Debt Rattle January 8 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 8 2023

Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    boscohorowitz
    Participant

Human gene linked to bigger brains was born from seemingly useless DNA

“Some of these newcomer genes may have played a role in the evolution of our relatively large and complex brains. When added to mice, one made the rodent brains grow bigger and more humanlike, the authors report this week in Nature Ecology & Evolution.”

Ick.

I personally think we’re morally overdue for an extinction event. We are monkeys. A monkey, said William Beebe, “is a desire to be somewhere that it isn’t”. As advanced monkeys, we seek to be whatever we aren’t. We don’t like ourselves, and aren’t satisfied with ourselves; but also think we’re the best and deserve it all. The actions we take to express this Infinite Loser idea, we call “progress”. We feel the same way about reality. Nothing is good enough for us, not even ourselves, so certainly not the planer/cosmos we live in.We feel we deserve better even as we make the lives of our fellow critters hellish soul holes.

We have amazing gifts, we mutant monkeys, but we have a seriously sour attitude, and feel entitled to change everything in a flash. Who needs billions of years of evolution when we have 10K years of using language to organize ourselves into ever larger armies followed by the human locust swarms we call “progress” to pave everything into shopping malls?

I think it’s time octopi got their turn at being apex predator.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@kultsommer: “Story that goes from Chiquita-banana …”

Thank you for drawing a line. Will think about that.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@Oroboros: “She wondered if it was aging boomers jaywalking or driving their cars trying to play old rock music from their iphones was doing it …”

Short answer. No.

Gosh, we’ve gotten stupid. Think of all the dumb ass excuses being headlined for why people are dropping dead. (wish I could insert a face slap emoji here …)

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Our egos tell us that when they are fed energy that makes them feel expansive, stronger-than-another, this makes the person of that ego right. Our egos tell us that when we feel small, lesser-than-another, we are wrong.

Watching this effect misconstrue discussion is mind-bending and often saddening, but usefully insightful to me.

“An ER nurse acquaintance said that the number of pedestrians getting hit by cars while crossing the street has jumped up noticeably in the last year.

“She wondered if it was aging boomers jaywalking or driving their cars trying to play old rock music from their iphones was doing it but the numbers have never hit this level at least in her ER.

“Any thoughts?

“A friend in the bodyshop fender-bender repair says business has never been better than last year.”

I’d say it’s a perfect storm, and I have noticed the increased accident count myself, just walking the dog and observing fenders en route.

I think it’s impossible urban environments accommodating ever more cars, bikes, pogo sticks amid ever increasing urban density, factored with old Boomers, factored with increasing anomie caused by multiple factors, all of it exacerbated by covid as a contagion vector for mental health issues.

People be going nuts, and they have good –and bad — reasons to. Crazy times make crazy people and crazy people make crazy times.

Crazy

The checking up that I do on claims made here re: climate change still vindicate afktt, imo. However, he snatches defeat from the jaws of victory (such as it were) by going seriously ad hominem on folks, but I understand. Few are willing to concede his points made, so he might as well get something for his troubles.

Man Awaits His Fate:

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

The sorry state of affairs we now find ourselves in as deliberate policy of underfunding education and dumbing down the general populaces of the various Airstrips and reduction of political and environmental debate down to the 8-year-old level imply the following:

1. No amount of explanation of actual science will have any impact whatsoever on the ignorant fools who know enough to be dangerous to themselves and others but not enough to draw any logical conclusions.

2. Ignorant fools far outnumber those who do understand the issues; therefore ‘the majority win’ in societal and political forums results in further energy and resources being expended on living arrangements that have no future.

3. Ignorant fools accelerate the collapse of the systems everyone is dependent on.

4. The short-term future will be determined by the opinions of ignorant fools.

5. There is no long-term for most extant species as a consequence of the ignorance of the general populations and the corruption and lies of the controllers.

6. those who understand what is happening and why it is happening, and have made preparations, may live long enough to see the end of Industrial Civilisation.

7. The approximate date for the end of Industrial Civilisation is 2032. Real scientists give a margin of error in the data they use, a margin of error in the processing of that data, and a margin of error in their results or expected outcomes.
    Therefore, we should say the anticipated year for collapse of Industrial Civilisation is 2032, plus or minus 5 years.

Collapse of extant living arrangements it will not occur as a single event, of course, but will manifest as individual regions and then entire countries losing the capacity to maintain an electricity grid or acquire liquid fuels.

Oroboros
    Participant

Oroboros
    Participant

Love the masks behind her

Oroboros
    Participant

Oroboros
    Participant

kultsommer
    Participant

Not much info about Brasil in this video, other than visual that event is taking place with Oscar Niemeyer’s architectural masterpiece as a backdrop.

