Debt Rattle November 11 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 11 2020

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Hokusai VIews of Mount Fuji: Ejiri in Suruga Province 1831   • Does Lockdown Prevent COVID Deaths? (Rushworth MD) • Brennan et al Spooked Over Su
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 11 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Hokusai VIews of Mount Fuji: Ejiri in Suruga Province 1831

Sublime…
    Reminds me Of Akira Kurosawa’s movie Dreams…especially the dream, Sunshine in the Rainand The Water Wheel Village

V. Arnold
    Participant

Basically, nothing that various world governments have done to combat covid seems to have had any effect whatsoever on the number of deaths.

Oh really?!
    Then pray tell; just how did Thailand record less than 4,000 total cases and 60 deaths?
    Please don’t waste my time telling me those are false numbers, bad reporting, or any other bullshit!
    You asked for any place where reporting and tracking were effective: I answered that but got zero response from you.
    Thailand and Asia in general have had great success in holding the CV-19 to bay…
    It is not propaganda or any other manipulation of statistics; it’s a bloody fact.
    Boogaloo has likewise confirmed this (Korea) as has a poster from Japan (his name escapes at the moment).
    Hello!!!!!!

Mister Roboto
    Participant

I always thought it was pretty ridiculous that Michael Flynn was somehow guilty of something because he had informal conversations with Russian government officials. Wasn’t that just part of the job he was supposed to do? It really underlined how the whole Russia-Gate thing was just a five-gallon bucket of pure hysteria.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

My thought for the day on Covid: The virus is known to be especially hard on people with medical preconditions and poor health in general. That’s why I think it hits populous nations with very large gaps between the rich and the poor (being very poor is very bad for your health) such as the United States, Brazil, Mexico, and India, so harshly.

VA,

It’s a doctor’s interpretation of a large scale study. Don’t shoot the piano player. The conversation we had with Korea and Japan was about masks, IIRC. And I did respond. But I still don’t know what other factors might play a role. General behavior may be very different because of the memories of SARS etc.

V. Arnold
    Participant

The conversation we had with Korea and Japan was about masks, IIRC.

No; your question was specifficaly about contact tracing.
    I’m not about to shoot the piano player; but the songs he/she plays… ‘-)

Basseterre Kitona
    Participant

Very large study, interpreted.: .. no correlation whatsoever between severity of lockdown and number of covid deaths. [..] there was no correlation between mass testing and covid deaths either, for that matter. Basically, nothing that various world governments have done to combat covid seems to have had any effect whatsoever on the number of deaths.

This has been obvious for some time now. As Alex Berenson has been saying “virus is going to virus”.

However, governments with the aid of a complicit press can ramp up virus panic and then use that to enact further tyrannical policies.

We need to throw out all of the government policies regarding the coronavirus and just take the hit on the chin. Lockdowns, masks, testing and tracing are all a gigantic waste of effort. Even if it kills a billion people (vastly unlikely), time to just get on with it. And with any luck, it will knock off a bunch of those doddering old fools in charge of government, academia and corporations too.

Dr. D
    Participant

“Trump’s voter fraud lawsuits are not about contradicting the will of all the people — just the Black ones”

Super weird since he made massive gains with these very groups.

Trump Destroyed Democrat’s Race Card FOREVER, Minorities Moved Republican” –Pool

Facts. Evidence. Bored already. Let’s just print some stuff I made up and didn’t check.

“Very large study, interpreted.: .. no correlation whatsoever between severity of lockdown and number of covid deaths. [..] there was no correlation between mass testing and covid deaths either, for that matter. Basically, nothing that various world governments have done to combat covid seems to have had any effect whatsoever on the number of deaths.”

As predicted. As easily seen in the first 4 weeks using “Science.” Ah Science, we never knew ya. Come back, come back, yon Science. Nope. Lockdown until BOTH your kids AND grandma AND all basic human rights are gone. Including the right to sing and to smile. The right to live and to die. Chattel slavery at last.

“Brennan et al Spooked Over Suggestion Trump May ‘Declassify Everything’ (RT)”

They’re all so honest and upstanding they don’t want us to know what they’ve done. And we paid for and have the rights to. Ah Democracy, we never knew ya.

“Because a court decided to (among other things) extend the time ballots could come in. And only the legislature has that power.”

