Debt Rattle July 13 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 13 2020

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Berenice Abbott New York City at Night 1932   • Florida Sets Record For Single-Day Covid19 Cases As Disney World Reopens (DL) • Who When Where: N
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle July 13 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Berenice Abbott New York City at Night 1932

The picture is very, very cool, especially given the year it was taken…

Dr. D
    Participant

I’m guessing from shutter speeds and steadycams, that this is from one of the new skyscrapers like the Chrysler Building.

“Looming Evictions May Soon Make 28 Million Homeless in US (CNBC)”

Spiraling leverage needs more collateral. The payment delay was written with a loophole: if you don’t pay for 3 months, fine. However, if you don’t pay all 3 months on the last day you’re in violation and they can foreclose. Now what are the odds anyone had 4 months’ payments in the bank if they delayed for 3? Uh, zero? They’re better off never using it?

Don’t trust the government. They did this with HAMP. I guess no one learns even if it’s yesterday.
    1/3 of NYC didn’t pay either. Landlords are net-richer and can tolerate some fails, but not to that level. The city has lost 100-200k people perhaps, and listings have doubled? However, it’s impossible for anyone to liquidate and get out. Oh and crime has doubled and they haven’t even slashed the police and gutted the city yet. NYC 1977 dead ahead.

BronxBurning

So obviously, banks will foreclose AND we’ll give them another $23 Trillion. Why not? Everyone still loves governments and they love bailouts. They love nationalization and they love merger of corporation and state, with full inclusion of all media. Get what you get.

Hey, you know what could fix this? Capitalism, bankruptcy, and real price discovery. Nah. Anything but truth, our sole enemy.

And Extinction wants a renewed democracy? They’re almost the most undemocratic group on the planet, demanding government overrun the people and force climate responses because it’s an emergency. Of course the only real solution is to stop consuming and drop GDP by half or more. I’m sure the oligarchs and the governments will be in favor of shocking losses, factories that need to be demolished and turned to corn fields, and a shattered tax base. Uh-huh. That tells you all you need to know about their “support” for da Green: it’s a joke, a scam. They’re as anti-green as they come.

“Global financial markets are…requiring endless bailouts,”

And therefore are the OPPOSITE of capitalism. So they’re in favor of central planning? So because central planning and bailouts don’t work they need central planning and bailouts instead? Talk about heads I win…

“They are power arrangements, which mainly operate by colluding with Governments” Governments are only one of the several power blocs. Maybe the minor one at this point, or so they hope and plan, as they defund police and double Amazon.

“The only way to guarantee humans are protected from future catastrophe then is to ensure a dramatic shift of power relations.”

Sure, towards more centralization and power disparity. More poverty and oppression. Because all the existing Power Blocs are going to erase their own power and ease, work-free profits for idiot sons, and endless underage girls? I don’t think so. Their answer: Make me.

You know what could cut them to pieces though? Competition, price discovery, and bankruptcy.

“Trump represents some great departure from American conservatism”

He does. Because he’s a lifelong Democrat and has Bill Clinton’s political platform. That’s how far left we are now. The American Left got further left than Europe during Obama. (look it up) They’re further left than Mao now and their hero is Xi and his concentration/slave/reeducation camps with social credit. In that world Clinton, even Obama is a Nazi, and they’ve said so publicly. Reading “Trump attacking LGBTQ.” Yeah, by being the first President supporting gay marriage. How Left can they go? Well this week traffic lights, state parks, elk, Orwell, Hamilton, and European rape victims were all declared racist, so we have yet to know. They’re still moving fast.

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.” –Charles MacKay.

However, they will never, EVER admit they were wrong. Not slowly, not one by one, not ever.

zerosum
    Participant

Crystal ball forecast

All forecasters are wrong.
    There are too many yesterday into their tomorrow.
    I had a pill dream last night
    Woke this morning
    Gates of garden of Eden were still locked
    Couldn’t find the keys
    I’m going to my garden
    I’m going to bring in the harvest than I watered with sweat

zerosum
    Participant

No lies. I’ve seen pictures of miles of cars lined up for testing in USA

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/07/12/more-than-10000-covid-19-cases-reported-as-walt-disney-world-reopens-to-public/
    The state also broke its record for the most COVID-19 tests administered in a single day. According to officials, 99,003 new tests were reported.

