sadly, the Obama administration failed to swap the useless 1 for a more functional 8 to complete the heartfelt message, perhaps in consolation to former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel’s tragically shortened middle finger

Remember that Uniparty mafia turd Rahm Emanuel?

He can’t flip you the Bird because he accidentally cut it off working at Arbie’s as a teenager.

jb-hb
    Participant

oh and one MORE concept addressed in A Deepness In The Sky by Vernor Vinge

…using a genetically engineered pandemic to take over. Sci-fi stuff donchaknow

Published in 1992

upstateNYer
    Participant

@jb-hb: you’re welcome. And thank you. 🙂

I, too, worked for an employer that mandated the jab even though I was fully remote in NY working for a Utah company. I moved on to a different remote job that didn’t require the jab (much smaller company). Pay reduced by nearly 50%. I’ve read your frustrations with the job search and I sympathize. Not sure what all these job postings are, to be honest. because I also have an excellent resume and got very little response from submissions (like you, I tailored the cover letter to the employer/job, submitted work samples, etc, etc).

Hang in there. You’ve made the right choice.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@Oroboros: “If you need to speak to a health-care provider about the Affordable Care Act, you can just dial 1-800-318-2596.

Yup, that number, again, is 1-800-F1U-CKYO

1-800-3(F) 8(U) 2(C) 5(K) 9(Y) 6(O).”

Really? Was that the real number or was it someone’s joke???

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

‘Did we not have 30 warming and cooling cycles as far back as science can see?’

No we Didn’t.. Therefore stating that we DiD is a lie.

The Earth haD a history of continuous cooling, intersperseD with small rises and falls in average temperature associateD with Milankovitch Cycles and intersperseD with periods of increaseD volcanism that were associateD with five of the six Mass Extinction Events.

Interestingly, natural systems sequestereD huge quantities of carbon and storeD it in Difficult-to-access places.

Unfortunately, an overly-clever but also increDibly unwise species of evolved ape extracteD huge quantities of the previously sequestereD carbon and put it into the atmosphere and oceans, where it has messeD-up all of the mechanisms that maintained temperature stability for tens of millions of years -the most recent geologically-induceD thermal maximum having ocurreD approximately 74 million years ago in the form of the PETM.

We are, of course, in the miDst of The Sixth Great Extinction Event, the one that eliminates the species of overly-clever but also increDibly unwise species of ape, along with most other species, because a large sector of the population of overly-clever but also increDibly unwise ape species refuses to accept scientific Data and insists on promoting fantasies baseD on the extraction and burning of fossilised Deposits of sequestered carbon.

jb-hb
    Participant

Dr D — “Did we not have 30 warming and cooling cycles as far back as science can see?”

Afewknowthetruth — “No we Didn’t.. Therefore stating that we DiD is a lie.”

Ohhhh, so one of the rules we can both play by is that we can throw out entire scientific fields when convenient?

Ok, well then I throw out the 10 year old “science” of Climate Change and retain the much vaster, more legitimate scientific field of GEOLOGY

checkmate

upstateNYer
    Participant

@jb-hb: I really like your comment #125437. Makes sense to me. But as I’ve said before on here, I don’t understand the hours invested in CO2 debates. Debating is not going to change anything for all the reasons Dr D and others point out. So why are we debating it? It just … is. Might as well let it be and move on to things we can change. (Besides, CO2 will only be used to suck more money from the poor to the rich, as is already happening and which many on here have also pointed out).

I’m more concerned about how we trash our environment and our food sources, with both these stupid actions being something we can much more easily repair and stop doing.

jb-hb
    Participant

How would all or most of the earth being covered in kilometers of ice NOT be a mass extinction event?

How many glaciations do you count on that chart? That isn’t even all of them.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

I understand what ‘safe and effective’ means. It means the psychopaths at the top of the power-money system found a way of murdering a large portion of the population in such a way that they were safe from being held to account and that the methods they employed were effective in destabilising or destroying the long-evolved systems that had previously maintained health.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

jb-hb.

Still posting graphs for the period when the average atmospheric CO2 was 230 ppm. What’s the point when the current level is 420 ppm? and rising at the fasted rate in geological history so those graphs no longer apply!

Maybe you do it just to re-emphasis you are a fuckwit.