Not only that, in other cases they ignored a direct, immediate court order. Like when they boarded up windows. But I’m sure the election lawsuits are all spurious. With 100 people on record as saying they were illegally ejected from their posts.

49% In New Poll Say Biden Is Legitimate Winner Of Election; 34% Say Trump (JTN)”

These polls from the same people who were just wrong by 30 points in some states? I’m sure they’re totally accurate. What did I say about being impossible to be discredited? They will never have to worry about looking for another job? Here we go: like CNN, no matter how wrong, for how many decades, “Appeal to Authority” still transcends facts and evidence. Not even death can cure it.

“Mathematical Evidence The Election Was Stolen (Lt. Col. James Zumwalt)”

I find this pretty compelling. Problem is, the population is so math illiterate they will stab themselves in the eye before asking what 99.97% means. Also, the stats are off, so what? There could be perfectly good explanations. That only indicates to accountants and policemen to go look and find out: That they don’t want to look is my real proof of smoke and fire.

“Any hope of Trump retaining the Oval Office rests on irrefutable proof of voting fraud.”

No it doesn’t. Like the other side, you COULD just run politics. You know, just make s—t up about how the President was a Putin Puppet since 1987, years before Putin or his nation existed, that serial gang rapists are roaming about the Federal Judiciary, that we just impeach…for nothing we can name actually. We COULD do that. In which case, PA need not care a whit about allegations, truth, and just send any electors they jolly well feel like. So there’s no “irrefutable”. No such thing in law exists. Plausible evidence will suffice, and when you have 100 signed affidavits, there’s far more than “plausible.” But nice moving the goal posts back into the stands. You think the other team won’t notice. “What a bunch of a-holes.” –GotG

“Biden Camp is Already Working With Foreign Leaders, Like Flynn Did (Greenwald)”

Huh. Super funny. They’re supposed to write a memo that says “what are we trying to accomplish here, an arrest, or to have him lose his job?” then go down and arrest them all on the Logan Act after 50 de-masking requests in the White House. I mean, that’s what we do now, right? When you’re going to “stop the transition team” illegally?

And yet…somehow…they are NOT doing that. Not once. No arrests, no FBI interviews, no Logan Act. They follow the law and custom. Isn’t that STRANGE to anyone yet? 100% of the time they say they don’t follow law and custom and 100% of the time they do? Don’t worry, if all pollsters and all media can be totally dead wrong for decades and still be breathlessly fawned over, it will take centuries for any discrediting and re-adjusting to occur over this. Millennia perhaps.

Biden Team Considers Legal Action To Force Formal Transition Of Power (NYP)”

Please, please, PLEASE do this. Because the first and every court would say, “You have no standing whatsoever. There is no legal winner confirmed anywhere in the U.S.” Bye. But you know: lies. More lies. Then lies on THOSE lies with more lies on the lies.

Buzzfeed is not the U.S. Legal system if you hadn’t noticed. The Associated Press is not the Federal Courts even if they pretend to be. Only state Legislatures and the GSA have legal standing. Even Politifact refuses to call it…because that’s the legal and actual fact. There’s nothing to concede. There are no results yet. As expected. As predicted. Heck, Podesta’s TIP Project SAID they would do this back in July. Said it in USA Today. Is everyone on earth an illiterate goldfish now but me?

So anyway, yes, Biden has to THREATEN to do this in order to get maximum violence in the streets and maximum murders when it’s reversed. But he can’t ACTUALLY do this. Just like HRC. She has to CLAIM Putin stole the election (without evidence). But she can’t ACTUALLY call for a legal recount as was her legal right. And duty, even. Because then they would find all the election fraud Jill Stein revealed in Detroit. Instead: innuendo and lies for 1,470 days and counting. If you know something Ms. Rodham: BRING IT TO THE COURTS. If you have a felony, and don’t bring it to the courts, YOU ARE AN ACCESSORY. This is your public duty.

As with Biden. They do not.

“AI Software Verified Mail-In Ballots in Key Swing States (Whitney Webb)”

So…nobody looked at 80% of the key ballots. Am I reading that right?

Don’t worry: all the lawsuits are spurious and will soon be thrown out.

Fox Joins MSM, Forcing Millions Of Americans To The Media Fringes (Bridge)”

Thank God they finally realized “Fox” was short for “in the henhouse”. I wondered what it would take. 7 wars and $4T of their money wasn’t adequate.

