Debt Rattle May Day 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May Day 2019

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Gustave Courbet The desperate man (self portrait) 1852   • Maduro Claims Victory Over ‘Deranged’ Coup Attempt (G.) • Zero Percent of Elite Commen
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May Day 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Gustave Courbet: The desperate man (self portrait) 1852

Wow! That’s quite a self portrait. Actually; I can relate, many, many, decades ago…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Also of major note; today is labor day. At least here it is recognised, and labor is given a payed day off…
    Here, they know the difference.

Assange sentenced to 1 year in UK jail.

Tomorrow hearing about extradition to US.

The British need to seriously worry about their justice system. More than about Brexit. Assange sought refuge because of extradition risk. There is nothing illegal about that. Moreover, he has been proven right.

Dr. D
    Participant

With such a great economy, Green Shoots! Trump signs a $2T stimulus bill and demands rates be cut immediately 4x the normal, with a full 1% rate cut. In reality, the exponential function is running vertical, and if they don’t double the money injected in every time period — now $2T not every 4 years, but 2 years – it will crash. Inflate or die. But of course that was the plan since 1979: we were never going to pay anything back. No one was. However, as the core currency, the Dow will go straight up and attract money out of the periphery including Europe. Straight up until 2021: elections anyone?

“Maduro Claims Victory Over ‘Deranged’ Coup Attempt (G.)”

Just like Russia said would happen if they got involved. They would stop the “new technology” of riots and overthrows. Fun to make Bolton, Pompeo, and the neoliberals look like helpless idiots though: it’s always a good day for that.
    But when you’re literally saying we promote democracy and the constitution by forcing an illegal coup to install an unelected foreign candidate, words fail. That was so logical,100% of the old media have supported and reported it.

“About That Letter That Mueller Wrote To Barr… (ZH)”

As the fake media won’t give up on Russia Russia Russia, WaPo and NYT publish that Barr was misrepresenting Mueller. In fact, Mueller was clear about who was misrepresenting him:

“[Mueller] felt that the media coverage of it was misinterpreting the investigation, officials said.”
    Which means that, as the WaPo itself reports, what Mueller was really angry with was the coverage of his report by media such as… the WaPo and the NYT?? The irony, it burns.”

But don’t worry. In America, it’s impossible to be discredited and receive any consequences for lies and failure.

“Why Are Clapper and Brennan Not in Jail?”

Why not for the 500 other things they did before now? If we’d enforced any law at all in the last 30 years, they wouldn’t be there.

“Julian Assange’s Confinement and Arrest Are a Scandal (Maurizi)”

50 weeks in British prison will keep Assange from telling the truth about Russia before Congress. And they hid, deleted, denied, ignored, forgot documents, ran a kangaroo court for people merely reporting – all illegally – in an attempt to hide torture, their violent crimes and election rigging? Gosh, sounds like a job for Wikileaks. Keep track of who’s on which side, with VIPS completely on the side of truth, and the guys shutting down speech have something to hide.

“is considered an offensive, derogatory”

Everything in the Simpsons is offensive and derogatory. That’s the point. Count yourself lucky “Family Guy” didn’t cover you. But in the new era of fake news with fake headlines, it’s “300 million at risk of flooding!!” (meaning it’s spring) and “John Doe SAVAGES Joe Smith!!!” (when really he says, I must respectfully disagree with you), the Simpsons’ case is probably one guy in Letterkenny posted a tweet of mild unease. As the headline says, he was “miffed” — the U.S.-Canadian war begins tomorrow!

zerosum
    Participant

What is that expression?

John 8:31-32 English Standard Version (ESV)
    The Truth Will Set You Free
    31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples,
    32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

I must reflect on all of what I learned.
    I reserve the right to change my mind.

zerosum
    Participant

https://venezuelanalysis.com/news/14453

Venezuelan Military Putsch Defeated as Leopoldo Lopez Takes Refuge in Spanish Embassy

Opposition protesters clashed with security forces while government supporters swiftly mobilized to defend the presidential palace.

