Debt Rattle March 18 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 18 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Author

John William Waterhouse Hylas and the Nymphs 1896   • Russian Ambassador To US Summoned Back To Moscow For Consultations (RT) • Biden: Putin Is A
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 18 2021]

V. Arnold
    Participant

John William Waterhouse Hylas and the Nymphs 1896

Just lovely; In classical mythology, Hylas (Ancient Greek: Ὕλας) was a youth who served as Heracles’ (Roman Hercules) companion and servant. His abduction by water nymphs was a theme of ancient art, and has been an enduring subject for Western art in the classical tradition.

As to the rest? Insanity…no further comment…
    😉

absolute galore
    Participant

Can the U.S. get any more depraved or debased? This “killer with no soul” business is magnitudes more shocking than anything out of Trump’s mouth during his four years. It’s like we are a comic book country. Biden has always been a fool who believes the myth he created for himself as a tough acting tough talking kinda guy. Now that his meager mental abilities are even more diminished, it would appear he has no capacity to reign that in when needed.

I can’t imagine a president whose handlers have not yet allowed him to have a press conference would permit him to sit down to an interview without having a list of the questions to be asked. But maybe the interviewer caught him off guard with the killer question. How he could be allowed to talk like that about the leader of a country as important as Russia in global affairs is just incredible. How is this idiot now going to sit down and have any kind of meaningful talk with Putin? Or will Harris step in as “good cop?” since apparently she is the one talking to world leaders. “Hi Vlad. Kamala here. Don’t mind old Joe, he was off his meds again. Let’s chat.”

We have exactly nobody at the helm who has a clue about diplomacy. We have become so narcissistic that we are simply no longer capable of seeing anything, especially anything remotely resembling reality. Pelosi was worried about Trump with the nuclear codes? I am much more alarmed by who exactly has their finger on that button right now. What little committee that might consist of we have no idea, but we can safely imagine it is singularly unqualified.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

• Past Covid Infections Don’t Confer Strong Enough Immunity (F.)

The study results suggest that previous infection gives “a protection rate against reinfection of 80.5%.” This is right up there with the effectiveness of vaccines, maybe even higher when considering the variants.

“Don’t Confer Strong Enough Immunity” is the slant to fit the narrative.

Meanwhile, there are increasing cases where Covid Vaccines Don’t Confer Strong Enough Immunity.

From the Hawai’i State Department of Health, March 11

The Department of Health also recently identified a case of COVID-19 in a fully vaccinated Hawai‘i healthcare worker which was associated with recent travel to the mainland United States. An Oahu healthcare worker received two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine in accordance with recommended vaccine guidelines, completing the vaccine series in early January 2021. The individual then traveled to multiple mainland U.S. cities approximately one month later. Pre-travel testing was performed for the individual and a travel companion in preparation for returning to Hawai‘i. Results were received after the travelers arrived back in Hawai’i; both individuals tested positive.

The next day, March 12, “The Hawaii Department of Health (DOH) has announced three cases in which a fully vaccinated person contracted COVID-19. The DOH said, fully vaccinated means the person received both doses of the Moderna and/or Pfizer vaccine.”
    www. khon2.com/coronavirus/doh-confirms-3-vaccinated-hawaii-residents-tested-positive-for-covid-19/

This can’t just be happening in Hawaii. Are the other states suppressing the news of vaccinated people catching Covid?

Mister Roboto
    Participant

A little while back I saw one of the local marginal evangelical Xtians holding a sign at bus-stop that proclaimed “LESBIANS RUN AMERICA! I wasn’t able to bring myself to believe that, because if the lesbians were actually in charge, I really have to think we wouldn’t be in the royal mess we’re in right now.

absolute galore
    Participant

More unreality: The entire front fold of the digital New York Times is devoted to the rise of violence against Asians, people of color, and women. All tied to a tragic bloodbath in the Atlanta area committed by a 21-year-old who has confessed to having a “sex addiction.” Can we wait for the investigation before rolling out the editorials? Because isn’t that inflaming a bad situation with so far unrelated events? But since speculation now counts as hard news, once they made the assumption they went full in, because it bolsters their narrative.

absolute galore
    Participant

@Doc Robinson I was talking with a friend last night who just got the Johnson and Johnson single shot, in anticipation of visiting her elderly parents, who got their double dose shots. But she is hesitant, because a friend of hers just came down with Covid a week after receiving her second shot. I think we may hear more stories like this as people start to congregate thinking they are fully protected by their vaccinations.