“Biden Aide Signals Push For Greater Censorship On The Internet (Turley)”

Greater censorship and death-and-purge lists going up all over, like CNN, Congresswomen, etc. Yay! Love, tolerance, reconciliation, healing. The side of the Angels.

Nations? Yes, but what does THIS study of THESE nations say? They say the nations did very different things, soft hard, early late, no difference. Great: A study. NOW let’s go over to Thailand, Africa, Japan and ask why, when they ALSO didn’t do a lot of these things, they also have no cases. That’s a different study. Guess? Africa = Vit D + widespread HCQ. As possibly Thailand. Japan different social mores and very different tracing response. You know: one based on Science.

But this study DOES eliminate 1) masks 2) lockdowns 3) tests. So can we move to something that works now, please? It’s only been a year with 70 million idiots like me, plus 10,000 MDs saying it Every. Day. And Fauci being Dead. Wrong. Every. Day. It hurts.

upstateNYer
    Participant

I haven’t commented in a while but am going to jump in on today’s discussion on the interpretation of the study on factors impacting COVID.

V Arnold defends Thailand’s low case and death count. Indeed, Japan, Korea and other countries have managed to do the same.

Oddly enough, India and Greece are also managing to keep numbers pretty darned low if you take a look at their total population count and, in some areas, the living conditions of people. I selected these two countries as a question mark because a) India has extremely dense population areas with extreme poverty and people living in squalor, and b) Greece has refugee camps with extreme density and people living in squalor. These are people without adequate access to even clean water and sanitation facilities. How is it possible there aren’t refugees dying in droves in Greece? Corpses piling up in the slums in India?

Woldometer as of yesterday (bit of rounding on the numbers):

Thailand, 70 million people, 4,000 cases, 60 deaths
    Greece, 10 million people, 60,000 cases, 860 deaths
    India, 1.4 billion people, 8.6 million cases, 127,000 deaths
    US, 330,000 million people, 8.6 million cases, 128,000 deaths
    NY state (my home state), 20,000 million people, 575,000 cases, 34,000 deaths

So here’s what I continue to ponder: NYS did hard lock down initially (mid march – everything shut down). We continue to socially distance, wear masks, remote learn, quarantine visitors, test, trace, etc., etc., etc. All of the stuff that supposedly ends the spread. Yet here we are … still spreading the disease to some extent (Gov Cuomo has a system for implementing lock down measures in state hot spots based on positive testing rates and other data. It’s lovely).

Riddle me this: how are Greece refugee camps and India slums able to keep spread low despite deplorable living conditions that also obviously impact a person’s overall health … but Western countries can’t?

How did Thailand keep deaths to 60? That is about HALF of the deaths in the county where I live in upstate NY that has a population of 460,000 (217 deaths here as of yesterday).

Sorry … I don’t believe Thailand (as an example), India’s slums and Greece’s refugee camps are doing everything right and Western countries are just plain too dumb to fix the problem.

I’m open to explanations for these glaring inconsistencies, although I’d prefer not to focus entirely on “overweight and older” and “masks” as the only causes for it. The inconsistencies are far too extreme. No longer buying that.

I’m thinking it’s time to give the nod to Dr D and his, um, passionate expositions, about the true reason for turning coronavirus into a pandemic.

Mr. House
    Participant

“Article in Sydney Morning Herald, September 25 2019 about hay fever says: “This article was originally published in 2018 and has since been updated.”

How is it possible it’s talking about COVID19 in Sep 2019 at the latest? Didn’t we not know about it till December? What did I miss?”

Here is an interesting timeline:

“The Central Banks are behind the protests, directly or indirectly. This is the timeline:
    Oct 2018 – While CNN were jumping and shrieking like caged animals about Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, the U.S. government was very busy with something else: it passed FASAB-56 allowing any and all government financial accounts to become secret.
    Aug 2019 – Central bankers from around the world met at Jackson Hole and proposed “Going Direct”, while Bank of England governor Mark Carney said the world needed a global mechanism to replace the dollar.

