Debt Rattle January 9 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 9 2018

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Thomas Abercrombie Beirut 1957   • Americans Wait For Tax Refunds Before Seeing A Doctor (BBG) • US Has The Worst Rate of Child Mortality Among 2
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 9 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Kunstler

She may not write all her own material — such as Sunday’s Golden Globes speech that may live on like MLK’s I Have a Dream oration — but she delivers her message with conviction.

No, not even close, IMO.

MLK’s 1967 speech was his greatest; Martin Luther King’s sermon “Why I am Opposed to the War in Vietnam”, spoken at Riverside Church in New York, on April 30th, 1967.
    Those were the words of a truly great man.
    I was against that war and barely escaped being inducted into the army; but that’s another story, for another day.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Oprah’s speech was, IMO, Pablum, deivered to infants who, not only don’t understand their world; but utterly fail to grasp life’s realities. It’s all Usasian’s can tolerate; present realities totally escape the B/Hollywood crowd, and all their “movements” don’t amount to a good morning shit.
    The god’s be good, and save this poor soul from the self generated chaos proliferating across this still beautiful, tiny blue dot…

zerosum
    Participant

There exist better news than golden globe em-bare-sing moments.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/08/iranian-oil-tanker-burning-off-china-may-explode-body-found-in-search-for-missing-crew.html

Iranian oil tanker burning off China may explode, body found in search for missing crew

authorities work to recover 31 missing crew members.
    At least one crew member has been reported dead on the burning vessel

It wasn’t immediately clear what caused the initial collision, but all 21 crew members of the Crystal, which was carrying grain from the U.S. to China, were rescued, the Chinese ministry said. The Crystal’s crew members were all Chinese nationals.

South Korean petrochemical company Hanwha Total Co., a 50-50 partnership between the Seoul-based Hanwha Group and French oil giant Total, said in an email to the AP it had contracted the Sanchi to import Iranian condensate to South Korea.
    A Hanwha Total spokesman, who asked not to be named citing office policies, said there is “little possibility” that condensate would leave traces in the ocean after it burned. He added the losses would be covered by an insurance company. The Sanchi’s cargo was estimated to be worth more than $60 million.

Question:
    Will South Korea now become enemy # 1 for buying Iranian oil?

olo530
    Participant

I was against that war

THAT war, V. Arnold? From what you sound like you are against any war 🙂

olo530
    Participant

Will South Korea now become enemy # 1 for buying Iranian oil?

No more than France that owns the other half of Hanwha Total Co. US grip on power is slipping, vassals are misbehaving 🙂

seychelles
    Participant

Brooks: “There’s a hierarchy of excellence in every sphere. There’s a huge difference between…. the reporters at this newspaper [the NYT} and a rumor-spreader.

Chutzpah, David, chutzpah:(

Kunstler: “…Oprah might be capable of squaring the circle of America’s black-white racial quandary…”

Oprah is no MLK, and those of us who shed hopeful utopian tears upon Obama’s election won’t be doing so again (read generations) any time soon.

Nassim
    Participant

MLK may well have been an incredible person – with faults like most humans, of course. However, the fact remains that blacks in the USA are making little effort to get a decent education and that the school system in areas run by black Democrats for generations are not even pretending to be educating kids.

This situation means that blacks have been slipping behind whites economically in every area – except politics perhaps. 😉

The problem with American education is that white parents keep hoarding all the white children.

Nassim
    Participant

US Spy Aircraft Flew Between Russian Bases in Syria During Drone Attack – MoD

It seems that the Americans are now resorting to using primitive drones – guided by GPS and the US Navy’s Boeing P-8 Poseidon.

I wonder what would happen if the Russians were to supply the Taliban in Afghanistan with similar gadgets or anti-aircraft weapons? The Russians never would do so because they don’t want these things to be diverted back against themselves.

olo530
    Participant

I wonder what would happen if the Russians were to supply the Taliban in Afghanistan with similar gadgets or anti-aircraft weapons?

The irony is that Russians don’t need to supply the Taliban with anything, high tech or low tech. The Taliban is doing just fine on their own.
    I’m actually impressed that Russians managed to land some of the drones. It takes more skill to hijack a drone than to “simply” shoot it down. Koodos!

V. Arnold
    Participant

olo530

THAT war, V. Arnold? From what you sound like you are against any war

Any, as in all? Yes; but some must be fought…

Nassim
    Participant

It seems that aligators are adapted to freezing temperatures. They poke their snouts through the ice and go into a sort of coma. Obviously, it would make them easy prey to any wandering polar bear 🙂

Alligators in North Carolina poke their noses through ice to survive freezing temperatures

I somehow doubt if Australia’s salt water crocodiles would know what to do.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.