Mr. House
    Participant

@absolute galore

They were actually talking about that for a month before the shooting. People were being attacked in SF by non white people and they were calling it white supremacy. Lots of people on zerohedge were actually calling for a FF and were not surprised when that happened the other day. As the empire falls apart more quickly we will only get more unreality. If you’ve ever watched the movie a street car named desire, i’d say the united states is blanche.

zerosum
    Participant

Finding the truth
    Required Masks to save your life.
    Paint, Mining, Asbestos, smoke/fires, and deadly virus.
    Overkill
    ———–
    What are the indicators of a lie and/or a truth?
    1. Who is the messenger
    2. Who is the receiver
    3. Why is the message being transmitted
    ———
    common sense is the truth
    Ask Trump
    Ask Biden

——–
    Fear
    Chose wisely. Life with the angels or life in a care home.
    Healthcare professionals emphasise that resuscitation is both invasive and traumatic with only a 15-20% survival rate when performed in hospitals and a 5-10% success rate when performed outside hospitals.
    ——
    Diplomacy is the art of insulting without hurting anybody’s feeling
    ———
    Truth
    If you don’t agree with the answer, change the question.

——
    Lies are for the past. Truth is for the future.
    ——–
    Repetition consumes energy.
    Repetition does not make it truth
    Ask a politician

——-
    ‘m still confused.
    ‘m still looking

———

Mr. House
    Participant

“Whoever you are…I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.”

Doc Robinson
    Participant

The latest data on excess deaths in Europe (for week 10, 2021) was released today. The total weekly excess deaths, from all causes, are again below the baseline (below zero) for every age category.

Looking at the map, all of the reporting countries are showing “No excess” deaths in Week 10 except for Estonia, Netherlands, and Israel (“moderate” excess, one step above “low” excess.)

The media has lots of coverage about Israel’s success with the vaccines, but I haven’t seen any news coverage about why Israel’s excess deaths are higher than all those countries in Europe.

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps#excess-mortality
    (choose Weekly instead of Cumulated)

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ Mr. House

Does “FF” mean ‘false flag’? Or?

$%^

Violence against and by Asians is part of San Francisco’s founding DNA.

^&*

As for the immunity remarks: what they’re calling vaccines, aren’t. Immunity isn’t part of the deal. LOrd knows what those imbeciles think they’re doing. Which reminds me: it occurred to me that being evil requires exertion while being stupid requires inertia.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Silver Lining

Take this silver lining
    Keep it in your own
    Sweet head
    And shine it when the night is
    Burning red
    Shine it in the twilight
    Shine it on the cold, cold ground
    Shine it till these walls
    Come tumbling down
    We were born with our eyes wide open
    So alive with wild hope now
    Can you tell me why
    Time after time they drag you down
    Down in the darkest deep
    Fools and their madness all around
    Know that the light don’t sleep
    Step into the silence
    Take it in your own
    Two hands
    And scatter it like diamonds
    All across these lands
    Blaze it in the morning
    Got to wear it like an iron skin
    Only things worth living for
    Innocence and magic, amen
    We were born with our eyes wide open
    So alive with wild hope now
    Can you tell me why
    Time after time they drag you down
    Down in the darkest deep
    Fools and their madness all around

Germ
    Participant

“Global Coup d’État: Mapping the Corporate Takeover of Global Governance”
    https://dryburgh.com/nick-buxton-great-reset-global-coup-detat/

Northern Ireland: Dr. Anne McCloskey on COVID Fraud
    https://www.cryptogon.com/?p=60955

zerosum
    Participant

Secretary of State Antony Blinken and national security adviser Jake Sullivan will meet China’s top two diplomats, State Councilor Wang Yi and Chinese Communist Party foreign affairs chief Yang Jiechi, in Anchorage, Alaska.