No lies. I’ve seen pictures of millions of people lined up for testing in Beijing
    https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/news/world/beijing-ramps-up-testing-capacity-reaching-a-third-of-citys-population-so-far-467113/
    Published: Jun 28
    Beijing ramps up testing capacity, reaching a third of city’s population so far
    As of Sunday noon, Beijing had collected 8.29 million patient samples for testing and completed 7.69 million tests,

Doc Robinson
    Participant

“About 40 hospitals across Florida have no ICU beds available, according to state data.”

Without more information, I don’t know how bad this is. If Florida has only 40 hospitals, then it would be catastrophic.

More information:
    https://bi.ahca.myflorida.com/t/ABICC/views/Public/ICUBedsCounty?%3AshowAppBanner=false&%3Adisplay_count=n&%3AshowVizHome=n&%3Aorigin=viz_share_link&%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&%3Aembed=y

Hospital ICU Beds Census and Staffed Availability as Reported in ESS
    Updated: 7/13/2020 10:02:10 AM

Grand Total [all counties in Florida]

Total Adult ICU capacity — 6,139
    Adult ICU census — 4,963
    Available Adult ICU — 1,176
    Available Adult ICU % — 19%

anticlimactic
    Participant

EVICTIONS

So this will leave millions of empty homes. Who will buy them?

Even at a quarter of their current price why would anyone buy them if they are unlikely to be able to rent them out.

Will it end up like Detroit where houses could be sold for a few dollars?

Empty houses could be vandalised and stripped of anything valuable, like copper.

it could cost banks far more to evict than to let people live there rent free.

Mr. House
    Participant

Blackrock will buy them, just like last time. With 0% money from the fed. And rent them back to you for your whole paycheck.

Dr. D
    Participant

Now why they pickin’ on poor St. Fauci today?

“’We haven’t even begun to see the end’ of the virus Fauci says” –CNN

Huh. Like Sweden? Or like NY? https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/nyregion/new-york-city-coronavirus-cases.html

Deaths are zero. Not over, but that’s pretty definitively “Beginning to see the end.”

Well, he’s an adult American, an expert, and he opened his mouth, so it’s pretty transparently and definitively a lie.

John Day
    Participant

I think the viral case doubling time in Texas is a little over a week these days, so what does it mean to the rapidly rising case numbers if tests take 11 days to come back?
    https://apps.texastribune.org/features/2020/texas-coronavirus-cases-map/?_ga=2.18034937.1771776556.1594644710-1037324414.1591643250
    I think it means the rapidly rising curve is much suppressed, compared to “reality”. All the states are tracking serology tests percent positives for antibodies, and all keep the secret. Herd-immunity is the implied goal.
    There are 2 main American political camps at war, pushing different views. (I’m not sure the president is really in either, though he leans towards denial. I think he would kind-of like to help find solutions.)
    One camp pushes stark fear and withdrawal from all engagements of life, except virtual echo-chambers.
    The other camp is opening fire with both barrels of the denial-shotgun.
    None of that will help us solve the massive distributed problem of finding new ways that we can all afford to live together, while increasingly harmonizing with natural ecosystems.
    Here is the best large scale hydroxychloroquine trial data. Yeah, it’s pretty darn safe if you avoid using it with people with specific cardiac conduction defects, like Long Q-T Syndrome, and you start fairly early, like before they are crashing hard enough to need hospitalization to fight for life.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1477893920302817
    University Of Eastern Virginia Med School gets government funding, so it must comply with edicts. It has removed hydroxychloroquine from it’s treatment algorithm (at gunpoint). It still includes quercetin, a non prescription plant-derived substance, which also works by letting zinc into virally infected cells, where it interferes with viral replication. https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/internal_medicine/Marik-Covid-Protocol-Summary.pdf
    I mean no disrespect by not showing up and not blogging since last Thursday, and a pitiful excuse “Busy Life” it was http://www.johndayblog.com/2020/07/busy-life.html
    I have appreciated some of the comments in my catching-up.
    I hope Arttua and Geppetto from July 10, The Bottom’s Falling Out piece show up regularly. I have built ONE bicycle from steel tubing, guys, and I grow vegetables, and am working on the Yoakum Avocado Project, while being a public health MD, growing vegetable gardens at home(s) and the clinic, and bike commuting.
    I’m going to be very-busier this week, than even last week, but maybe not next week…
    http://www.johndayblog.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.