Debt Rattle March 23 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 23 2018

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Edvard Munch Spring 1889   • China Hits Back on Trump Tariffs as Europe Off the Hook for Now (BBG) • Asian Stocks Plunge As Trump’s Trade War Hea
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 23 2018]

Dr. D
    Participant

Ehrlich’s got problems. First, as the article states, his apocalyptic predictions never happened. Sort of. So like Hawking, he debunked or disproved his own thesis? I mean, maybe not, but that doesn’t inspire confidence. Second, geographically, all the people could fit into Texas, so what’s his scientific basis for a 2 Billion cap? That he doesn’t like people? There’s 6B now, and we seem alright, probably could all live pretty darn well, actually. If we all lived like monks, or some space eco-fantasy, we’d be cheerful and nowhere near the population cap. It might be double who knows? So we’ve got wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Speaking of, he says the way to fix this is income redistribution. Wow. Agog. The one thing that’s killing people is unprecedented — and intentional — income redistribution. So, smart guy, what happens if you give the wealth of the top 10 people in America, or 3/4 of a Trillion dollars to the poor in India, or God forbid, America? I think they would go out and buy a middle class lifestyle, consuming 2 more Americas of resources. So the only thing PREVENTING his ecological Armageddon is the total devastation and poverty of most of the world. …Which is well-known, well-discussed, and arguably well-promoted by those same rich countries and billionaires who call for the new eugenics at every turn. Who I expect is Ehrlich’s employer, via newspapers, books, and universities who are well on board the eco-eugenics wagon.

So if he believes what he says, he needs to support the income disparity to reduce population, not reduce it. Can’t have it both ways. …Or since year after year no one notices, apparently you can.

Anyway, at the moment we aren’t trying anything. At all. Nothing. We’re actively doing the opposite with our Teslas, our private jets and malls. So I expect we’re nowhere near the population limit, even outside an eco-utopia. So I resent the proposal that billions need to be killed for the greater good. Of whom? Not those billions. I think for the greater good of those billionaires.

Before we give up and murder billions maybe, just maybe, you should grow a 8×10 garden in the verge. I mean we tried the eugenics/murder thing last time and it didn’t work out so well. Can we? Or is $12 for seeds too much to start?

zerosum
    Participant

Its too late to wake up!
    Its time to take another pill.
    The system is working as it is intended.
    More pain killers will be required.
    la-la-land was so sooooting
    innocence of children
    reality means pain
    pain means taking pain killers

Ask: “If everyone was fully invested, If everyone was fully leveraged.
    Where is the new money coming from to buy the lows?”
    Today’s DOW – 424.69 1.77%

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.