But so far, Biden declined to rescind hundreds of billions of dollars in tariffs imposed by Trump against China or to lift bans on Chinese apps.

Just a day before the meeting, Blinken announced new sanctions on officials over China’s crackdown on pro-democracy advocates in Hong Kong. In response, the Chinese stepped up their rhetoric opposing U.S. interference in domestic affairs.

The United States and China will face a new test in their increasingly troubled relations when top officials from both countries meet in Alaska.

Ties between the world’s two largest economies have been torn for years and the Biden administration has yet to signal it’s ready or willing to back down on the hard-line stances taken under President Donald Trump. Nor has China signalled it’s prepared to ease the pressure it has brought to bear. Thus, the stage is set for a contentious first face-to-face meeting Thursday.

No agreements are expected.

Blinken will attend the meeting having just come from Japan and South Korea, where he and Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin were promoting the Biden administration’s commitment to its treaty allies in Asia.

The imposition of sanctions “fully exposes the U.S. side’s sinister intention to interfere in China’s internal affairs, disrupt Hong Kong and obstruct China’s stability and development,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian told reporters at a daily briefing Wednesday.

The White House set low expectations for Blinken and Sullivan’s meeting, which officials say will be an initial opportunity to address intense disagreements.

The senior administration official described the talks as a chance for the two sides for “taking stock” determining the kickback in the relationship.

Mr. House
    Participant

This fits with the CY post yesterday about killing ghosts

https://deflationland.blogspot.com/2014/03/currency-collapse-is-agency-of-reform.html

FF stands for false flag.

Mr. House
    Participant

Collapse of the Treasury complex and of the Dollar do not necessarily bring back our Old Republic. Classical political thought holds that tyranny follows democratic excess and collapse, and we are very likely to have a series of Caesars.

Vladimir Putin is a Caesar, actually not a bad one at that, but he is what the Russian people needed after their own collapse, and I believe that he does act in the best interests of the Russian Federation. His personal fortune is excessive and an embarrassment; a true statesman would repatriate the bulk of it to the Russian people in their hour of need. But I am not Simonides to Putin’s Hiero.”

Mr. House
    Participant

Faced as we are with this destiny, there is only one world outlook that is worthy of us, that which has already been mentioned as the Choice of Achilles — better a short life, full of deeds and glory, than a long life without content. Already the danger is so great, for every individual, every class, every people, that to cherish any illusion whatever is deplorable. Time does not suffer itself to be halted; there is no question of prudent retreat or wise renunciation. Only dreamers believe that there is a way out. Optimism is cowardice.

We are born into this time and must bravely follow the path to the destined end. There is no other way. Our duty is to hold on to the lost position, without hope, without rescue, like that Roman soldier whose bones were found in front of a door in Pompeii, who, during the eruption of Vesuvius, died at his post because they forgot to relieve him. That is greatness. That is what it means to be a thoroughbred. The honourable end is the one thing that can not be taken from a man.

— Oswald Spengler, Man and Technics, Knopf, 1932

John Day
    Participant

The Nymphs are very attractive and alluring!
    Uh, what was the rest of that story?

@Madamski
    , what do you think?
    (BTW, that was a very good commentary about the upcoming geopolitical worst of times in the USA bringing out the best in people (and teher other stuff, too). I am observing Texans opening up more since the Deep-Freeze last month, more smiles and eye contact and street conversations.

Dr. D
    Participant

“Biden: Putin Is A Killer (Ind.)”

Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is the Biden who took millions from Moscow?

Maybe he’s forgotten when you buy something which side is the owner.

“How do you get the politics out of this vaccine talk?”

By not saying this: “I can hug my grandkids now.” Which is anti-science since kids don’t get it. That was your research, not mine. When your vaccine and vaccine-sciencey explanations make no sense it makes us suspicious.

“Border patrol have been told to deny all media”

Most transparent ever. Like Obama, who imprisoned more whistleblowers than all Presidents combined. Doesn’t matter because #Reality.