No need: we already worked that out a while ago.

upstateNYer
    Participant

I don’t listen to Rogan all that often, but do when he has a guest I find interesting.

This man, Will Harris, a 4th generation cattleman and farmer, is very intelligent and interesting. Harris speaks slowly with a drawl and needs time to explain himself. Perfect environment for a Rogan podcast. Thoroughly enjoyed this conversation.

jb-hb
    Participant

upstateNYer – understood and agreed

As Joseph Stalin said, you may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you. Or was it Lenin?

The Climate Change/Climate Meltdown people are quite persistent in gaining traction and specifically want us to “take action” this is integral to their worldview. They won’t let it go like you will.

Aristotle said something like, politics is filthy, awful, boring, beneath a good human. And if you don’t involve yourself in it, you get ruled over by people way way worse than you are.

We really, really don’t want to be ruled over by people who see humanity as vermin, civilization as the source of all evil, think 8 billion people need to die asap and if we could go back in time and retroactively murder them so they never get to live, even better.

Every time they poke away at you with a moralistic little sound byte, they are trying to do a tiny Shock Doctrine type thing where they repeat a little component-part of their creed over and over combined with emotional disregulation via shame, shock, etc.

Think of it like they want to build a car inside your head, but have no intention of asking your permission or explaining their purpose. Instead, they train — train, not teach — you as if you were a dumb invertebrate – with the overall idea that first they drill a wheel into you. Then a door. Then an air filter, and so on.

Eventually the whole car is sitting there assembled inside your brain, without the concept of a car ever being broached. The hope being, if anyone then comes along and argues with a wheel, you’ll instinctively object to trying to dismantle a car. So to speak.

The creed, and the base-level programming behind it is hostile to human consciousness. Call it the soul if you will. That which is against human cognition is evil.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Oops

What’s the point when the current level is 420 ppm? and rising at the fastest rate in geological history, so those graphs no longer apply!

upstateNYer
    Participant

AFKTT: “I understand what ‘safe and effective’ means.”

Good one! 🙂

jb-hb
    Participant

Still posting graphs for the period when the average atmospheric CO2 was 230 ppm. What’s the point when the current level is 420 ppm?

Do you think a CHEMICAL REACTION is occurring with the CO2? What element(s) or molecule(s) is the CO2 reacting with?

No, it’s not the presence of the CHEMICAL, CO2 that is your concern, is it?

YOUR side of this is:

1. Human generated CO2 will generate a relatively small rise in temperature
    2. This rise will be just enough to tip a very fragile temperature-balance the planet has
    3. This tip of a teetering fragile balance will trigger NON HUMAN greenhouse feedback loops, causing Planetary Meltdown
    4. It’s the TEMPERATURE, not the CHEMICAL that causes #2

So when we can clearly see in the geological record OVER AND OVER, the planet’s temperature going 10 degrees higher, only to go back into a glacial period anyway, and YOU are saying that that’s DEFINITELY hot enough to cause the Planetary Meltdown….

Why didn’t it happen the other dozens of RECENT times, even?

upstateNYer
    Participant

@jb-hb: jeepers, do you think all these concepts up in your spare time? If so, what are you doing in your line of work?? You missed your calling. Should start a blog and then add a weekly podcast.

So … they haven’t even drilled a wheel into my head yet and never will. Because I simply don’t care and watching people run around like their hair is on fire about CO2 isn’t going to change my thoughts on it one little bit.

I think by giving people attention we’re actually providing the energy needed for them to continue “building the car” in people’s heads. If everyone stopped debating the CO2 posts, the CO2 posts would stop. No fun to argue with yourself, is it?

It’s kind of like the hoopla over that actor, what’s his name, Sean Penn I think, going to Ukraine. That was a head scratcher. An ACTOR is getting involved in a border war? Is he some kind of ambassador? Since when? What, pray tell, has given him the expertise and insight that makes him worth listening to? I haven’t watched any Penn videos or read a single sentence about his visits. Why would I?

Remove the O2 (or stop giving it your energy) and it will deflate. At least I think it will. 😉

Bolsonaro fans storm the parliament in Brasilia just now?! I still can’t get a handle on what happens there.

