Debt Rattle May 9 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 9 2015

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Arthur Rothstein Steam shovels on flatcars, Cherokee County, Kansas 1936 • Wall Street Soars On Hopes Of Fed Reprieve, Yet Sting In The Tail (AEP) • W
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 9 2015]

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

The intended humor in the last article relies on readers being misinformed (or more accurately, hoodwinked).

5/09/2015 — Icepack levels growing rapidly to RECORD levels at the South Pole — North Pole still frozen solid

Ken Barrows
    Participant

DS,
    Sorry I cannot resist. Why is this data important? Because it shows what you want to show? Which is what exactly? That ice has to melt all over the globe (like an ice cream cone) simultaneously to show global warming? An explanation given for the South Pole ice rise is winds, take it or leave it.

Certainly it’s true that a vast consensus can be wrong. We’ll see if those opinions are wrong. I see you used to say no global warming in fifteen years, but then 2014 (according to the government data) surpassed the super El Nino of 1998. So throw out and get another theory.

I guess you think carbon dioxide (half of all emissions globally since 1988) can be emitted infinitely into the atmosphere with no effects. We’ll see. Of course, everyone who disagrees with you is hoodwinked, so there’s no discussion to be had. Just waiting as homo sapiens continues to emit carbon.

Keep venting if you want to, though.

John Day
    Participant

The antarctic ice sheet has lost a lot of mass in the past decade.
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150430191140.htm

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Ken,

Everybody, including my fellow “deniers,” agrees that climate changes continuously and always. As to whether “the change” is in the direction of warming or cooling, it depends on how long a time period is being considered, as well as WHICH time period is considered. Fifteen years is clearly too short a time to declare a trend, especially when such a trend is cynically extrapolated to the end of the century.

If the polar ice caps are growing, where are “rising sea level” waters coming from? Are sea levels authentically rising? There has been a lot of proven fraud surrounding global warming data. Why would you trust data showing a couple millimeters of sea level rise? More importantly, why would you consider a couple millimeters of rising sea level to portend catastrophe?

Carbon dioxide is ultimately what keeps us all alive. Sunlight + CO2 + H20 yields the bulk of the weight of the carbs, fats and proteins in plants, and those support the higher organisms that eat the plants. Increasing CO2 causes an increase in plant biomass. Increasing CO2 is a good thing, and at the concentrations we’re talking about, CO2 verifiably exerts a negligible greenhouse effect compared with water vapor. CO2 will be emitted into the atmosphere “infinitely” whether we burn fossil fuels or not (due to volcanoes, bacterial decay, flatulence, termites, Chinese coal, fires, etc.)

The sun cycles, and is obviously responsible for essentially all of Earth’s warmth. All climate models invariably fail to adequately account for that input.

The “vast consensus” you speak of is, and always has been, fictional. The science was never “settled” except in the minds of non-scientists listening to government-subsidized lies in the mainstream media. Just as you don’t hear about the teeming throngs of architects and engineers who’ve claimed for nearly fourteen years that the Twin Towers were professionally demolished, you don’t hear about the teeming (and growing) number of scientists calling “global warming” a fraud. Too much money involved, mostly extorted through taxes – – by governments that were bought and paid for by the elites – – to admit the truth to the public at this point. Indeed, the global warming industry has become “too big to fail.” For the “Warmists” it’s a “green” religion, complete with a government-inspired “us versus them” divide-and-conquer mindset. Some Warmists actually call for heretics like me to be punished. That isn’t science, it’s politics. Politics is lies. Why do you suppose Al Gore is still the movement’s mascot?

But none of that accounts for my stridency here. Global warming is first and foremost a tax scam, plain and simple. All the carbon taxes, credits, and other governmental shenanigans in the world will never put a dent in atmospheric carbon dioxide levels. That money goes primarily into the pockets of the 1% – – the same elites we all rightly object to for so many other reasons. For the life of me, I cannot understand why impoverished taxpayers all over the world self-righteously beg for higher taxes and absolutely unaffordable changes to our means of transport. Especially when those taxes will achieve nothing beneficial except for those in on the scam.