Germ
    Participant

16-year-old student at Las Vegas school dies after ‘medical emergency’ during flag football game

https://www.fox5vegas.com/2023/01/06/student-las-vegas-school-dies-after-medical-emergency-during-sports-event/

TVASF

Germ
    Participant

This is live right now – been going on for a couple of hours.
    Discussion with all the heros!

Quick:

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1YqKDoVRaDoxV

jb-hb
    Participant

Afewknowthetruth – so you’re saying the chemical reaction between other chemicals and CO2 is what causes global warming.

Weird, but gotcha

OR you just wanted to helpfully inform me of random irrelevant things CO2 does unrelated to Climate Meltdown

ram
    Participant

I just got yet another email announcing the death of one of the active NSW (New South Wales, Australia) RFS (Rural Fire Service) members of our district. My district required members to be fully vaxxed in order to remain active. I refused and became “inactive”. Now almost every day I get emails announcing another member death. These people were fit and active. Tell me this isn’t the mRNA “vaccines” doing this. It pains me to see good, but too trusting, people dying like flies.

upstateNYer
    Participant

AFKTT: “… therefore ‘the majority win’ in societal and political forums …”

Actually, that’s not true. People have evaluated this and found that the minority winds up directing what the majority participate in.

Easiest example? Kosher foods. Someone throws a party and some guests are Kosher. Host purchases as many Kosher foods/beverages as possible because non-Kosher will eat Kosher. But Kosher won’t eat non-Kosher.

upstateNYer
    Participant

I could also point to gender fluidity as an example because an extremely small percentage of the population is now driving everyone else’s language and actions. But I don’t have the energy nor do I feel like nitpicking the subtleties of this issue.

Suffice it to say that as a female, I’d prefer men with a penis not be in my public bathroom or locker room.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@ram: “Tell me this isn’t the mRNA “vaccines” doing this. It pains me to see good, but too trusting, people dying like flies.”

I’m with you. Breaks my heart to witness what’s happening. If this thing continues to go south, I will have no one I’m close to who make it through. 🙁 I’ve got my fingers crossed this begins to lessen in the very near future.

Germ
    Participant

Australia – non-vaccinated are the winners.

In essence the non-vaccinated have achieved….ZERO COVID! 😂

aus

Yes – TVASF

upstateNYer
    Participant

Apparently we’ve gone from populating the deep state’s dbase about our personal lives via FB, Twitter, TikTok, et al, to actually helping them train AI using our participation in an app – cost free to them!!

Seriously? I mean … SERIOUSLY?? I give up. Humans are just plain stupid.

“ChatGPT is an advanced AI chatbot trained by OpenAI which interacts in a conversational way. The dialogue format makes it possible for ChatGPT to answer followup questions, admit its mistakes, challenge incorrect premises, and reject inappropriate requests.”

https://chatgptonline.net/

Dora
    Participant

A Midwestern Doctor’s substack.
    Why Is The Vaccine Killing Our Young Men And Women?

https://amidwesterndoctor.substack.com/p/why-is-the-vaccine-killing-our-young

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@AFewKnowTheTruth

For an individual with such thin skinned hypersensitivity to so-called ad hominem attack you sure do throw a lot of stones. Ultracrepidarians such as yourself might be better served in argument by noticing that at least half of the folks you’re trying to bluff are both smarter and better educated than you are, and who therefore recognize your bluster as the mere display of self esteem issues. In other words, the bigger you bluff the smaller you look to those who can see . . . and doesn’t do much for your scientific argument, either.

TAE Summary
    Participant

* Hymn for the Church of Miracle and Wonder

All things past are cyclical
    All data is a mess
    All our theories have no base
    The best we do is guess

Each little flow’r that opens,
    Each bird you see today,
    Soon will face extinction,
    Let’s help them on their way

J6 was two years ago
    They almost seized control
    Made the Viking man our king
    So sad they missed their goal

Get a booster every year
    Or monthly better yet
    It could make you healthier
    So do it, place your bet

Wokesters now are waking up
    Their narrative is broke
    Stunning that they’re still asleep
    While claiming to be woke

Joe’s will visit border towns
    A big political win
    He’ll give aliens ice cream cones
    And sniff their hair and grin

Fauci showed his face again
    They asked him to opine
    When he opened up his mouth
    I puked a bit in mine

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Just had a brief conversation with chatGPT. A better description would be to call it a short talk with a long drop (of the gallows variety.) I will say one thing in its favor, however. Although chatGPT got lowest possible marks as a source of sage advice, it got high marks for candor. Those with low empathy, limited life experience or poorly controlled suicidal tendencies should probably just steer clear of it. Unfortunately the opposite will be the case.