“Joe Biden’s ‘Putin Is a Killer’ Claim a ‘Tantrum of Powerlessness’ – MP (RT)”

Maybe they should accidentally shut off the gas pipes to England and see what they think. Since he comes from #OppositeLand, above, he may have forgotten who’s in charge.

“This is no way for the leader of a country that claims to be a bearer of democratic principles and morality to behave.“

Yeah! Putin is a killer. You can’t tell the #Truth. That’s the only remaining law of the West.

But it hardly matters: Trump gave Putin’s wish list to strengthen Russia with the last sanctions, and everybody already knows we’re collapsed and “not agreement capable.”

“Most people who catch Covid-19 are unlikely to get sick from the disease again, but reinfection is more common than previously thought”

And also can’t tell and don’t care since they’re not sick. I also get Corona monthly because it’s the common cold. I also can’t tell. Not even if it’s Covid. Am I making this up? This is their own sentence: “people who catch Covid-19 are unlikely to get sick from the disease again

Goblin-Fairies also invisibly circle me on the full moon, but since I can’t see them and they have no effect I don’t care. This is what science has come to: their version of invisible angels on a pin.

“AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine”

My guess is profits aren’t high since half the healthcare workers won’t take it. Therefore some Pharma companies are cannibalizing the others. …Not that they don’t deserve it. Pretty clearly they are killing hundreds, thousands? But it’s all the same-old, God’s work.

“Blanket DNR”

This is a tough case, since you’re in a nursing home, therefore not recovering, and if we DO resuscitate, we’re going to break your sternum and a bunch of ribs. Probably. And it probably won’t work anyway. Probably. And therefore a horror not only for you, but the healthcare worker. But yes, this is properly a discussion and decision…

Death (Image)

I’m sorry there are limits to timespace. Just deny #Reality like everybody else and I’m sure it’ll all get better.

“designed to prevent federal money from subsidizing new tax cuts..”

Why bother? Our taxes don’t pay for anything now and haven’t in decades. It’s all inflation/borrowing/printing money. We’re never going to pay it back: stop the charade. Oh wait, Rule #1 of the West: Never tell the truth. As Churchill said, “Never tell the truth. Never, never, never, never–in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never.” …Or something like that.

” Ohio AG Sues Biden Administration Over Pandemic Bill (Hill)”

Yes but the Supreme Court no longer hears cases so, good luck.

“Markets” There may be one market left, sort of. UST 10-year is now at 1.75% Since the low was 0.32%, rates have risen fivefold in an economic Great Depression. Dodge this.

“But federal debt can be redeemed by the Federal Reserve printing the money with which to retire the bonds.”

Yes they can. But then rates quintuple and your yearly interest payments rise 500%. The dollar falls and Bitcoin rises 1300%x, displacing the dollar in places like Kenya. Stop me when any of this sounds familiar.

The SEC just told Michael Burry of the Big Short not to tell the truth. Since that is our only enemy. Meanwhile after placing a legal order on Musk he told them to suck his…but this is a family show…I’ll tweet all I want, and they said, “How much sir?” The only enemy is the truth. Just like last time. In ’08. And ’01. And ’94. And 1979. We said it all then and were right. We know they are lying. Yet they are still lying. And we are still crediting, believing, and following the liars who got it wrong, and punishing the truthtellers who get it right. #OppositeLand.

Bitcoin Bros Rediscovering Our Monetary Past (AIER)”

Yes and that makes it a trap. But it’s your job to steal the bait and destroy the trap, which is easier than ever. You’re using $60,000 of their own money, their complete failure, measured mathematically.

““LESBIANS RUN AMERICA!”

Yeah, but it’s run by Biden, who’s not a man, and Kamala, who’s not a woman, so…

Mr. House
    Participant

Dr. D reads the sandman comics?