Finally, as I’ve pointed out many times before, mankind is indeed monkeying with the climate via radio waves (e.g. HAARP) and chemtrails. Those massive and growing programs are kept secret by the same governments that try to blame the public for climate change (with the CO2 nonsense). If you’re actually concerned with climate change, I would suggest starting there because hydrocarbons have nothing to do with it.

Not venting, just an intellectually honest rejoinder to your concerns.

Nassim
    Participant

When scientists modify the data, they are no longer scientists:

“Climategate, the sequel: How we are STILL being tricked with flawed data on global warming”
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/11367272/Climategate-the-sequel-How-we-are-STILL-being-tricked-with-flawed-data-on-global-warming.html

Here is the really big driver behind climate: the Sun:

“A primary fact that many climatologists and environmentalists ignore is that planetary cycles drive Solar Cycles, which in turn governs Climatic Cycles. The Jupiter and Saturn cycles govern the solar cycles modulated by the longer cycles of the Gas Giants Uranus and Neptune. The Jupiter cycle is 11.86 years. The Sunspot cycle is 11-12 years. (The well-known 11-year Schwabe sunspot number cycle is constrained between the spring tidal period of Jupiter and Saturn, 9.93 year, and the tidal orbital period of Jupiter, 11.86 year. [Nicola Scafetta]) Also of consideration are the changing angular momentum, speeds and distances of these planets in their orbits.

The ~23-year Hale duplex cycle (two reverse polarity sunspot cycles) is approximately half the triple Jupiter-Saturn-Uranus synodic cycle, which varies from 42 to 45 years (synods occur in 1881, 1923, 1968, 2011, 2053, 2099).

The Earth-Moon system in turn receives and moduates Solar activity via lunar cycles, Metonic cycles (18.6-year lunar node cycle) and Saros eclipse cycles, which in turn modulate the breathing of Earth’s core, and subsequently its surface, causing ocean tides, altering currents, El Niño/El Niña oscillations, etc. Ocean fluctuations drive air temperatures, weather and climate fluctuations. The Jupiter and Saturn cycles also drive the 60 year global temperature duplex cycle. (30 years warming trend / 30 year cooling trend).”
    https://www.lunarplanner.com/SolarCycles.html

V. Arnold
    Participant

Isn’t the real point; humans are impacting the planet in negative ways and need to change their behavior.
    Historically humans have always impacted the planet; in the 21st century it’s serious and global, not just local. This is already having an effect on our health.
    We’re on a finite planet acting as though we have infinite resources; grow up (aimed at no one in particular)…

Nassim
    Participant

Arnold,

I fully agree. Since we have limited resources, let’s us them intelligently. Expecting people to stop or slow down fossil-fuel use when there is no real alternative and the CO2 argument is unproven is not very smart IMHO.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Global warming could absolutely be real and still be a tax scam. I would expect no less.

But the real question here–that I think all us glumskulls can agree upon is:

1. it doesn’t matter, as no one is going to voluntarily do anything, or if the West does, their gains will be outrun by the emerging world, ie, all carbon will be burned by someone.
    2. it doesn’t matter, because the arrival of peak oil means CO2 is going down already.
    3. it doesn’t matter, because resource competition in an oil-constrained world is far more likely to lead to both destruction of supply and the murder of a few hundred million consumers.

Did I mention it doesn’t matter? Hoe your own row. If you believe any of these things, you have more than enough work to set your own house in order without worrying about the other guy.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ Dr. Diablo

But you don’t ask question/s; you make statements.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Every answer a question with another question?
    https://www.topcovers4fb.com/facebook-covers/question-everything-why/
    😉

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Dr. D,

I enjoyed and agree with your post, but “it doesn’t matter” doesn’t mean we can ignore it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.