Debt Rattle June 11 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 11 2018

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Pierre-Auguste Renoir Les parapluies 1880-86   • Debt Clock Ticking (Mauldin) • Southern Mayors Defy Italian Coalition To Offer Safe Port To Migr
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 11 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Debt, debt, debt; the slave driver of the not rich and stupid.
    We put on our chains willingly, because we really do not understand; much of anything!
    Raised to be subserviant; educated for docility and servitude.
    Too soon old and too late smart…

V. Arnold
    Participant

I really like that painting; Umbrellas by Renoir.
    The little girl, bottom right, has a hoop and stick.
    Nice detail.

Problem with that painting is there are very bright, lively versions of it, and then some much more ‘subdued’. I picked the bright one.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Good choice; the bright one.
    Yes, I’ve noticed that when doing the click search of the paintings, the brightness varies quite a bit.
    Of course a photo will never duplicate exactly, the original; one can certainly get close.

olo530
    Participant

There is a reason why that road is less traveled. You can produce and consume locally, not engage in global trade, avoid resource exploitation, and sing kumbaya. But then your kid needs a shot of penicillin. Or blood transfusion. I don’t want to explain to my child that they have to die because singing kumbaya is more important. Sorry. Best of luck on your Road Less Traveled.

Dr. D
    Participant

The Turkish thing is odd. First from a country running elections on the basis of restoring the Ottoman Empire, claiming Cyprus and all the islands, actively invading Syria and Iraq, and running 200 illegal sorties a day in the Aegean.

So…Austria shouldn’t expel the more militant or expansionary Muslim voices because Islam is a “religion of Peace” and that’s too aggressive. Okay, fine. But then to suggest Turkey will invade or make other trouble if Austria does NOT allow these militant, colonizing voices? I think you just proved Austria’s misgivings, in more than spades, Erdogan! This in a part of the world that well remembers hundreds of years of sieges and devastating incursions, where the former Muslim expansion was stopped at the cost of a million lives.

…Not the stuff of good memories. Erdogan: if you’re going to pretend to be harmless friends and everything’s open and multicultural, keep your trap shut about the aggressive invasions you’re planning/actively doing, okay?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.