The banks had circled their wagons, they were ready to reset the monetary system.
    Sep 2019 – the Federal Reserve intervened to flood the repo market (global cash market) with cash (liquidity M1 up 21%, M2 up 31%).
    World Economic Forum published The Great Reset , “the marketing document for the non financial people of exactly what’s going on,” says Catherine Austin Fitts.
    Jan-Feb 2020 – the smart money exits the market. Medical martial law is used to shut down small business and farms throwing them into debt entrapment from which they cannot escape. Emerging Markets are dependent on foreign currency (as a peg or shadow currency) so they cannot print money. They are going bankrupt and will be recolonized. This has the potential to expand slavery on an individual and intercontinental level.

Where this is leading: A digital payments system is being proposed, linked to a chip in every individual or digital tattoo. This would allow the abolition of cash and its replacement with vouchers and rationing based on energy use – in line with the climate lobby’s longstanding proposals. The same chip would allow the collectivist management of every aspect of individual lives. George Orwell called this The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism.”

Mr. House
    Participant

“How is it possible it’s talking about COVID19 in Sep 2019 at the latest? Didn’t we not know about it till December? What did I miss?”

I don’t remember hearing anything about it until at least Jan.

Mr. House
    Participant
    John Day
    Participant

What is the link between population response and governmental mandate?
    It is highly variable, right?
    In Texas, a very large state, I live in Austin, the state capital, and also “silicon hills”. We have a compliance-economy. It has gotten expensive to live here, so it is populated by people who are well paid to comply.
    In Lubbock and El Paso the viral cases ae running rampant, but not in Austin. People in Austin started working from home (techies can) in early April, before spring break, as soon as South By Southwest was canceled. “THATS SERIOUS”, they thought out loud. There was a summer vacation viral peak here, but it shut down and stayed down by the second half of July. Austin strictly complied with the July 2 (toothless) “mandate” to mask in public buildings. Other areas were very slow to comply and are notably slipping back to (gasp) masklessness.
    This is my street level observation, traveling the 2 hour drive between Austin and rural (fracking area, cattle ranches) Yoakum weekly.

zerosum
    Participant

Raúl Ilargi Meijer, You Kicked the killer wasp nest this morning
    The web tells secrets and gossips
    …… whistleblower

• Brennan et al Spooked Over Suggestion Trump May ‘Declassify Everything’ (RT)

———-
    Where should we spend billions of dollars?
    • Does Lockdown Prevent COVID Deaths? (Rushworth MD)
    the reseachers who put this study together gathered an enormous amount of data, pretty much everything they could think of under the sun that might in some way correlate with covid statistics.
    Basically, nothing that various world governments have done to combat covid seems to have had any effect whatsoever on the number of deaths.

———-
    Different tune.

It is customary for post-election transition officials to work with their counterparts in foreign governments to lay the groundwork for relations with the new administration.
    Here are the enablers.

https://buildbackbetter.com/the-transition/agency-review-teams/
    AGENCY REVIEW TEAMS
    Meet the Biden-Harris agency review teams
    ——-
    Pump and Dump
    Pfizer’s CEO Dumps 62% Of His Stock On COVID Vaccine Announcement
    ——
    Russia Says ‘Sputnik 5’ COVID-19 Vaccine “92% Effective”
    —–
    Futures Jump And This Time Tech Stocks Join The Party
    —–

And the winner will be ….

Democrats and Republicans can do the same thing ….. “Batches of ballots were repeatedly run through the vote tabulation machines…”

Mr. House
    Participant
    John Day
    Participant

1) I have always been fond of Hokusai’s work. I have 2 Hokusai prints hanging and copied a Mt Fuji painting of his into a mural in college.
    2) Here is an edgier view of Rupert’s change of cmps to what I’ll call Bush-Clinton.

Rupert Murdoch-Owned Media Turns on Trump, Urges Him to Cooperate With the Regime Coup Against Him

zerosum
    Participant

@ upstateNYer
    Right on!
    The inconsistencies are far too extreme.
    I agree. I’ve been presenting examples of info that does not compute since I read about the declaration of the pandemic.

Noirette
    Participant

“Basically, nothing that various world governments have done to combat covid seems to have had any effect whatsoever on the number of deaths.”

Rushworth points out the statistical ‘problems’ or what should be termed more mildly imho as “difficulties.” These all have to do with the pitfalls of correlational studies and the attendant p-values or probabilities that are decided on. He rightly points out that if you do a heap of correlations some of them will be positive, show a relationship, but will be ’accidental’ and meaningless, not worthy of attention.