John Day
    Participant
    John Day
    Participant

Helen of DesTroy (Thanks Wiggs, RUSSIAN Alert!)
    ​ ​Faith in Big Brother’s willingness to toss out a last-minute lifesaver has bred a profound laziness into the American media establishment – a phenomenon some have dubbed ‘truth decay’ – that has wrecked not just its quality, but its believability. The media establishment, effectively dominated by just six companies – Time Warner, Disney, News Corporation, Comcast, Viacom and CBS – survives to fight another day, but at what cost? Even the most amateur-hour alt-media enterprise comes off more believable than an article from the Washington Post or the New York Times, which bear up each other’s falsehoods only to see themselves further discredited, driving their former audiences into what they insist on dubbing the ‘fringe’ – outlets populated by their own former employees who, no longer capable of looking themselves in the eye after a workday spent lying furiously to their public, are abandoning their former employers like rats deserting the proverbial sinking ships.
    http://www.rt.com/op-ed/518367-establishment-media-cartel-narrative-collapse/

John Day
    Participant

Rumored “Russian asset”, Paul Craig Roberts. Thanks Wiggs (Where are you from?)​
    ​ ​Putin came to power as the American neoconservatives were girding up to establish US and Israeli hegemony in the Middle East. As General Wesley Clark told us, seven countries were to be overthrown in 5 years. The American preoccupation with the Middle East permitted Putin to throw off American overlordship and reestablish Russian sovereignty. Once Washington realized this, the American establishment turned on Putin with a veng​a​nce.
    ​ ​Stephen Cohen, Jack Matlock (Reagan’s ambassador to the Soviet Union), myself and a few others warned that Washington’s refusal to accept Russian independence would reignite the Cold War, thus erasing the accomplishment of ending it and resurrecting the specter of nuclear war. But Washington didn’t listen. Instead, Cohen and I were put on a list of “Russian agents/dupes,” and the process of trying to destabalize Putin began. In other words, once an American colony always an American colony, and Putin became the most demonized person on earth.
    ​ ​Today (March 17) we had the extraordinary spectacle of President Biden saying on ABC News that President Putin is a killer, and “he will pay a price.” This is a new low point in diplomacy. It does not serve American interests or peace…
    ​ ​In the United States Russian Studies has degenerated into propaganda. Recently, two members of the Atlantic Council think tank, Emma Ashford and Matthew Burrows, suggested that American foreign policy could benefit from a less hostile approach to Russia. Instantly, 22 members of the think tank denounced the article by Ashford and Burrows.
    ​ ​This response is far outside the boundaries of the 20th century Cold War. It precludes any rational or intelligent approach to American foreign policy. Sooner or later the Kremlin will comprehend that it is confronted by a gangster outfit of the criminally insane. Then what happens?
    http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2021/03/17/washington-has-resurrected-the-specter-of-nuclear-armageddon/

​Are the Russians getting suspicious of America?​
    Russian ambassador to US summoned back to Moscow for consultations on future relations with Washington
    http://www.rt.com/russia/518406-ambassador-antonov-us-biden/

​Them’s Fightin’ Words!
    Putin Responds To Biden’s “Killer” Slur: “It Takes One To Know One”
    http://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/putin-responds-biden-killer-slur-it-takes-one-know-one

​(Irish-Russian?) ​RFK, Jr. to President Biden: No. 1 Driver of Vaccine Hesitancy Is Mistrust of Regulators
    Children’s Health Defense Chairman RFK, Jr. says transparency, robust science and a functional surveillance system are the only ways to build public trust for the COVID vaccine.
    childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/rfk-jr-president-biden-vaers/

Noirette
    Participant

From around here, France, Switz. some legal issues re. Covid.

1. In F, as the vaccines are approved only for ‘emergency’ use, informed consent is required. In principle, a pre-vax meet with a medico who explains, at least 5 days before, must be done. Consent can be verbal, and withdrawn at any time. —Note Spain has had two court cases where the judge ruled that forced vaccination was legitimate – both cases involved old ppl in care homes with family opposed to the vaccine.—

No doubt the letter of the guidance is not rigorously followed, particularly in old ppls homes, yet, such is the legal frame. Once the person has been vaccinated, it will be (imho) well-nigh impossible to prove ‘error’ or ‘coercion’.

Life Insurance Cos. have made their position public, in F, for now only thru interviews, e-mails, responses to individual queries, etc. ..>..

Dying post cov-vaccine is tantamount to a voluntary participation in an experiment. Put for ex. in these terms, trans. participating in a bio-medical experiment, which is an exclusionary case ..

