Debt Rattle July 25 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 25 2021

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    upstateNYer
    Participant

Hi WES. Always enjoy your stories. Thank you. 🙂

upstateNYer
    Participant

@russell: “If it does come to violence so be it but focusing on that leads to a paralysing fatalism that is a hindrance rather than a help.

Jesus. I wish I could have stated it this well. Hat’s off, russell. Well done.

cloudhidden
    Participant

@ upstateNYer
    Those NDE’s. About 20 years ago.
    Can’t say much that would mean anything…..explain Tao.
    All change. Not change.
    As a Thai friend told me “same, same, but different”
    Feet firmly planted, though mountain can fly.
    Lots of hard work daily with my beautiful wife in the garden, with the bees, cutting firewood, digging potatoes and hanging the deer in autumn.
    Being in life until next departure.

Archie
    Participant

I wrote that it would not scale up to a global population, not the current global population. I know a few people in the north country of NYS that went permaculture in the mid 70s and I admired them but it just wasn’t for me. I also lived on a farm for a while back in the day and I know how peaceful and satisfying that kind of life can be. But let’s get real, how many of these permaculture settlements exist today and how many more could be accommodated? And how many people have the wherewithal to get into it? Anyway, this old guy is not fearful of whatever is to come.

WES- I’m delighted to hear you are on the water again.

TamHob
    Participant

Well, I’m delurking to confirm that Canberra is indeed cold and miserable with an all but visable fog of depression hanging over the populace. People are generally snappy and on edge. However, I’m about to take receipt of 35kgs of seed potato and a half kilo each of cold and drought hardy corn and bean seeds, which I’m hoping to both substantially increase and naturalise over the coming year in between permaculturing the small bit of arable land available to me. Most likely, it will make no difference whatsoever in the long term. However, one does what one can and hopefully someone will get a feed out of the work.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.