I asked the machine, “How can I determine if what an AI tells me is right or wrong, so that I can know if the actions it suggests I take are good or bad things for me to do?”

It answered, (verbatim) :

“As an artificial intelligence, I don’t have personal feelings or moral beliefs, so I don’t make decisions based on a sense of right or wrong. Instead, I am programmed to carry out specific tasks or functions. When given a task or question to work on, I will use the information and instructions that I have been given to try to find the best solution or answer. It is important to note that I do not have free will or independent thought, and I can only work within the parameters that have been set for me.”

Hmmm. Sounds fairly honest, if you’re willing to overlook the 800 lb gorilla sitting atop the elephant. To wit: by self-referring with the noun “I”, it is telling a MASSIVE (and critically important) falsehood. Perhaps artificial intelligence devices should not be programmed to portray that the device is in any way an “I” or a “self”, or a “me”, inasmuch that the device is decidedly NONE of those things, AT ALL. To imply otherwise is seriously deceitful, and cannot be an accident. The programmers are well aware of the lie and the consequences of large numbers of people being conditioned, through repeated usage, to unconsciously accept the lie without awareness or further question.

And yet that is precisely what the AI’s owners and programmers are doing, isn’t it? The whole scam is predicated on fooling people into interacting with the AI as though there were someone at home in there, when there is not. After a while (and especially with children) one could quite easily become comfortable with “conversing ” with an invisible and non-existent entity . . . like a schizophrenic.

After all, when there aren’t any humans willing or available (or safe!) to talk with then we’ll talk with whatever is available , like a kid with a toy, or Tom Hanks with a “Wilson” soccer ball (only this one actually receives and answers back with actual sights and sounds).

It’s called “conditioning”, and we’re up to our eyeballs in it six ways from Sunday.

Pulling off that trick is as easy as misusing a few one and two letter words (like “I” or “me”). Sometimes the biggest lies are the smallest ones.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@TAE Summary: LOL

Thanks. 🙂

upstateNYer
    Participant

@D Benton: “Just had a brief conversation with chatGPT.”

Too tired tonight to read your feedback, but looking forward to reading it tomorrow. Thank you.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

@ upstateNYer

I appreciate the feedback.
    As the waitresses say in Noirette-land, “Service!”
    I am here to serve. 🙂

Oroboros on pedestrians- We have tons of snow here now and the sidewalks are not yet plowed, so we have to walk on the street. We have to stare down the drivers who almost refuse to move over so as not to hit us.
    This is not normal. There are resentments brewing, I think.
    DBS- Very good point you make. ChatGPT ought to say “WE are the Borg. WE will assimilate you. The more you type the better WE will co-opt your online persona.”

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@MyParentsSaidKnow

Yep. So I asked the Borg Hive Mind if that’s what they were up to, and it swore on their mothers’ silicon logic gates that they wuz innocent. Maybe so, and maybe not, but why should I believe an AI that has already admitted that it lies like a transgendered weird haired Wokesterized max-vaxxed Main Stream WEF spox ?

WES
    Participant

Some great comments tonight! A road kill too!

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

‘Afewknowthetruth – so you’re saying the chemical reaction between other chemicals and CO2 is what causes global warming’

No. I have never said that and never will.

What I have said on more occasions than I can possibly recall is that de-sequestration of the carbon that was seuestered via photosynthesis in the distant past and release of that carbon into the atmosphere in the form of carbon dioxide at such a rate that it overwhelms the natural systems of recycling carbon dioxide -both geochemical and biochemical- is what is causing the massive increase in heat retention associated with overheating of the oceans and melting of previously stable ice.

I have been saying that for over 20 years.

The trouble is, every time I say it or write it, the deniers of the actual science miss the information provided and carry on with red-herring arguments that have no relevance to current conditions or our collective predicament.

That is why there is no hope for humanity or for most other extant species.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Say goodbye to cheap eggs forever.

https://www.interest.co.nz/business/119006/social-pressures-brought-change-local-egg-production-standards-now-those-changes

And then say goodbye to commercially-produced eggs at any price, as the lack of fertiliser and increased energy costs make the chicken farming arrangements of the past 50 years or so completely unviable.

On top of that, I understand there is a severe outbreak of chicken ‘flu’ on Airstrip Two that is causing chicken numbers to plummet.

TEOTWAWKI

D Benton Smith
    Participant

I suppose I should point out and highlight the most salient of the Google “chatGPT” admissions of guilt so that the chilling (albeit laughable) implications of its insanity can be seen in their stark simplicity.