In ‘official’ Med. trials, the subjects, as willing participants, either forego compensation for insult, or the responsibility falls to the drug Co. or the State, or is shared, all as agreed to, signed, beforehand.

So, in F, for post-vax death, insurance policies won’t be paid to the beneficaries. *Unless the State intervenes.

2. In Switz. small biz owners have discovered that many of them had (private, personal/own biz) insurance against biz losses in case of an EPIDEMIC. Typically, a medium-end popular restaurant I know of, with two venues, making money hand over fist. But as the WHO declared a PANDEMIC, these biz. are not being paid the compensation. … *Unless the State invervenes..

Such snarls may concern many others in other places…What about ppl’s, private, or public (or mix) health insurance / guarantees / State policies. Ex. What about long-haul Covid in various settings? How are the sufferers going to be ‘classed’, treated? Disabled? Chronic infection?

2 links MSM in next post.

Noirette
    Participant

links didn’t post

upstateNYer
    Participant

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vaccine-children-moderna/
    [CBS news story, in case the link above doesn’t post (story can be found in multiple sources via web search)]

Moderna has begun testing its COVID-19 vaccine on young children, the company announced Tuesday. The study, called KidCOVE, is testing Moderna’s vaccine candidate in children ages 6 months to less than 12 years old.

Moderna plans to enroll approximately 6,750 pediatric participants in the U.S. and Canada in the two-part study. In part 1, each participant ages 2 years to less than 12 years may receive one of two dose levels, while each participant ages six months to less than 2 years may receive one of three dose levels.
    Following analysis, researchers will determine which dose will be used in part 2 of the study, which involves a placebo for comparison.

Children participating in the study will be followed for 12 months after receiving the second vaccination. The vaccine’s effectiveness, as well as its safety and reactogenicity (potential side effects like injection-site pain, headache and fever) will be studied.

The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), part of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, are helping conduct the study.

I have young grandchildren. I am extremely worried. They’re “following the children for 12 months” after vaccination. 12 months? What in god’s name are we doing??

John Day
    Participant

Russians Kill Everybody
    https://www.johndayblog.com/2021/03/russians-kill-everybody.html

Helen of DesTroy (Thanks Wiggs, RUSSIAN Alert!)
    ​ ​Faith in Big Brother’s willingness to toss out a last-minute lifesaver has bred a profound laziness into the American media establishment – a phenomenon some have dubbed ‘truth decay’ – that has wrecked not just its quality, but its believability. The media establishment, effectively dominated by just six companies – Time Warner, Disney, News Corporation, Comcast, Viacom and CBS – survives to fight another day, but at what cost? Even the most amateur-hour alt-media enterprise comes off more believable than an article from the Washington Post or the New York Times, which bear up each other’s falsehoods only to see themselves further discredited, driving their former audiences into what they insist on dubbing the ‘fringe’ – outlets populated by their own former employees who, no longer capable of looking themselves in the eye after a workday spent lying furiously to their public, are abandoning their former employers like rats deserting the proverbial sinking ships.
    https://www.rt.com/op-ed/518367-establishment-media-cartel-narrative-collapse/

Glenn Greenwood, via the ​slanderous, ​pro-Russian, renegade Substack platform:
    How Do Big Media Outlets So Often “Independently Confirm” Each Other’s Falsehoods?
    https://greenwald.substack.com/p/how-do-big-media-outlets-so-often

