Debt Rattle March 9 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 9 2018

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Broadway, New York 1954   • Trump’s Historic Bet on Kim Summit Shatters Decades of Orthodoxy (BBG) • Trump Sets Steel And Aluminum Tariffs; Canad
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 9 2018]

oxymoron
    Participant

The oceans used to be the great sinks of the world catching all the nutrient and plant and animal matter washed from land and recombined into a vast array of seemingly endless varieties and volumes of creatures. They are now getting to be like wet deserts.
    When you are alive to see an animal or a person die it has an impact but to see an ocean of sea life, and the flying and walking and crawling things that spawn from it disappear in your lifetime – well my friends, that is truly a cause for deep contemplation.

V. Arnold
    Participant

The opioid epidemic will continue to get worse. Only those who have danced, intimately, with opioids has a clue why this is happening.
    The professionals, for the most part, understand from an intellectual pov; which, in fact, is no, valid, pov at all
    The sheer ecstacy erases all misery/pain, no matter how low one has fallen: if even only for an hour or two.
    Offer hope to those who have none; and one may save a few; but, the U.S. has fallen way too far for even the barest of solutions to have a meaningful effect.
    Ultimately; this comes down to individual, internal fortitude; a remembering of a forgotten sense of self worth, dredged from depths of which most have no idea.
    It can be done; but not for most.

sumac.carol
    Participant

Truly heart-breaking what we are doing to life on earth. I see almost no willingness to stop the pillage.

There’s a willingness to stop the pillage, but not a willingness to pay the price for that.

That is due to political and economic systems having vested interests (votes & profits) in making people believe they don’t have to pay any such price and still soothe their consciences.

Just buy green! Only, to keep the ‘green’ ruse going requires sheer endless amounts of subsidies, ”investment”, and bank loans. So far people fall for this scheme. It’s simply marketing: of course you can save the planet (your children’s planet) from your comfy chair. That’s what people want to hear, and so that is what they will be offered.

Actually, really, stopping the mayhem would require much more far-reaching changes. Which would threaten the business models of both incumbent politicians and industries.

The whole shebang will have to come down first, before it can be replaced by something that doesn’t depend on fooling people into believing in green pies in the sky.

Plastics equals oil. Who’s going to stop that industry from making sure their products keep being used? Ever more?

zerosum
    Participant

I have looked at many sites to find out if fentanyl is addictive or could be a substitute for opioids pain killers.
    Here is one.
    https://www.drugs.com/sfx/fentanyl-side-….
    At my age, I still don’t want to get addicted.

regionswork
    Participant

Readers may be interested in learning about the existence of this group:
    The Regional Studies Association Research Network on Financial Geography (FinGeo) “is to take a debate on “finance and regional studies” to the next level by building a global network of researchers in order to leadcutting-edge research on financial geographies, which are critical to regional studies and yet continue to be underexplored by the field”.

Information will be found on the Fifth FINGEO Global Seminar – European Spaces of Financialization
    28th May, 2018 – 29th May, 2018 – Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium

The main site: Global Network on Financial Geography (FinGeo)

FinGeo notes many sessions related to financial geography will be at the 5th Global Conference on Economic Geography – “Dynamics in an Unequal World” July 24 – 28, 2018, University of Cologne

Professorlocknload
    Participant

@arnold,
    Though I have never had addiction problems, other than being helplessly drawn to websites such as this one, among my friends are a few with addictive personalities. 2 out of 3 have found solace in realignment of perspectives. Looking inward for a starting point, rather than expecting external solutions. There is something to this approach: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about-addiction/201110/mindfulness-meditation-and-addiction

An alternative “Perspective?” https://terebess.hu/zen/101ZenStones.pdf

As for addiction, Bukowski was on to something when he said:

Find what you love, and let it kill you

Nassim
    Participant

This link should work:

Fentanyl Side Effects

zerosum
    Participant

Thanks.
    I didn’t realize that it did not work.

olo530
    Participant

I don’t get it, plastic stuff discolors and crumbles if left outside for too long, but keeps floating near the surface for years and years? What am I missing?

sumac.carol
    Participant

I agree that the whole shebang will have to come down first which is not a great illustration of our capacity as a species. I hear some people expressing fear about what will replace our current existence but I am far more concerned about the damage being inflicted by the current system.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.