Imho the ‘problem’ with the conclusion – I don’t dispute that no effect of ‘lockdown’ was found (although obviously ‘lockdown’ is very varied and actually assigning a category or ‘score’ for it would be a whole other complex endeavor, with the differences between country’s measures, their societies, pop density, compliance, etc.) is that the time span of the data gathered was super-short:

April 1 to May 1, 2020, and spread over 50 countries. Thus there was no possibility of finding a correlation, as lock-downs were variously: over after a short time, a long time, still on the books, put on early, late…. etc. (Besides never implemented, poorly implemented, etc.) The same goes for masks.

The effect of this kind of public health measure takes time – at the *very least* 2 weeks to show an effect, and those times have to be taken into account to study the matter. So no effect was found.

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

“Rupert Murdoch-Owned Media Turns on Trump, Urges Him to Cooperate With the Regime Coup Against Him” – Anti-Empire

From the article above: “Top editors at the Post have “told some staff members this week to be tougher in their coverage” of Trump, the New York Times reported, citing two anonymous employees of the paper.”

So there you have it. All that’s needed now is for Rudy Giuliani to be found hanging from his shower curtain and the election is over. Falsehood and evil triumph once again. Whom the Gods would destroy they first make mad… and all that stuff. Those stupid philosophers didn’t know what they were talking about. The stock market’s at all-time highs and things couldn’t be better. Next stop, Shangri-La. We know what’s best for you. That’s why we occupy these high positions of power and you don’t.

“What! Would you so soon put out, with worldly hands, the light I give?” – Ghost of Christmas Past

Yes, put out with worldly hands any light that tries to shine forth to illuminate truth. Anything that might lead to a “reclamation” – a turning from the path of destruction. Turn it on its head. Stomp on it. Censor it. Kill it if you must. Yes, kill the light. Kill truth. Give us Barabbas!

A little over-the-top, you say? We shall see.

upstateNYer
    Participant

Obviously a ridiculously stupid typo in my original comment above:

“NY state (my home state), 20,000 million people, 575,000 cases, 34,000 deaths”

“20,000 million” people. Yes, we are wall-to-wall people here in NY, in case anyone who is wondering.

That should be 20 million people.

Mr. House
    Participant
    a kullervo
    Participant

Don’t fret
    Future’s nigh
    Both dead
    You and I

Greetings,

Almost a year into this low-spectrum epidemic and references to differences between regions/countries/ethnicities* concerning dietary regimes, frugality, restraint and other cultural/behavioral traits with a real impact on human health/longevity remain conspicuously absent from the debate.

Why?

Because individuals, regardless of their educational level, will always find a way to validate their own petty biases. It’s called idiocy and it’s just a factor more playing a relevant role in humans’ natural comorbidity.

* Do you have a better explanation for the mortality rate of African Americans vis-à-vis the epidemic’s general impact in Africa?

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

MIT PhD Analysis of Michigan Votes Reveals Unfortunate Truth of U.S. Voting Systems

For those that are able to speak the language of math, the above presentation is pretty conclusive proof that a software algorithm was used in the vote tabulation computer systems to prune votes from Trump and give them to Biden. What does the data say? The stronger Trump did in a particular precinct the more of his votes were siphoned off and transferred to Biden.

zerosum
    Participant

Billion, and billions of $, dollars being transferred from one pocket to another pocket with holes in it.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/europe-pay-lower-price-pfizer-covid-vaccine-us

The bloc will pay less than $19.50 per shot, a senior EU official involved in talks with vaccine makers told Reuters, adding that partly reflected the financial support given by the EU and Germany for the drug’s development.

The official requested anonymity as the terms of the agreement are confidential.

The United States agreed to pay $19.50 per shot for 100 million doses, a smaller volume than the EU. But it has an option to buy a further 500 million under terms to be negotiated separately, and the price it will pay is unclear.
    Details needed.
    https://www.thebalancesmb.com/retail-shipping-terms-fob-2890156
    What Does Free or Freight On Board (FOB) Mean?
    If the FOB terms of sale indicate that it is “FOB delivered,” then this implies that the shipper will be responsible for all of the carrier’s costs. If the terms of sale show “FOB origin,” then this means that the buyer will take the title of the goods when they are shipped, and they will incur all the transportation costs from the shipping location to the final destination.

In the USA , YOU will hafetopay way more than $20.00 per vaccine shot.