​Rumored “Russian asset”, Paul Craig Roberts. Thanks Wiggs (Where are you from?)​
    ​ ​Putin came to power as the American neoconservatives were girding up to establish US and Israeli hegemony in the Middle East. As General Wesley Clark told us, seven countries were to be overthrown in 5 years. The American preoccupation with the Middle East permitted Putin to throw off American overlordship and reestablish Russian sovereignty. Once Washington realized this, the American establishment turned on Putin with a veng​a​nce.
    ​ ​Stephen Cohen, Jack Matlock (Reagan’s ambassador to the Soviet Union), myself and a few others warned that Washington’s refusal to accept Russian independence would reignite the Cold War, thus erasing the accomplishment of ending it and resurrecting the specter of nuclear war. But Washington didn’t listen. Instead, Cohen and I were put on a list of “Russian agents/dupes,” and the process of trying to destabalize Putin began. In other words, once an American colony always an American colony, and Putin became the most demonized person on earth.
    ​ ​Today (March 17) we had the extraordinary spectacle of President Biden saying on ABC News that President Putin is a killer, and “he will pay a price.” This is a new low point in diplomacy. It does not serve American interests or peace…
    ​ ​In the United States Russian Studies has degenerated into propaganda. Recently, two members of the Atlantic Council think tank, Emma Ashford and Matthew Burrows, suggested that American foreign policy could benefit from a less hostile approach to Russia. Instantly, 22 members of the think tank denounced the article by Ashford and Burrows.
    ​ ​This response is far outside the boundaries of the 20th century Cold War. It precludes any rational or intelligent approach to American foreign policy. Sooner or later the Kremlin will comprehend that it is confronted by a gangster outfit of the criminally insane. Then what happens?

Washington Has Resurrected the Specter of Nuclear Armageddon

​Are the Russians getting suspicious of America?​
    Russian ambassador to US summoned back to Moscow for consultations on future relations with Washington
    https://www.rt.com/russia/518406-ambassador-antonov-us-biden/

​Them’s Fightin’ Words!
    Putin Responds To Biden’s “Killer” Slur: “It Takes One To Know One”
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/putin-responds-biden-killer-slur-it-takes-one-know-one

​(Irish-Russian?) ​RFK, Jr. to President Biden: No. 1 Driver of Vaccine Hesitancy Is Mistrust of Regulators
    Children’s Health Defense Chairman RFK, Jr. says transparency, robust science and a functional surveillance system are the only ways to build public trust for the COVID vaccine.

RFK, Jr. to President Biden: No. 1 Driver of Vaccine Hesitancy Is Mistrust of Regulators

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ John Day

They’re too waif-like for me. And at my age, thinking of them erotically feels pedophilic. 😉

^&*

@ Mr. House

Lovely quotes and refernces today. The Spengler in particular perked my wrinkles.

^&*

Regarding CHurchill and truth:

“There are a lot of lies going around… and half of them are true.”

“In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies.”

“A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.”

“Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminological_inexactitude#:~:text=Terminological%20inexactitude%20is%20a%20phrase,phrase%20following%20the%201906%20election.

I suspect old Stalin goty a kick watching Winnie and FDR scam each other.

Noirette
    Participant
    Noirette
    Participant
    Oroboros
    Participant

Hylas and the Nymphs

An Epstein ‘honeypot’ hustle

Bill7
    Participant

“The quaint old forms-elections, parliaments, Supreme Courts and all the rest will remain. The underlying substance will be a new kind of nonviolent totalitarianism. All the traditional names, all the hallowed slogans will remain exactly what they were in the good old days. Democracy and freedom will be the theme of every broadcast and editorial . . . Meanwhile the ruling oligarchy and its highly trained elite of soldiers, policemen, thought-manufacturers and mind-manipulators will quietly run the show as they see fit.”

-Aldous Huxley, “Brave New World Revisited” 1958

“A just law is a man-made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law. Any law that uplifts human personality is just. Any law that degrades human personality is unjust… One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”

hear, hear.

Germ
    Participant
    zerosum
    Participant

Look! Same story. Different slant. Who is not telling the truth? Who is doing a character assassination?

1. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rand-paul-fauci-wearing-masks-covid-vaccine-theater
    Rand Paul spar with Dr. Fauci over masks Fauci stressed that vaccines and natural immunity did not protect against COVID variants

2. https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-rand-paul-accused-dr-164045169.html
    Sen. Rand Paul accused Dr. Fauci of ‘theater’ and wearing masks ‘for show’ after being vaccinated

3. https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4952626/senator-rand-paul-clashes-dr-fauci-mask-wearing
    CLIP OF DR. FAUCI, CDC DIRECTOR DR. WALENSKY & FEDERAL OFFICIALS TESTIFY ON COVID-19 RESPONSE
    Senator Rand Paul Clashes with Dr. Fauci Over Mask-Wearing