John Day
    Participant

@Red, regarding Erdoganian-contempt for NATO, and going his own way to the Russian S-400 missile-store:
    It’s worse than that, because Bibi-is-Back!
    Netanyahu is not just disruptive to NATO, and happy to deal with Putin, but Bibi is a tribal-member of high standing, which makes him hard for the neocons and Biden to openly quarrel with.
    😮
    For the record, I detest Bibi Netanyahu, but this is history unfolding, so noteworthy.

upstateNYer
    Participant

Raul: “Bolsonaro fans storm the parliament in Brasilia just now?! I still can’t get a handle on what happens there.”

Me, either. Odd situation there.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@Doc Robinson: since I have time to be on here today commenting, want to make sure to thank you, again, for the time you take to analyze studies and clearly present the findings so we can better understand. 🙂

jb-hb
    Participant

jeepers, do you think all these concepts up in your spare time? If so, what are you doing in your line of work?? You missed your calling. Should start a blog and then add a weekly podcast.

sadly, these are NOT my concepts.

I ended up doing a deep dive on the neomarxist thought being taught in american universities for the past 50 years – these are THEIR concepts. (I had a lot of spare time in 2020, and then the time unemployed…)

For instance, White Consciousness, the pillar of the concept of White Supremacy that went mainstream in 2020 through every school and HR department via White Fragility and Ibrahim X Kendri, is simply a retrofit of “False Consciousness” — a concept coined by Engels.

It was a cope for why the working class wasn’t rising up under the proper conditions as prophecied by Marx. Engels invented False Consciousness, and said that was the reason Marx appeared to be, but was not, wrong.

And then with the fall of the USSR, marxist academics needed to not only cope but re-cope, so they grabbed False Consciousness off the shelf, bolted it onto Intersectionalism, and hit the road.

This is all, sadly, the conceptual underlaying of the 2020 mainstream New Thinking. It’s the new way of thinking and arguing being taught in universities.

zerosum
    Participant

Raul: “Bolsonaro fans storm the parliament in Brasilia just now?! I still can’t get a handle on what happens there.”

John Day: Me, either. Odd situation there.

Suspicious. CNN is showing/demonstrating their joy as they report it and make references to J6.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@jb-hb: I suppose I knew they weren’t your original concepts, but you do present things in a very simple and approachable manner.You’re intelligent, capable of thinking through complex topics, and a good writer. I noticed that right away when you started posting comments. I’ll just drop that tidbit here and you can figure out if you want to do something with it in the future. 😉

boscohorowitz
    Participant

While one can wax nostalgic and guilty over species suffering our recent and current dominance (and I personally do), my main complaint with extinction events is when they happen close enough to harm me or my children or grandchildren. The abstract morality of our attitudes toward extinction event are the kinds of word play that we homo saps have been in love with since we first learned to make up words for things. We love to rationalize why we do what we do.

As for how global disruptions for whatever reason might effect me: I dislike mortally severe weather, really I do. Altho it can be pretty from a distance:

Heavy Weather Report

Currently we are at the cusp of a resumption of the glacial part of the cycle. Even if CO2 were meaningless in this stuff, even if the weather were merely following a clockwork track, we appear to be crossing from a time when there is not enough ice (just before we begin reaccumulating ice in amounts leading to too much, like hundreds of feet thick too much).

Right now we;re running out of fuel and even a little wonky weather can disrupt a global supply system where one tanker can block a main transport artery for days or weeks.

But we mostly don’t really discuss the weather or climate here when we verbally address those topics; we mostly talk about our opinions about why other people have formed their opinions about the weather/climate.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@upstateNYer @jb-hb

I fully agree with your take on jb-hb’s talents, but suggest the best use of them would be to put them to work right here on TAE. Everybody wins. Think of it as TAE being enlightened in a selfish kind of way (or selfish in an enlightened sort of way.) There’s a good readership already built up, zero overhead expenses, and Ilargi is doing the drudgery of keeping the site operational.

Rototillerman
    Participant

@jb-hb: thanks for the great concepts… building a car in your head, that’s brilliant.

@Dr. D: that is one very interesting thought experiment today. Certainly seems to tick a lot of the boxes.

@The Markster (and any other lurkers in the Portland, OR area): TAE Summary and I and a few others get together on a semi-regular basis for dinner and conversation. We’d love to have you join us sometime. Email me at this address: “taes.klieb at spamgourmet dot com” to get connected. Cheers!

boscohorowitz
    Participant

I see an impressive amount of ‘talking around the other guy’ in this climate talk. It’s as if everybody deliberately misinterprets the other, a variation of “a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest”. Me, I find no reference to 100 million year cycles in the vast murky internets.

