Debt Rattle May 21 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 21 2021

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    phoenixvoice
    Participant

@ Polder dweller
    Thanks! I would appreciate that. I’m very curious whether or not my kids — who quarantined with myself and partner when we had Covid, never got sick, never came up positive with PCR – have immunity.

WES
    Participant

Well if anybody wants to discriminate against me for not yet being vaccinated, they can also afford to do without my money! A sword can cut both ways!

DarkMatter
    Participant

The program will give a free New York Lottery scratch-off ticket for the Mega Multiplier Lottery to any individuals over the age of 18 who get vaccinated at certain locations across the state between May 24 and May 28

I can see a great new ad campaign:

Get the Jab and Take your Chances!

Michael Reid
    Participant

@ V. Arnold

I fully agree that living life without debt is the correct approach. While this is my current situation I wish I had realized this earlier in life. So much income was wasted servicing debt when a better approach would have been to save, build starting small and make improvements in a debt free manner. Living this way seems to maximize freedom.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Michael Reid
    I fully agree that living life without debt is the correct approach. While this is my current situation I wish I had realized this earlier in life.

Me too…
    It’s why I’m a anti-debt crusader/fanatic(?) now…
    But, it’s never too late; and yes, no debt equals freedom, nobody owns you…
    Cheers

phoenixvoice
    Participant

“No debt” was my goal. For many years, the only debt I had was my mortgage. My parents even invested in my mortgage a few years ago, so that I was paying them rather than a wall street bank. Then my ex decided to use the courts to remove my kids from me…and I had to oppose his efforts. Oh, well.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Ohio will give 5 people $1 million each in COVID-19 vaccine lottery

Something for the “vaccine hesitant” to think about:
    In the vaccine lottery, the chance of dying from the vaccine is actually greater than the chance of winning a million dollars.

WES
    Participant

Yes trying to live your life debt free is hard at first but once you adjust, you will never want to go back into debt. The thing about having no debt and some savings is that you then have options. You get to decide what is in your best interests, not what is in your debt lender’s best interests.

I was very fortunate to be raised by parents, especially my Father, who fully understood all of this and raised me this way. Of course they in turn were raised in the same manner by my grandparents. I have raised my 2 children to view life that way too. (Of course, I helped put them both in a position of having choices, the day each were born! Not because I was rich but rather because I understood the financial and tax systems here in Canada and how I could use 18 years of their growing up time to help my children. I simply believe children should be put to work the day they are born! I also didn’t get married until I was 40!)

For example, my daughter is not looking for a summer job this summer because with covid she feels it isn’t worth the risk. She can do so because she has savings to fall back on. In other words she has options!

I told her just enjoy the summer! You will be spending most of your life working anyways so why start any sooner than you need too. Besides you are only young once! (O.K. I will admit I am a very bad influence!)

ezlxa1949
    Participant

phoenix voice wrote,

an experimental product that has not been fully approved by the FDA

Recall that in June (or is it July, forget) Pfizer will file for formal approval from the FDA, and I have read somewhere or other that approval will be granted in October. Whether that be true or not, when approval is granted then suddenly it’s not experimental any more and hence all objections on that ground are nullified.

I am just spinning out here. I don’t know what to make of this morbid child purification rite. There’s something terribly wrong happening with parental love. Brains are being altered. I know about the madness of crowds, but isn’t this off the charts?
    “No, honey, you love koolaid! Bottoms up! See? Just like mommy…”
    I thought risk/benefit analysis was an innate trait of humans.
    I wish Ilargi could show a picture that captures the power of propaganda. ([“discuss”]), for I feel it has gained the upper hand.

I hope this isn’t a repeat post- lately when I hit “submit” or “refresh” TAE simply closes.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Wes
    Yes trying to live your life debt free is hard at first but once you adjust, you will never want to go back into debt.

The U.S. is a debt based economic model; of course they do everything possible to discourage fiscal responsibility by its citizens. For the government, fiscal responsibility is defined as holding your fair share of their debt… 😉
    With democracy no longer a reality, being debt free costs them a huge amount of leverage over their citizens…
    It took me a shamefully long time to wake up to all of this debt stuff; but, better late than never…
    20 years and counting for a debt free life…
    Cheers everybody & freedom from debt slavery to all…

V. Arnold
    Participant

my parents said know

I wish Ilargi could show a picture that captures the power of propaganda. ([“discuss”]), for I feel it has gained the upper hand.

That’s the whole point of propaganda; overwhelm the targets with unrelenting screed, 24/7/365…
    One is supposed to feel helpless in the face of the unrelenting pushing of their pov…
    Trust nothing; question everything including your own belief system…
    Look up Edward Louis Bernays and you’ll learn a lot.
    Start here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ my parents said know

Regarding propaganda; I do not trust wiki for anything important, so, I found another site, which seems a better read on Bernays:
    https://www.thoughtco.com/edward-bernays-4685459

Bernays is called the father of Public Relations and Propaganda; so that should answer all your questions regarding propaganda…
    Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.