Brazilian authorities also confirmed at the time that 25 soldiers who had taken part in the failed insurrection had taken refuge in the Brazilian embassy in Caracas.

John Day
    Participant

http://www.johndayblog.com/2019/05/tell-truth.html
    Caitlin Johnstone wonders what news about Venezuela would look like if it were honest, instead of propaganda for global empire.
    Juan Guaido: I would like to be regarded as the interim president of Venezuela because the current president of Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro, stands opposed to the interests of the political bodies with which I have aligned myself. Also, he stands opposed to my own personal ambitions of becoming powerful.
    Washington, DC: We too would like for Juan Guaido to be regarded as the interim president of Venezuela, because the current President of Venezuela is too cozy in policy and practice with our geopolitical opponents. We would not mind this so much if Venezuela didn’t sit atop the world’s largest proven oil reserves. If we can’t control what happens to those oil reserves, we won’t be as dominant on the world stage as we otherwise would be.​..
    ​ Mainstream media: The US government, and of course the powerful unelected individuals who run it from behind the scenes without any accountability or oversight from the public, is attempting to topple Venezuela’s only recognized government using starvation sanctions, CIA operations, and an open campaign to delegitimize the sitting president of that nation. They are doing this because controlling as much of the world’s oil supplies as possible helps them to control the world, and controlling the world is the thing that they want to do. These are the things we would be telling you if we weren’t owned by the same plutocratic class which owns the US government.

If The Agenda To Oust Maduro Was Honest Instead Of Dishonest

The “deplorable” Hillary Clinton.​
    ​ ​WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said during a television interview on Wednesday that the United States was prepared to take military action to stem the ongoing turmoil in Venezuela.
    “Military action is possible. If that’s what’s required, that’s what the United States will do,” Pompeo said in an interview with Fox Business Network, but added that the United States would prefer a ​(much cheaper) ​peaceful transition of power in Venezuela.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-politics-pompeo/u-s-military-action-in-venezuela-is-possibility-if-required-pompeo-idUSKCN1S73Q1
    A high level Pentagon official has admitted that US forces will be in Syria for “the long haul” and coupled his statement by declaring the territory contains “a lot of the oil resources and arable land.”
    The unusually frank remarks were made this week by Michael Mulroy, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for the Middle East, while addressing a conference at the D.C. based Center for a New American Security (CNAS), months after President Trump appeared to have caved to his advisers, reversing course earlier this year from his stated goal of a full and rapid US troop exit from Syria.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-30/us-troops-syria-long-haul-atop-lot-oil-resources-top-pentagon-official
    1) How can this happen if multinational corporations control the politicians of the powerful countries?​ 2) Who gets more of the money?
    Introducing a global minimum effective corporate-tax rate on MNCs of between 20 and 25 per cent, as the ICRICT (of which I am a member) advocates, would greatly weaken these firms’ financial incentives to use so-called transfer pricing among their subsidiaries to shift recorded profits to low-tax countries. Moreover, a global minimum would end the race to the bottom in which countries lower their national tax rates to attract investment by MNCs.
    These global tax revenues could then be allocated among governments according to factors such as the company’s sales, employment and number of digital users in each country—rather than on where multinationals decide to locate their operations and intellectual property.
    https://www.socialeurope.eu/how-to-tax-a-multinational

Dr. D
    Participant

The taxes on the MNCs would be remitted to…the government, which is owned by the corporations and would give it back, or use it for them. For instance in bombing profitable nations on their behalf and arresting whistleblowers at home.

However if you had capitalism (I know, right?) the competition of other, smaller companies would devour the MNCs in no time, not allowing them to buy government, for thousands of smaller companies would find their interests too diverse.

But without the need to hand tax dollars to GM, Lockheed, and Tesla, and to prosecute trillion-dollar wars abroad and police repression and competition-suppressions at home, the government could also be a lot smaller, and therefore cheaper? Pipe dream? Not just the U.S., but much of the world was once this way, so we know it can work. And pay for itself.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.