“So when we can clearly see in the geological record OVER AND OVER, the planet’s temperature going 10 degrees higher, only to go back into a glacial period anyway, and YOU are saying that that’s DEFINITELY hot enough to cause the Planetary Meltdown….

Why didn’t it happen the other dozens of RECENT times, even?”

mAYBE IT HAS:Maybe it has:

“The greater the temperature change, the greater the extent of extinction. For global cooling events, the greatest mass extinctions occurred when temperatures fell by about 7°C. But for global warming events, Kaiho found the greatest mass extinctions occurred at roughly 9°C warming.”

from New Study Offers a Surprising Timeline For Earth’s Sixth Mass Extinction ENVIRONMENT 30 July 2022

Germ
    Participant

It’s constant – but you’d never know.

Old Dominion Basketball Player Clutches Chest And Collapses Mid-Game

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/old-dominion-basketball-player-clutches-chest-and-collapses-mid-game

Bring it!

TVASF

Germ
    Participant

21-Year-Old US Army Fire Control Specialist Dies Suddenly While in the Shower at Her Fiancés Home

21 – Totally fuckin’ normal!

21-Year-Old US Army Fire Control Specialist Dies Suddenly While in the Shower at Her Fiancés Home

TVSF

Germ
    Participant

Fully Jabbed MMA Star Victoria Lee Drops Dead at 18

18 – TFN !

Fully Jabbed MMA Star Victoria Lee Drops Dead at 18

TVASF

upstateNYer
    Participant

D Benton: “I fully agree with your take on jb-hb’s talents, but suggest the best use of them would be to put them to work right here on TAE.”

Won’t argue that! Except I think jb-hb is frustrated and bored, needing to earn some money, and his (are you a “he” jb?) talents could make some scratch without having to bend a knee to the companies that mandate what you do with your body. 🙂

upstateNYer
    Participant

Btw, has anyone else noticed how lovely all these young people are that die suddenly? Every time I see a pic it breaks my heart. 🙁

kultsommer
    Participant

For upheavals in Brasil, recently in Peru or never ending in Venezuela one can assume that there is, guaranteed, some US Corporation whose “extracting rights” are disrupted. Story that goes from Chiquita-banana. South American people had to resort to opt for some kind botched version of Socialist government that through nationalization of resources, even at the economic loss, prevents them to be transferred to the North.
    Socialism was proven as a failed system in 1989 and yet, bloody and dead it was relentlessly pounded by the US media
    prompted by we-know-who.
    The only reason that I could figured as why, was the fact that Socialism in it’s theory has that “nasty seed of thought” that, just maybe, an Appalachian coal, Texan oil and other national natural wealth of even strategic importance, should belong to the nation and not be in the hands of characters that we despise. For the latter please don’t tell me that’s not true!

Now keep dreaming that the reason for the calamity that we’rein is as “you insist it is”.

Oroboros
    Participant

The Quackcine side effects are showing up in strange places like insurance stats and funeral homes.

An ER nurse acquaintance said that the number of pedestrians getting hit by cars while crossing the street has jumped up noticeably in the last year.

She wondered if it was aging boomers jaywalking or driving their cars trying to play old rock music from their iphones was doing it but the numbers have never hit this level at least in her ER.

Any thoughts?

A friend in the bodyshop fender-bender repair says business has never been better than last year.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

‘Do you think a CHEMICAL REACTION is occurring with the CO2? What element(s) or molecule(s) is the CO2 reacting with?’

Further evidence of extreme fuckwitism and almost total lack of knowledge from jb-hb

I don’t think a chemical reaction is occurring with CO2, I know several chemical reactions are occurring with CO2 as write, including

CO2 + H2O > H2CO3

CaSiO3 + CO2 > CaCO3 + SiO2

Ca(OH)2 + CO2 > CaCO3 + H2O

And the ones that proponents of widescale industrialism love to ignore

CH4 + 2O2 > CO2 + 2H2O

CaCO3 + heat > CaO + CO2

Why don’t you get a job at Clown World? It would suit you much better than spending your time posting garbage on TAE. Clown World might even appreciate your clownishness and pay you for being a clown.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.