Debt Rattle March 25 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 25 2017

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Dorothea Lange Drought hit OK farm family on way to CA 1936   • With Health Bill Down, Trump Can Still Unleash HHS To Bedevil Obamacare (MW) • Th
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 25 2017]

zerosum
    Participant

The Canadians will keep spending money they don’t have until they will turn into Greeks!!!!

Patricia
    Participant

Zerosum, as long as Canada is a sovereign Country it can NEVER turn into Greece. Greece is not a sovereign country.

Nassim
    Participant

“Big defeat. But not a knock-out. Trump needs better advisers”

Personally, I think that it is best not to tinker with a disastrously and maliciously-designed sick care system. It is best to let it collapse and start again by putting medical professionals in direct contact with their patients – cutting out the insurance companies, most of the regulatory framework and the tort lawyers.

The system is designed to destroy the doctor-patient relationship – by controlling both doctors and the patients and turning them into antagonists.

People who look after themselves and the young subsidise massively those who don’t look after themselves and those who are old (like me). Pharmaceutical companies charge multiples of what the cost of ex-patent medications cost elsewhere. Very little of their money actually goes on research – it mostly goes on marketing in one way of another. Despite appearances, improvements to medications have been minor compared to the great breakthroughs of the past – diminishing returns. Pharmaceutical companies incentivise doctors to prescribe their – expensive – offerings over older, but just as effective, medications.

The Outrageous Ways Big Pharma Has Bribed Doctors to Shill Drugs (USA)

Individual NHS doctors receiving £100,000 per year from drugs firms (UK)

The USA is not the only place where this is going on. Someone close to me recently had a minor surgical procedure carried out. She paid much more for the hospital room for the 6 hours of her stay (30 minutes in theatre) than she paid to the surgeon plus anaesthetist – in Melbourne.

MickN
    Participant

Have come back several times today just to look at that photograph. A true work of art.

Lurked for a while-what seems to join up most of your posts is that as you say “There is no growth” What don’t our leaders get about that.

Any way keep up the good work – small donations ( I’m retired) incoming before the pound tanks or otherwise – who knows in this nirpy/zirpy world – Alice would have at home.

thanks Mick

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.