Perhaps Thailand (for example) didn’t run 40+ cycles on their not-for-diagnosis PCR tests. Maybe they didn’t use them much at all, but relied on a doctor’s confirmed diagnosis. Maybe they confirmed it as a death from Covid ™ when it was only that- a death from a respiratory virus. Maybe they considered a death from heart disease “with” the virus as a death from heart disease?

The West absolutely wanted panic- still wants panic. The picture is becoming clearer and clearer as the US is being set up for civil unrest. We are being played.

Dr. Shiva’s video is very good. As someone pointed out elsewhere: Biden didn’t have to campaign. They knew what they were going to do. It was also mentioned in that same elsewhere that they were using the same stuff in 2016, but it crashed. It explains Clinton’s monstrous behavior election night. It’s a wonder she didn’t stroke out.
    Salvo after salvo- and most people don’t even know we are under attack.
    Write it on copper and bury it deep in the ground. A thousand years from now, someone may want to know what went on as the American Empire collapsed and took the world with it. They certainly aren’t going to find it in any official records.

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

What else can we infer from Dr. Shiva’s MI voter data analysis posted above?

Obviously, the people running this Juan Guaidó-like coup attempt are idiots. They are not your “betters”. They are certainly light years from the genius of an Alan Turing, inspiration for the movie The Imitation Game in which cracking the Nazi Enigma code machine helped turn the tide of the war. This required the use of statistical analysis, allowing the Allied Powers to win some battles, lose others, but yet win the war. All without alerting the Nazis that their unbreakable code machine had, in fact, been broken.

What do we see in the Michigan voter data? That the coup leaders rushed into service a stupid linear algorithm to steal votes from Trump and transfer to Biden. Instead of a sophisticated, statistically-based algorithm, difficult to detect, they instead used a sledgehammer. This does not even take into account all the ballet stuffing. Now all the world knows that the US is in fact a banana republic, with idiots at the helm.

Just how they are going to make all this publicly available evidence go away, I don’t know. And just how are they going to convince everyone who saw this brazen display of voter fraud that they really didn’t see it?

Mr. House
    Participant

Can’t get enough of this

zerosum
    Participant

” ,,,, the US is in fact a banana republic, with idiots at the helm….
    Just how they are going to make all this publicly available evidence go away, I don’t know. And just how are they going to convince everyone who saw this brazen display of voter fraud that they really didn’t see it?”

No problem ….. just like before

no proof of wrong doing …. take it to court
    plausible deniability
    deny, deny deny….That’s not evidence
    (Remember the election in Venuzuela)

Bill7
    Participant

my-parents-said-know said:

> The West absolutely wanted panic- still wants panic. The picture is becoming clearer and clearer as the US is being set up for civil unrest. We are being played.

Absolutely, my friend.. that’s what the maximal-chaos-by-design mcElection is about, as well.

Cui bono?

zerosum
    Participant

For the last 4 years we have seen and heard the democrats and Hillary saying that Trump had not won the election etc.
    So, be prepared to hear the same thing about Biden from the republicans.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tit_for_tat
    See also
    Attitude polarization
    Chicken (game)
    Christmas truce
    Deterrence theory
    Eye for an eye
    Golden Rule
    Mutual assured destruction
    Nice Guys Finish First, a documentary by Richard Dawkins that discusses tit for tat.
    Quid pro quo
    Trigger strategy, a set of strategies of which tit for tat is a member.
    Virtuous circle and vicious circle
    Zero-sum game

Noirette
    Participant

“Do you have a better explanation for the mortality rate of African Americans vis-à-vis the epidemic’s general impact in Africa?” .. I will answer it:

North America (and S America as well) have been hit much much harder by Covid than Africa, see link (to and FT graphic) which shows deaths, a kind of hard number – though there may be reporting glitches nonetheless.

https://on.ft.com/2IluZHe

So by definition African-Americans, who live in the US, are more affected than their African brothers. Why? Because a black man in NY meets 189 ppl to talk to and be close to, in his service day job, take the metro, goes to a bar with his g-f and then to a disco, the next day he goes to church… His counterpart in Burundi meets in a day 17 ppl (plus 30 but just hello hello), all the encounters take place outside, he goes home to wife and two children, in an airy hut, that’s it. Oh, and: the NY chap is overweight, the Burundi man skinny as a rake.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.