4. https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2021/03/18/watch-rand-paul-destroy-dr-fauci-over-mask-wearing-you-parade-around-in-two-masks-for-show-n1433482
    Watch Rand Paul Destroy Dr. Fauci Over Mask Wearing: ‘You Parade Around in Two Masks for Show’

5. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/uselection/rand-paul-challenges-dr-fauci-again/vi-BB1eJeKB
    See Rand Paul spar with Dr. Fauci over masks

6. https://www.businessinsider.com/rand-paul-accuses-fauci-of-theater-wearing-masks-for-show-2021-3
    Sen. Rand Paul accused Dr. Fauci of ‘theater’ and wearing masks ‘for show’ after being vaccinated

7. https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2021/03/18/watch-rand-paul-destroy-dr-fauci- -mask-wearing-you-parade-around-in-two-masks-for-show-n1433482
    Watch Rand Paul Destroy Dr. Fauci Over Mask Wearing: ‘You Parade Around in Two Masks for Show’

zerosum
    Participant

Look! Same story. Different slant. Who is not telling the truth? Who is doing a character assassination?

1. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/rand-paul-fauci-wearing-masks-covid-vaccine-theater
    Rand Paul spar with Dr. Fauci over masks Fauci stressed that vaccines and natural immunity did not protect against COVID variants

2. http://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-rand-paul-accused-dr-164045169.html

3. http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4952626/senator-rand-paul-clashes-dr-fauci-mask-wearing
    CLIP OF DR. FAUCI, CDC DIRECTOR DR. WALENSKY & FEDERAL OFFICIALS TESTIFY ON COVID-19 RESPONSE
    Senator Rand Paul Clashes with Dr. Fauci Over Mask-Wearing

4. pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2021/03/18/watch-rand-paul-destroy-dr-fauci-over-mask-wearing-you-parade-around-in-two-masks-for-show-n1433482

5. http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/uselection/rand-paul-challenges-dr-fauci-again/vi-BB1eJeKB
    See Rand Paul spar with Dr. Fauci over masks

6. http://www.businessinsider.com/rand-paul-accuses-fauci-of-theater-wearing-masks-for-show-2021-3

zerosum
    Participant

First time – double post

madamski cafone
    Participant

Bravo. I clicked the site and it showed me a Patron subscriber request. But it didn’t block me, just nudged me to subscribe (which I did). Nice gentle start. Well done.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

How can the Covid vaccine trials on infants and children be considered ethical? Setting aside the informed consent issue, the benefits to children are minimal, while the potential risks to these children are substantial.

The above chart (deleted because it wouldn’t post) shows that the Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) for those under age 20 is only 3 (or less) deaths per 100,000 infections. The IFR doesn’t reach 100 per 100,000 (or 1 death per 1,000 infections) until age 45-49. It jumps up to 1,000 deaths per 100,000 infections (1%) in ages 65-69, increasing to 3,000 per 100,000 (3%) for ages 75-79.

The vaccine might make sense for someone in the 75-79 age group who is scared of a 3% fatality rate, but people of that age are literally 1000 times more likely to die from Covid than somebody under age 20 (according to that chart).

The CDC has published similar data.
    Risk for COVID-19 Infection, Hospitalization, and Death By Age Group
    Compared with 5—17-year-olds, the rate of death is 45 times higher in 30—39-year-olds, [2,800 times higher in 75—84-year-olds,] and 7,900 times higher in 85+-year-olds.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/investigations-discovery/hospitalization-death-by-age.html

The vaccine benefit/risk judgement call for oldsters is much different that for youngsters, since the risk to oldsters is thousands of times higher, while the long-term risks of the experimental vaccine are much higher for the youngsters (who have their whole lives ahead of them).

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ zerosum

Fun watching Fauci’s face as Rand makes it clear he thinks he’s a complete shithead. You can see the pressure around Fauci’s eyes, the strain in his smile. Oh, he knows Rand won’t get anywhere in that confrontation, nor do I know if he’s smart enough to see his fall from grace on the horizon. But his massive ego is taking fire and it isn’t used to that. His smug condescension doesn’t even make Rand blink.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.