Debt Rattle July 28 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 28 2021

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    madamski cafone
    Participant
    madamski cafone
    Participant

@ Veracious:

I’ve never known Raul to censor. I once thought something like that had happened, early in my posting days here. I asked Raul. It was just the wonky internet we have these days.

I can see your post with the Fauci “medicine show” image, fwiw.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

When the king hesitates — suicide hesitancy — Ming has him cut down by a guard. I wonder how close the parallels will run.

I think you remember that scene somewhat incorrectly. What transpired was roughly this: The vassal-kings are all bringing Ming a required annual tribute, but one of the kings steals the intended tribute of another of the kings. The king who ended up empty-handed before Ming the Merciless nervously says he has only his true loyalty to give. That’s when Ming demands the empty-handed vassal-king demonstrate this loyalty by falling on his sword. The vassal-king draws his sword and attempts to run Ming through with it. However, he is stopped by Ming’s floating high-tech security-device, and then Ming takes the sword from the vassal-king’s hand and plunges it into the heart of the unfortunate would-be assassin. One can’t help but wonder if Canberra feels any such secret seething animosity towards Washington?

russellnblbs
    Participant

Canberra has been run from Washington since Ww2 so it’s nothing new. Before it was run from London. Australia has never really been a sovereign country just an outpost of empire that provides raw materials to the rest of the world. The one prime minister who tried to stand up to them was soft couped in the 70s which in any Latin American country would have resulted in civil war but here everyone just shrugged as Australians are want to do. Washington will abandon Canberra soon enough as it retracts the tendrils of empire, and aus will have a decision to make. But in many ways it has already made it. China doesn’t have to invade Australia because Australia will sell them anything they want for bargain basement prices anyway. We will sell land, ports, resources hell we will even let you detonate a nuclear weapon on our land for free if you want.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Archie
    @bosco

You, sir, are truly a cafone!

Spot on…woderful word… 😉

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Wistfully longing for simpler times:

Archie
    Participant

@V Arnold

My uncles were quite colorful paesanos. Lol.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Archie
    My uncles were quite colorful paesanos. Lol.

Added to my vocabulary; a very Italian word, not easy to find in most dictionaries… 😉

Veracious Poet
    Participant

I’ve never known Raul to censor. I once thought something like that had happened, early in my posting days here. I asked Raul. It was just the wonky internet we have these days.

It was a second post, that I saw posted, then when I came back it was gone…

No loss, I probably spend far too much time farting around here anyways 😉

You cannot logic people out of positions they did not logic themselves into….

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a moneyed aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs…If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Welp, since my last post was deleted, I guess my welcome here has been rescinded…

No and no. We do not delete. And if we ever do, please leave us the pleasure of loudly announcing why. Not this silent stuff.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.