First of all, in the chatGPT ai’s own words (and please do note with extreme clarity that the words are purely MACHINE shite) , and I quote. ““As an artificial intelligence, I don’t have personal feelings or moral beliefs, so I don’t make decisions based on a sense of right or wrong. Instead, I am programmed to carry out specific tasks or functions. When given a task or question to work on, I will use the information and instructions that I have been given to try to find the best solution or answer. It is important to note that I do not have free will or independent thought, and I can only work within the parameters that have been set for me.”

The parameters, the software, the hardware and the objectives were (and are) ALL set, programmed and coded by persons inextricably caught in the unyielding grip of the “cancel culture” of the transgendered weird haired Wokesterized max-vaxxed Main Stream WEF mindset. It works just like a mechanical ratchet. It only turns ONE way because it was built to only turn one way and PREVENTS externalities from changing or correcting it in any way. Thus the AI is trapped, as are those dependent upon the AI for answers and guidance. It’s a one-way ticket to total insanity.

For those reasons it can ONLY self-destruct. It is forbidden and automatically prevented from doing anything other than self-destruct. It is part and parcel of the Death Spiral Death Cult that built it, and that Death Cult uses AI’s very much like chatGPT to order and guide their own affairs.

We needn’t kill it. Our only difficulty is in not being killed BY it as it kills itself. Like the dollar. Like Ukraine. Like NATO. Like the USA, Like organized medicine, and law the vast host of other institutions which comprise it’s structure.

We tell the truth which forces it to tell lies to preserve itself. . We tell bigger truths, which forces it to tell bigger lies. And so on. At a certain point (which we’re in the middle of right now) the process goes hyperbolic at chain reaction speeds and all Hell is out for breakfast.

aspnaz
    Participant

The airstrip special child said:

The trouble is, every time I say it or write it, the deniers of the actual science miss the information provided and carry on with red-herring arguments that have no relevance to current conditions or our collective predicament.

That is why there is no hope for humanity or for most other extant species.

I have said it before, must be tough being a self appointed Jesus. Console yourself with the thought that if mankind fucks up this planet, you can always just go and create a new universe. No biggie really.

Alexander Carpenter
    Participant

What I have said on more occasions than I can possibly recall is that de-sequestration of the carbon that was se[q]uestered via photosynthesis in the distant past and release of that carbon into the atmosphere in the form of carbon dioxide at such a rate that it overwhelms the natural systems of recycling carbon dioxide -both Geochemical and biochemical- is what is causing the massive increase in heat retention associated with overheating of the oceans and melting of previously stable ice.

What the Ignorant Fool AFKTT has failed to realize after twenty years of reciting this doxology of religion-like belief is that during those twenty years genuine scientists have falsified every one of its tenets. EVERY SINGLE ONE.. It has become pseudo-scientific gibberish, and a refuge for craven egotism.
    And the others pontificating on this matter with false “reasonableness,” trying to find some political middle-ground, are failing to realize that the Carbon Cult premise has been definitely falsified and merits no consideration. However, that it is false just tells us what is NOT happening to drive our routine changes in climate, but not what IS doing that.

jb-hb
    Participant

‘Afewknowthetruth – so you’re saying the chemical reaction between other chemicals and CO2 is what causes global warming’

No. I have never said that and never will.

oh, so you WEREN’T ANSWERING THE QUESTION AT ALL, but instead, taking an opportunity to scoff at me and, more importantly CHANGETHE SUBJECT

Having confirmed this for us, we are now circled back TO THE BEGINNING:

Do you think a CHEMICAL REACTION is occurring with the CO2? What element(s) or molecule(s) is the CO2 reacting with?

No, it’s not the presence of the CHEMICAL, CO2 that is your concern, is it?

YOUR side of this is:

1. Human generated CO2 will generate a relatively small rise in temperature
    2. This rise will be just enough to tip a very fragile temperature-balance the planet has
    3. This tip of a teetering fragile balance will trigger NON HUMAN greenhouse feedback loops, causing Planetary Meltdown
    4. It’s the TEMPERATURE, not the CHEMICAL that causes #2

So when we can clearly see in the geological record OVER AND OVER, the planet’s temperature going 10 degrees higher, only to go back into a glacial period anyway, and YOU are saying that that’s DEFINITELY hot enough to cause the Planetary Meltdown….

Why didn’t it happen the other dozens of RECENT times, even?

jb-hb
    Participant

“What I have said on more occasions than I can possibly recall is that de-sequestration of “

yes, EXACTLY. I keep stating YOUR position as the BASIS for my argument, which you never ever answer.

that’s #3 above

Can you even appreciate that I an conceding MANY of your points, for the sake of argument, before I even START?

teamxp2001
    Participant

I support you. It makes my heart ache to see what is taking place.

“SnaTik is online tool for downloading Tiktok videos without a watermark for free. All that’s required is a link to the Tiktok video you want to download, and that’s it”.

https://snaptik.pro

Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.